Sequels After Colossus, Wolverine & Professor X- which X-Man will see in the new future again

I think a character like jubilee is probably more in the same priority position as rogue and neither are what I would call high priority, if you go on Twitter or whatever and take a look around there are a lot of people excited to see jubilee, Infact for a surprising amount she is the one they are most excited for, but that doesn't mean fox are now looking at how they can put Jubilee in more movies as I'd say about 65% or something of characters have their fanbase so I ain't downplaying rogue I am just being realistic in where she stands priority wise in this film universe

The gambit team probably will use rogue at some point although I don't think they will waste her and put her in a small role in the origin story when you have the bella character who will probably fill the love interest role better for his origin

Last edited:
Didn't they favor Rogue over Jubilee from the get go based off popularity? That role in X1 was much more suited for Jubilee or Kitty.

They essentially changed Rogue's character just so she could fill their roles in the comic and cartoon.

Last edited:
Yeah plus Rogue is more popular especially with the 90s cartoons/videogames (which were popular when X1 was still in development).

Rogue wasn't originally a member of the team in X1? And it was just Wolverine who was the new face to the team.

Didn't they favor Rogue over Jubilee from the get go based off popularity? That role in X1 was much more suited for Jubilee or Kitty.

They essentially changed Rogue's character just so she could fill their roles in the comic and cartoon.

The film certainly would have lost something if it wasn't rogue since her powers are an important part of the story, One that kitty or jubilee wouldn't fill the same way, aka being stabbed by wolverine

Rogue in X1 is about her powers, how she deals with it and what they are used for it, it wasn't let's bring in this feisty girl that everyone loves from the 90s show.

She is a popular character among others but I don't think she stands above a lot of other characters like many would like to believe

Last edited:
I don't know man, since the 90s I've always seen Rogue in the top 3 female X-Men pretty easily due to the exposure in the comics, films and cartoons. Sometimes besting Jean and Storm. Hardcore comic fans would hold Kitty higher sometimes but otherwise Rogues had alot of exposure to general audiences through the decades. I've never seen Jubilee best the majority like Jean, Storm and Rogue can.

Gonna have to agree to disagree here.

Last edited:
I don't think Rogue's popularity in the comics is why they should or shouldn't include her, rather I just think she's got a lot of cinematic potential.

Last edited:
Definitely, she has a ridiculous amount of untapped potential. She should be the X-Men's Wonder Woman or Ms Marvel with more attitude.

With her popularity I'm not just arguing comics at all. I'm arguing all forms of mainstream media including cartoons and movies. People know and like her alot. Much more so then Jubilee from what I've seen through the decades. Not to say that can't change if they give her a personality and show stealer set pieces like with Quicksilver or Nightcrawler. But as of now I can't see the comparison of Rogue to Jubilee at all.

Last edited:
Seeing Angel Dust punching Colossus reminded me of the thought if only they gave Rogue super strength in a movie, she would have appeared like Angel Dust, strength wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"