• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1 Episode 3 "The Asset" Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

They were just knives, mentioned by Hiddleston early in Thor's production. Also he stabs Thor with one in Avengers.

edit: defeated by ctsketch! :argh:

Thor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-BNpS63KI4

Avengers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PngzUEsOZZI

In one movie, he throws or wields obvious bright blue glowing vaguely dagger-shaped attacks. In the other, he uses not-glowing-at-all physical daggers. I really don't see how you are confusing the two as being alike. If they were *supposed* to be alike, the SFX people didn't do a good job of showing it.

Whedon likes to pair his characters up reasonably quickly and then break them up in ugly, ugly ways. So there's that to look forward to

Or conversely, set up a pairing that seems perfect, draw it out for a very long time and then make it extremely ugly when they finally do get together.

In one movie, he throws or wields obvious bright blue glowing vaguely dagger-shaped attacks. In the other, he uses not-glowing-at-all physical daggers. I really don't see how you are confusing the two as being alike. If they were *supposed* to be alike, the SFX people didn't do a good job of showing it.

They might be magic daggers, or it could just be the lighting in Jotunheim but they certainly aren't energy blasts.

The very Thor clip you posted shows Loki throwing a dagger that shatters a frost giants icy arm thingy. You can even hear the blade twirling through the air. @1:20

Then he outright stabs a guy with two of them. Here he is @2:30 holding one in each hand

jqIgeQu.jpg

Right after that shot he stabs the dude in the stomach, then stabs him with the other one @2:40

Then @ 3:03 immediately after Fandral gets wounded he quite clearly draws one from a sheath on his back and throws it, killing another frost giant. Again with the obvious twirling sound.

And if that isn't enough, once again I'll go to the source himself:

How did you come up with the throwing knives as Loki's weapon of choice?
We thought that Loki doesn't like to get his hands dirty in a fight. He likes to be quick, efficient and lethal. And I thought Loki should fight in a way that was as impressive as Thor's, but was completely different. Loki is too quick and Thor can't catch him. Loki's a kind of martial artist with these throwing knives. He dances his way out of combat and these knives are his way of keeping his foes at arm's length, but it's lethal. When you get one of those knives in, you're gone.

So yeah. Knives.

None of which changes that in Thor, they are clearly weapons made of blue glowing energy, as opposed to not-blue not-glowing metal. The fact that they can be used for both ranged and melee is moot.

Ok bro. I presented plenty of clear evidence to the contrary. Ranged or melee wasn't even the point but way to move those goalposts. From here on out you can feel free to argue with yourself if it makes you feel better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"