• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

iambranded

Civilian
Reaction score
ABC and Marvel have revealed the first plot synopsis and guest star listing for the upcoming 17th episode of "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." Titled "Turn, Turn, Turn" the episode is described as follows

"Coulson and his team find themselves without anyone they can trust, only to discover that they are trapped with a traitor in their midst."

The episode will feature guest stars Bill Paxton as Agent Garrett, Saffron Burrows as Victoria Hand, Christine Adams as Agent Weaver, B.J. Britt as Agent Triplett, Charles Halford as Agent Shaw, James Macdonald as Agent Jacobson, Dayo Ade as Agent Barbour, Kylie Furneaux as Agent Shade, Alex Daniels as Agent Chaimson, Braden Moran as Agent Jones, Cameron Diskin as Agent Baylin.
Written by Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen and directed by Vincent Misiano, "Turn, Turn, Turn" will air April 8. "Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." airs Tuesdays at 8 P.M. on ABC.

Kylie Furneaux? So, Sif returns in a way. Nice.

But also, isn't it a bit early for this thread? We usually don't open them before the episode before aired.

Practice of opening threads four episodes before there was not new; it has been done for Arrow.

Kylie Furneaux? So, Sif returns in a way. Nice.

But also, isn't it a bit early for this thread? We usually don't open them before the episode before aired.

I kinda thought about it also....but Capt.WS movie debuts overseas in about a week....and there's a bunch of betrayal possibilities...might as well start the speculation.

Having seen Cap 2 on Thursday and episode 16 yesterday I just wanted to come by and say....
I know who the Clairvoyant is! bwaaahhaa... can't wait till you all get to watch it and find out for yourselves.... but what a ride!!

Having seen Cap 2 on Thursday and episode 16 yesterday I just wanted to come by and say....
I know who the Clairvoyant is! bwaaahhaa... can't wait till you all get to watch it and find out for yourselves.... but what a ride!!
lol SSSSSHHHHHHH I missed that part during the Rough cuts viewing lol

I wrote a summary of the episode here yesterday and everybody was jumping down my throat claiming that person isn't really them.

I wrote a summary of the episode here yesterday and everybody was jumping down my throat claiming that person isn't really them.
I haven't caught up on all the posts here so don't know what your theory was, but I will say I haven't seen anyone else work it out until I mentioned it.. then they were all "duh! of course!" ... we'll see :)

Really? That's how you saw it? People were jumping down your throat?

You came in here claiming it to be fact. When the reality is you can't confirm that person is the clairvoyant because the way you described the episode ended with no confirmation. And the only thing you are basing it on is because music played when it happened.

You're always so hostile JC00.
Take up weed or something.

I mentioned it briefly in my post, but for full elaboration, there is a scene at the end of the episode where [blackout]Skye shows Coulson his S.H.I.E.L.D. personnel file and notes how, when Raina described Coulson's father to him, she was reading verbatim from his file. This is how Coulson realizes that all of the Clairvoyant's "psychic" info could have just been obtained by a high-level S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. At this point we can definitively say: if there is an actual Clairvoyant with actual powers, he/she has not demonstrated them in any way.

Additionally, we have already had several Clairvoyant fake-outs, including one in this very episode. It would be lazy, repetitive screenwriting for them to once again reveal that somebody else is the real Clairvoyant.

Is it possible Hand is working for the "real" Clairvoyant? Sure. But at present, the evidence suggests she is where the buck stops. Everybody else was working for her. Everything the Clairvoyant has done can be traced back to her. If Hand is HYDRA as I suspect, it would explain why she wants supersoldiers and how she was able to cover her tracks, with fellow insider agents.[/blackout]

Funny how JC00 would think to reply that being as he didn't see my post and there would be no reason to remind the community that I am on his ignore list at that particular moment.

Ignore list are such a weak thing.

Ignore list are such a weak thing.

It's actually quite useful as a reminder that the person being ignored is a giant toolbag and one should think twice before responding. It's like an extra layer of armor versus Stupid Bullets.

It doesn't erase your enemies, but it does force you to stop and reconsider before you respond to them.

I mentioned it briefly in my post, but for full elaboration, there is a scene at the end of the episode where [blackout]Skye shows Coulson his S.H.I.E.L.D. personnel file and notes how, when Raina described Coulson's father to him, she was reading verbatim from his file. This is how Coulson realizes that all of the Clairvoyant's "psychic" info could have just been obtained by a high-level S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. At this point we can definitively say: if there is an actual Clairvoyant with actual powers, he/she has not demonstrated them in any way.

