Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - S02E18 - "The Frenemy of My Enemy"

Think that although it may be plausible that Bakshi has resisted the mind control. I'd prefer it if this was part of wards plan. That he talked to 33 about.
Also don't think he cares about 33 at all. He is just using her for his own ends.

Lastly, why do people want Ward to be a comic characters? He has finally become a decent character in his own right. You don't need to shoehorn him into being taskmaster or punisher. It would lessen the characters. Build the Ward charcter and introduce the others. Then everyone is a winner. MCU is going to be around for decades. No reason to rush.

No, I don't, not every character from the show has to turn out to be a comic book one and any similarity Grant Ward may have with Taskmasker is superficial IMO - they don't even have the same real name! Same for Kara and Madame Masque.

I'm not sure where the similarities are between Ward and Taskmaster. There was some remark about "off the charts hand eye coordination" but that's it. There was no ability of Ward's to mimick other's fighting styles at all. I see more similarities between Ward and Hellfire than anything. Then again, Deathlok doesn't have the same real name either.

I'm not sure where the similarities are between Ward and Taskmaster. There was some remark about "off the charts hand eye coordination" but that's it. There was no ability of Ward's to mimick other's fighting styles at all. I see more similarities between Ward and Hellfire than anything. Then again, Deathlok doesn't have the same real name either.

Deathlok's a special case, many people went by the identity in the comics: Luther Manning, Michael Collins and now Henry Hayes. And yes, if Ward was to become any comic character Hellfire would be more like it.

I want Ward back-i've said it several times. the biggest problem i had with making him a traitor is that they kept making it harder and harder for him to come back. I feel they painted themselves(the producers) into a corner with the way they did it.

Even if they bring him back to the team-the relationships could not be the same-how could they be.

the only out would be 'brainwash' by Garrett in the sense Ward was made to respond to Garrett.

other than something like that i don't see how to make it plausible.

I want Ward back-i've said it several times. the biggest problem i had with making him a traitor is that they kept making it harder and harder for him to come back. I feel they painted themselves(the producers) into a corner with the way they did it.

Not necessarily, it wasn't that long that Skye thought of her father as a soulless monster, killer of many, wanting nothing to do with him and now she's beginning to understand him and even feeling sorry for him. I think part of Skye's journey this season is to realize that not everyone is a monster for the sake of it and underneath them there may be a lost soul that longs to be free of their inner turmoil and start anew. This is true of both Cal and Ward, and in Cal's case I think it's fair to say that he'll succeed in some level as this episode has arguably equaled her assuming "Daisy Johnson" as her name as her accepting Cal in her life and I don't think anyone here imagines her NOT taking on her 616 name.

People are assuming that they INTEND to "bring him back." And that's not at all clear.

Even if they bring him back to the team-the relationships could not be the same-how could they be.

the only out would be 'brainwash' by Garrett in the sense Ward was made to respond to Garrett.

other than something like that i don't see how to make it plausible.

he's not coming back. he's killed way to many people in cold blood for them to even think of trying to make him good again.

The mindwiping thing seems only like a bargaining tool so that Phil could get Ward to help them without B.S. on his part.

People are assuming that they INTEND to "bring him back." And that's not at all clear.

Just like people are assuming that because he wronged the team in the past they will never have him as part of the team again, and that's not at all clear either. :shrug:

In fact, I'd like to point out that there's a precedence in Whedon shows - Faith Lehane from 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' and 'Angel' wronged her friends as well and eventually got her redemption, working again with Buffy against a Big Bad in BTVS's season 7.

Last edited:
Think that although it may be plausible that Bakshi has resisted the mind control. I'd prefer it if this was part of wards plan. That he talked to 33 about.
Also don't think he cares about 33 at all. He is just using her for his own ends.

Lastly, why do people want Ward to be a comic characters? He has finally become a decent character in his own right. You don't need to shoehorn him into being taskmaster or punisher. It would lessen the characters. Build the Ward charcter and introduce the others. Then everyone is a winner. MCU is going to be around for decades. No reason to rush.

Ward ordered Bakshi to act perfectly normal to his character. I would say that Bakshi is. Until Ward again gives him an order.

most of my predictions have not turned out to be correct but why stop now-lol

33 will die.

Gonzalez is still Hydra.

like most people who gamble i'll tell you about my winnings not about my losses

Ward ordered Bakshi to act perfectly normal to his character. I would say that Bakshi is. Until Ward again gives him an order.

It's possible that SHIELD will trace Bakshi and Peterson's location to whatever Hydra base they're at so that they can launch a strike.

I think Bakshi is working for Ward all the way. Can't wait to see what his endgame is.

I'm in the middle of Watching Daredevil and thoroughly enjoying it. The show is so good I was worried how I would feel about Shield this week but man did they deliver. Next week should be over-the-top.

Got my tickets for Ultron weeks ago for the 7 pm Imax 3d showing on the 30th. I am disappointed there isn't a midnight showing. That was the cool part was being one of the people who stayed up to see it before everyone else but now they have a 7 and a 10 pm showing the night before so to me it isn't as special since anyone can stay up to see it. Obviously I'm still super excited for it though.

Very cool seeing Skye saying her name Daisy Johnson and Cal was great as always. The best line of the show had to be at the end when Coulson said 'take me to your leader'. :cec:

Great episode. I'm seeing Age Of Ultron on Friday so I was hoping there'd be some hints but no...

