• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - S02E18 - "The Frenemy of My Enemy"

I really, strongly hope they *don't* use this as a way to "redeem" Ward. You've done a great job building up Ward as an absolute, magnificent monster, writers. Don't blow it.

"No one wants a war."

A....CIVIL war? *raises eyebrow*

Damn this Gonzalez fella has a one track mind. If Coulson farts its because he's involved in chemical warfare.

Haha I did that on an episode last season, there was a bunch of us that were in the next weeks thread by accident. But I'm super stoked for this episode, can't wait to see what goes down with Ward and 33

The redemption feels inevitable to me.

I don't get that at all. I'm getting a Loki from Dark World vibe. Needing Ward but never trusting him and Ward will have a hidden agenda at play. When it's over, Ward will have what he wants.

I don't get that at all. I'm getting a Loki from Dark World vibe. Needing Ward but never trusting him and Ward will have a hidden agenda at play. When it's over, Ward will have what he wants.

What does he want ?

Surely not Skye at this point .And she is liable to do something terminal to him if he tries anything.

Ya considering the last time Ward saw Skye she busted some caps in his ass without even thinking twice he surely can't be motivated by her. I think it will have something to do with 33 and strengthening his hold over her. She is a pretty big weapon with the ability to essentially change faces at will. I'm also sure she will somehow come into play in Coulson's plans as well.

What does he want ?

Surely not Skye at this point .And she is liable to do something terminal to him if he tries anything.

He's building his own team. I'm guessing the films are going to finish with Hydra in AOU. So maybe Grant can fill the hole. Maybe even be the new Hydra?

Last edited:
as i said before-Ward was molded by Garrett. he has no allegiance to Hydra.

what does he want. My guess is he wants a 'purpose'.

Being a legitimate agent of shield might be it.

he may have an agenda-but it's a one man agenda

How are you so sure they'll eventually be united? For all we know their anti-alien stance could grow to such an extreme they become a threat to many innocent people around the globe just because they're "guilty" of posessing the Inhuman genes. There's no unification in such a scenario, only extermination.

They're all S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. They'll join forces sooner or later.

They're all S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. They'll join forces sooner or later.

Being SHIELD agents doesn't mean the One SHIELD that'll come out of this will comprise of everyone from both factions, for all we know Gonzales, Weaver and Calderon might be arrested or killed by the end of the season depending on how extreme their decisions end up being.

Being SHIELD agents doesn't mean the One SHIELD that'll come out of this will comprise of everyone from both factions, for all we know Gonzales, Weaver and Calderon might be arrested or killed by the end of the season depending on how extreme their decisions end up being.

You don't have to assume the worst possible conclusion of this story just because you don't like Gonzales.

f99a188504b31be9983c39243b482f7a.jpg

I really, strongly hope they *don't* use this as a way to "redeem" Ward. You've done a great job building up Ward as an absolute, magnificent monster, writers. Don't blow it.

The redemption feels inevitable to me.
He's coming back.
He may be like a half hero in the end. He does good to be loyal... sorta like deadpool maybe. A more gritty hero who doesn't care about morals. He can be like Root from Person of Interest. He is loyal to a thing, and if that loyalty leads him to do good, he will do it, but if it leads him towards wrong, he will also do it.

You don't have to assume the worst possible conclusion of this story just because you don't like Gonzales.

You expect the season finale being of Coulson and Gonzales sitting on a table settling their differences and then everything is all sunshine and rainbows? They need an antagonist for this half of the season and it's very unlikely they're going to have the Inhumans be that, they're going to have a movie about them four years from now and while it won't be about the same set of characters they certainly don't want to paint the race as evil.

"No one wants a war."

A....CIVIL war? *raises eyebrow*
I kinda had the same idea when the whole "New Shield" came up. What if they both end up playing a small role in Civil War, and they are on either side? However, that raises a question, who would be on what side? I always thought Coulson would team with Cap, and the New Shields ideas of 'no secrets' to protect the public... I think it's clear New Shield would team with Stark.
The whole idea of freedom vs security is at the heart of the disagreement between New Shield and Old. I guess they don't actually have to be IN the Civil War movie, they will surely play a role in the TV show, and I assume the TV show will be continuing during this time. I think it seems like the New Shield vs Old will be kept and will build up to the civil war.

On another note, I like that Fitz is more independent now, yet Jemma still makes him sandwiches. XD
I hope he meets up with Coulson.
One thing I kinda assumed but didn't know for sure if it was true... Jemma was the one who sneaked the cube out correct?
So is she working undercover, or she agrees with the NS but doesn't think they should get the cube?
Does anyone know of the best way they could pick up Fitz? I mean... he's likely going back to school? Maybe they pick him up after a class and he goes with them.

You expect the season finale being of Coulson and Gonzales sitting on a table settling their differences and then everything is all sunshine and rainbows? They need an antagonist for this half of the season and it's very unlikely they're going to have the Inhumans be that, they're going to have a movie about them four years from now and while it won't be about the same set of characters they certainly don't want to paint the race as evil.

I expect HYDRA to launch a massive attack against S.H.I.E.L.D. which will force Coulson and Gonzales to put aside their differences and join forces.

I expect HYDRA to launch a massive attack against S.H.I.E.L.D. which will force Coulson and Gonzales to put aside their differences and join forces.

So, you're expecting a Deus Ex Machina solution to SHIELD's Civil War. Got it. :whatever:

Of course, the problem is that 5 out of 6 heads of HYDRA have been dealt with so far, the 6th, Dr. List, will be very soon and Von Strucker will be taken out of comission in Avengers: Age of Ultron. Who do you expect to order such an attack? HYDRA's motto of "cut one head, two more shall take its place" is meant to symbolize the organization's ability to never fully die, always being able to rise again by reinventing itself, not that they're able to replace heads in a very short notice. Pretty sure Marvel's intention is to have HYDRA be a non-issue for the time being, until they decide to bring it back under new leadership (Baron Zemo in Civil War, perhaps?).

So, you're expecting a Deus Ex Machina solution to SHIELD's Civil War. Got it. :whatever:

Of course, the problem is that 5 out of 6 heads of HYDRA have been dealt with so far, the 6th, Dr. List, will be very soon and Von Strucker will be taken out of comission in Avengers: Age of Ultron. Who do you expect to order such an attack? HYDRA's motto of "cut one head, two more shall take its place" is meant to symbolize the organization's ability to never fully die, always being able to rise again by reinventing itself, not that they're able to replace heads in a very short notice. Pretty sure Marvel's intention is to have HYDRA be a non-issue for the time being, until they decide to bring it back under new leadership (Baron Zemo in Civil War, perhaps?).

Or Dr. List won't be captured/killed at all, if the Avengers manage to capture Baron von Strucker he will escape (Kretschmann signed a multi-film contract with Marvel Studios to play Strucker), and Whitehall will come back to life just like Jiaying. How do you like that scenario?

Last edited:

Maybe Dr List could do this attack, he was giving order to this 5 so he must have a better ranking than them. ('And all their Hydra's soldier are still alive even whitout this 5 guys.)
And Dr List is in the episode.
Whitehall was only the Hydra leader of the region since Strucker was overseas like Ward said.

And Rumlow is still alive even if he won't be in the show, Hydra will still live after Strucker.
In the end of the Winter Soldier, like Strucker said to List, there is Hydra's base all over the world.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"