Additionally, we have already had several Clairvoyant fake-outs, including one in this very episode. It would be lazy, repetitive screenwriting for them to once again reveal that somebody else is the real Clairvoyant.

Is it possible Hand is working for the "real" Clairvoyant? Sure. But at present, the evidence suggests she is where the buck stops. Everybody else was working for her. Everything the Clairvoyant has done can be traced back to her. If Hand is HYDRA as I suspect, it would explain why she wants supersoldiers and how she was able to cover her tracks, with fellow insider agents.[/blackout]

It doesn't, however, explain why she'd have an entirely contradictory motive and dialogue over the course of the season.

The Clairvoyant doesn't know about GH235, TAHITI, the robo-surgeon, or anything remotely related to Coulson's resurrection. The Clairvoyant's main motive at this point is to find all that out.

Hand, by contrast, is a Level 8 agent who has no apparent idea why Coulson seems to be so important to Nick Fury; who personally led our intrepid heroes into raids on Po, Raina, Vanchat and other Centipede/Clairvoyant assets; who gladly got Skye kicked *off* The Bus at Agent May's recommendation; and who later abandoned the whole central plotline to go back to The Hub.

If Hand was The Clairvoyant, then everything she's done in this season will have been completely self-contradictory and flat-out stupid. She'd be throwing her own people under the bus time and again (without nary a hint of betrayal from any of the assets who are, you know, in the process of getting betrayed), and she'd be removing Skye from the TAHITI equation at the same time she's trying to get her closer to the truth. Makes absolutely no sense at all.

Know what *does* make sense, based on what you've described? Victoria Hand is a HYDRA double agent who still has absolutely no idea how and why Coulson was resurrected, nor does she give a damn; since she has now been given orders from HYDRA to kill him and everyone else in his section.

It doesn't, however, explain why she'd have an entirely contradictory motive and dialogue over the course of the season.

The Clairvoyant doesn't know about GH235, TAHITI, the robo-surgeon, or anything remotely related to Coulson's resurrection. The Clairvoyant's main motive at this point is to find all that out.

Hand, by contrast, is a Level 8 agent who has no apparent idea why Coulson seems to be so important to Nick Fury; who personally led our intrepid heroes into raids on Po, Raina, Vanchat and other Centipede/Clairvoyant assets; who gladly got Skye kicked *off* The Bus at Agent May's recommendation; and who later abandoned the whole central plotline to go back to The Hub.

If Hand was The Clairvoyant, then everything she's done in this season will have been completely self-contradictory and flat-out stupid. She'd be throwing her own people under the bus time and again (without nary a hint of betrayal from any of the assets who are, you know, in the process of getting betrayed), and she'd be removing Skye from the TAHITI equation at the same time she's trying to get her closer to the truth. Makes absolutely no sense at all.

Know what *does* make sense, based on what you've described? Victoria Hand is a HYDRA double agent who still has absolutely no idea how and why Coulson was resurrected, nor does she give a damn; since she has now been given orders from HYDRA to kill him and everyone else in his section.

This sounds about right, however that leaves a very important question...

Is the Clairvoyant the Leader because that would make sense even if he isn't a high ranked SHIELD agent if Eye Spy can even recruit an MI5 agent whose to say they don't have SHIELD Agents on their roster?

Has Fury had medical checkups on all personnel since Coulson confronted his former protege's handler learning those eye implants might be in anyone?

If it were to turn out that:

Victoria Hand

was the Clairvoyant, then that would be incredibly disappointing/underwhelming. It'd be a case of "all that buildup and all that mystery and all that unnecessarily dragging out the reveal, and THAT'S IT? That's who it is, REALLY?" Like I said, it'd be a gigantic letdown.

If that theory turns out to be correct I am wrong.. but I think I'm right :cwink:

Victoria Hand was certainly focused on taking down any Centipede assets she could, didn't give a monkey about Coulson though.

If she was the Clairvoyant she wouldn't have allowed Coulson's team out of her sight even made sure they were on one of her missions before Skye could call them with news.

So no I don't think so, I'm hoping to watch the cap sequel this weekend if I'm lucky so I'm hoping this will reveal that Cap's actions is what has Hand go after Coulson and his team rather than his efforts to locate the Clairvoyant.

So anyone care to comment whether
Garrett is also a Hydra agent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back