Ok,a little late with the review since I missed the first 15 minutes and had to wait for on demand.

Pretty good episode. Feels mostly like set up.

I kinda wish they showed Fitz using the hand dryer like Hunter suggested last week.What was that all about?:oldrazz:

Great seeing Coulson & Ward together again. I always enjoy their exchanges.Not sure I buy Coulson wanting to put Ward in the Tahiti program since:

A) Wasn't that place destroyed?

B) The doctor involved acted like he didn't want to do it to Coulson,let alone repeat the procedure.

C) "Let me die! Let me die!!!!"

I thought Skye's behavior was strangely inconsistent regarding Cal. On one hand,she doesn't want to get anywhere near him,'cause he's a semi-sane killer. (Which,yeah, I vaguely remember him killing people,but the season has been so long I forget what that was all about. But, I'll go with it. Yes. Killing-bad. Bad Cal. Bad!)

On the other hand, she seems to want to spare his feelings. ("He's not a puppy you leave on the side of the road")

But on the other hand she seems needlessly cruel. (Basically telling him to "Move on" while he didn't seem to be acting overly needy. It seemed he was legitimately trying to connect/re-connect with her on a outing she requested to be a part of.)

Seeing the gang interact with Ward was fun. I knew he'd re-join the team in some capacity this season.:woot: I think he has actual feelings for 33.

Deathlok seems a little too easy to take down,but good to see Mike in action.

So Coulson gives himself up? What's the the guy up to now?

Ok,a little late with the review since I missed the first 15 minutes and had to wait for on demand.

Pretty good episode. Feels mostly like set up.

I kinda wish they showed Fitz using the hand dryer like Hunter suggested last week.What was that all about?:oldrazz:

Great seeing Coulson & Ward together again. I always enjoy their exchanges.Not sure I buy Coulson wanting to put Ward in the Tahiti program since:

A) Wasn't that place destroyed?

B) The doctor involved acted like he didn't want to do it to Coulson,let alone repeat the procedure.

C) "Let me die! Let me die!!!!"

I thought Skye's behavior was strangely inconsistent regarding Cal. On one hand,she doesn't want to get anywhere near him,'cause he's a semi-sane killer. (Which,yeah, I vaguely remember him killing people,but the season has been so long I forget what that was all about. But, I'll go with it. Yes. Killing-bad. Bad Cal. Bad!)

On the other hand, she seems to want to spare his feelings. ("He's not a puppy you leave on the side of the road")

But on the other hand she seems needlessly cruel. (Basically telling him to "Move on" while he didn't seem to be acting overly needy. It seemed he was legitimately trying to connect/re-connect with her on a outing she requested to be a part of.)

Seeing the gang interact with Ward was fun. I knew he'd re-join the team in some capacity this season.:woot: I think he has actual feelings for 33.

Deathlok seems a little too easy to take down,but good to see Mike in action.

So Coulson gives himself up? What's the the guy up to now?

Regards Tahiti, the're not bringing Ward back from the dead just wiping his memories, and implanting new ones. They don't need to inject alien blood.

But I thought it was still the ghastly process of taking off the top of his skull and electronically re-writing his brain. Coulson acted like that was a fate worse than death,so I find it a head scratcher that he even offers that to Ward.

But I thought it was still the ghastly process of taking off the top of his skull and electronically re-writing his brain. Coulson acted like that was a fate worse than death,so I find it a head scratcher that he even offers that to Ward.

Think it's more the machine Raina was going to put Coulson in to retrieve his memories. Agent 33 has had hers wiped without an operation.

Is Skye going to eventually go by the name Daisy Johnson in the series?

Also, has Mr Hyde in the comics ever gone by the name Calvin Johnson? They could've just made "Zabo" his middle name which he used as a surname. I seem to recall seeing it said C L Johnson on his door.

He did say that he changed his name to something a bit "more sinister" while on the run, so that might either be "Zabo" or "Hyde".

He did say that he changed his name to something a bit "more sinister" while on the run, so that might either be "Zabo" or "Hyde".

Well I figured he meant Zabo, but I just wondered if he has ever used Johnson in the comics. Is there an actual father-daughter connection between Hyde and Daisy?

he's not coming back. he's killed way to many people in cold blood for them to even think of trying to make him good again.

yeah your probably right but the bloke has some bi polar thing going on and the actor pulls it off very well. That last hydra agent he took out who got the jump on coulson, shot him in the head, then with an awkward puss on his face put another 2 or 3 into his course for the hell of it just to reminded us he is a nut, then fell in to boy scout ward mode giving an evaluation of the situation to coulson but also waiting further instruction. What do you do with that, it would be a waste to redeem him but it would be a waste to put him in a box and write villain on it as well. He can't be in i agree but can't be entirely out either, its to compelling and we still don't know if he shot the dog.

small scenes with fitz again, twitching his side arm then going for it great stuff, the show is great for the small stuff with fitz.

Well I figured he meant Zabo, but I just wondered if he has ever used Johnson in the comics. Is there an actual father-daughter connection between Hyde and Daisy?

Yeah Daisy is his daughter in the comics .Her mother is a prostitute called Kim Johnson which is where the name comes from .

Changing her origin obviously meant figuring out how to get the name in .

And I guess by the time Season 3 rolls round she will be using her proper name .They made such a big deal this week of having her 'theme' playing in the background as she tried the name on .

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"