Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. - S02E09 "Ye Who Enter Here"

Intouch

Civilian
Reaction score
Declassifying Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: ...Ye Who Enter Here
The race to find the ancient city heats up in an all-new episode of 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'!
With Coulson inching closer to the answers behind the ancient city in "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," they just have to get there before Hydra in the second season's ninth episode!

Read the official synopsis below for the episode airing December 2, and keep your eyes on Marvel.com for S.H.I.E.L.D. updates. Also follow @AgentsofSHIELD on Twitter and like "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." on Facebook for all the latest news!

"...Ye Who Enter Here" - S.H.I.E.L.D. discovers the ancient city before Hydra, but uncovering the secrets may require one of Coulson's team to make the ultimate sacrifice. May and Skye race to get to Raina before Whitehall takes her on Tuesday, December 2, (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons and Nick Blood as Lance Hunter.

Guest starring are B.J. Britt as Triplett, Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse, Henry Simmons as Alphonso "Mack" Mackenzie, Ruth Negga as Raina, Patton Oswalt as Sam/Billy Koenig, Reed Diamond as Daniel Whitehall, Jeffrey Corbett as Chad, and Brittnee Garza as Cashier.

"...Ye Who Enter Here" was written by Paul Zbyszewski and directed by Billy Gierhart.

S.H.I.E.L.D. discovers the ancient city before Hydra, but uncovering the secrets may require one of Coulson's team to make the ultimate sacrifice.

So the city is on Earth.

Some thoughts:

- It is probably the case that, while SHIELD has the map, HYDRA has the key (the Obelisk).

- The brainwashed SHIELD agent that fought May (forgot her number) is named after a CB character who was something of a historical researcher (and was the one who found the Olympians, IIRC). I'm guessing she'll be responsible for the research that leads HYDRA to the city.

Agent 33 I believe, though that may be wrong as I'm pulling it from the depths of my brain.

Id be surprised if she were used again in any capacity.

Some thoughts:

- It is probably the case that, while SHIELD has the map, HYDRA has the key (the Obelisk).

- The brainwashed SHIELD agent that fought May (forgot her number) is named after a CB character who was something of a historical researcher (and was the one who found the Olympians, IIRC). I'm guessing she'll be responsible for the research that leads HYDRA to the city.

I don't think it's a key. If Whitehall/Reinhart told Carter that the aliens were here to take over the World, then the Obelisk may have been one of the weapons

I find it interesting that next episode talks about a team member making the ultimate sacrifice right while Trip's life was in danger this week. I can't imagine them pulling the same shtick next week. I wonder if the sacrifice is something like Skye rejoining with her dad.

Hey maybe before Christmas we can find out what her actual name is.

"How much creepier can Daniel Whitehall get? How much more awesomely crazy can Skye's daddy get? Who will Ward kill this week? Will Hunter and Mockingbird have more hate-sex? Find out soon, same SHIELD time, same SHIELD channel."

Did the trailer really just reveal that
May has been Agent 33 all along?!
Edit, nope looks like it's just 33 on her own.

The old fortress is Castillo de San Cristóbal in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

The old fortress is Castillo de San Cristóbal in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
I paused tonight's episode at the end, when the mapping satellite found the match, and the area of the globe that was highlighted was the Caribbean, so that makes kinda sense.

I don't think it's a key. If Whitehall/Reinhart told Carter that the aliens were here to take over the World, then the Obelisk may have been one of the weapons
They called it a key tonight. Toldja so! ;)

I paused tonight's episode at the end, when the mapping satellite found the match, and the area of the globe that was highlighted was the Caribbean, so that makes kinda sense.

I just saw the flags of the USA, Puerto Rico, and the Spanish Empire, and put two and two together.

Here's the Youtube link for the episode 9 promo, in case that works better for some people. Like me...
[YT]5S54zJSbD7o[/YT]

Did the trailer really just reveal that
May has been Agent 33 all along?!
Edit, nope looks like it's just 33 on her own.

I debated that possibility, but decided it ultimately didn't make sense.

And it really doesn't make sense, so I hope they don't go down that route.

First, we saw too much of the fight for it to be ambiguous. They weren't wearing the same clothes, so there was little opportunity to switch places. This week, May knew where a special key was she didn't have any reason to know of if she's Agent 33. Plus, although she hasn't spoken much since that episode, fake May gave herself away in a way that Coulson would realize. Given this, I don't think May should be an impostor (although, if they do make her one, I hope they have thought seriously about this and planned it this way, so they have explanations for everything).

Looks like a disfigured imposter wearing a mask in that trailer. Where are people getting the Agent 33 thing from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"