• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
No no, they're saving a prison-hardened Hammer to lead the Thunderbolts in Phase 5!
Plus just because a device was used in IM1 doesn't mean a villain from IM2 would be the logical choice to use an updated version.
This is the MCU afterall, could be AIM, Hydra, the Serpent Society, the Leader or a number of possible beings.
Lets just hope it isn't one big disappointment :woot:

I'd love to know the history of AIM, stuff like what type of people have run it, what other sinister things they've done outside of Extremis, if there was a bigger headpiece than Killian. Maybe Cap2 will deal with them somehow and go a little deeper, or hopefully AoS will.

The way AIM was setup in IM3 seems pretty limited but they did allude to at least one significant AIM mission by including Ellen Brandt and bothering to scar up her face a bit.
As it stands she's explained as a war vet who loss a limb and joined the program in desperation or whatnot, but that could have just been a lie and her dismemberment and scarification was a result of betraying Ted Sallis when trying to retrieve his super soldier formula...

As for the future of AIM they can perhaps have someone internally picking up the pieces, grouping the scientist and really running wild with it, or even have Hydra pick them up and have them working as one of their research branches.

Still a lot of potential and all of it could be covered in AoS.
They could even have a Man-Thing episode(s) and use a flashback of Brandt/Sallis to setup the story.

I was just saying since STANE is dead, I'm betting something of that tech is around somewhere and it COULD be something that TWIT stole from Stane

The paralyzing/killing device in AOS was definitely intended as a callback to Stane in IM1, but I'm pretty sure the whole point of that is to show that Stane was part of the Centipede (and/or their handlers') organization. I strongly doubt anybody stole that tech from Stane; it's just implied to be a tool for higher-ups in the organization.

As for Hammer: I don't know why his name is coming up in this conversation. What did he have to do with Stane's lethal earpiece...?

Hammer had a ring apparently.... So there's a theory that he's part of the 10 rings along with Stane.

Besides, look at Killian in 1999 compared to NOW. There's really not that much of a difference except Hammer knows how to abuse money and aid

Eh, he was bad at personal interaction, but given what he proceeded to do, he clearly was a genius. What's more, he didn't have the "thinks he's better than he actually is" factor that hurts Hammer. For that matter, *Hammer* isn't an idiot; he just doesn't acknowledge his own limitations, and it bites him in the ass.

I still think this Clairvoyant is the real Mandarin

So, Killian. Unlikely, as Killian wouldn't need to mess around with inferior supersoldier research when he's already got Extremis.

Indeed!
Thought of someone ELSE this Clarvoyant could be with all the talk of DR Strange becoming a movie. Baron Mordo ;)

Given that the way he killed Po seemed to be technological, seems unlikely.

He means someone other than Killian, assuming the end of IM3 is retconned.

Why would a Mandarin --- *any* Mandarin --- give a crap about what's going on in AOS? :huh:

Neither Killian, nor Trevor Slattery, nor any imagined "real" Mandarin have any quarrel with SHIELD whatsoever. Nor do any of them have any need to get involved with an organization like Centipede; as pointed out above, AIM's Extremis soldiers are *much* more powerful and reliable than the Centipede mercenaries.

If there's any future for any iteration of a Mandarin, it will be strictly against Tony Stark and Stark Enterprises. And possibly the US government/military. Mandarin doesn't have a dog in any of AOS' fights.

The answer is simple: because SHIELD is an international policing force that is in the way of their ultimate goal.
That alone is sufficient motivation for any "bad guy" to have a beef with SHIELD.
Why would he get involved with an organization like Centipede?
I'll answer your question with another question: Why would he get involved with an organization like The Ten Rings? At least Centipede seems to have more advanced weaponry and organization than The Ten Rings showed in IM1... Who's to say Centipede isn't what's left over of 10 Rings, with a rebranding?

Okay lets check the time line shall we?

Iron Man 1: Stane negotiates with the Ten Rings to kill Stark, they decide to use Stark to build their own weapons and he builds the Iron Man prototype.

Stane in reply eliminates Raza before reverse engineering the remains of the prototype to build his own over sized battle suit, however he doesn't have the means to build his own miniaturised power source so he disable Stark and takes his improved mini Arc Reactor unaware that thanks to Pepper he still has the prototype he built to save his life.

Even though drastically impaired Stark manages to use his own research findings to disable Stane's suit and mostly due to Stane's habit of building larger versions of Stark's invention he's killed as well as destroying the original Stark Arc Reactor.

Iron Man 2: The guy with the whips goes after Stark but forgets to build a full body suit and is beaten even though he otherwise almost tore Stark and his briefcase armour into ribbons.

Recruited by Hammer who makes the mistake of irritating Vasko (along with everyone else) who seizes control of all of Hammer's Drones including Rhodey's armour and sends them after Iron Man before doing the dumb thing of confronting them himself and dying... (and yes that was dumb even if I can't recall Whip Lash or whatever he's called he was still a better villain than Killian!)

Iron Man 3: Still haven't watched this, but as I understand they took Iron Man's nemesis and because they couldn't change his nationality they turned into a joke as well as a decoy for Killian who perfected a new form of super soldier and because he was mad at Stark modified Pepper with Extremis thereby giving her the means to kill him the irony might actually save that movie if I ever watch it.

Now has it been confirmed if Killian is either deceased or located by SHIELD?

The Leader last heard by a prelude comic to have been imprisoned after making the mistake of threatening Fury whilst the Black Widow was present.. the fact she only shot him once making it a miracle all he did to the Leader was to get him jailed...

I wonder how would you create Modok for Agents of SHIELD?

Still I agree the Leader would make a good candidate for the Clairvoyant, but did he invent Stane's sonic device or did Hammer do something interesting for a change?

Last edited:
Now has it been confirmed if Killian is either deceased or located by SHIELD?
The general consensus is he's dead.
However,[BLACKOUT] there's no body, on account of Pepper blowing up one of Tony's small rockets on him, point blank. It's implied that the resulting explosion completed obliterated him. But, if you notice in a scene just prior to this Killian survives yet another point blank explosion, when Tony explodes a suit that Killian is wearing. Then there's also the fact that earlier in the movie one of the Extremis soldiers survives an explosion, and he is shown to regenerate the limbs and skin he'd lost[/BLACKOUT]... So yeah, there's room left to interpret that Killian could have survived.

I wonder how would you create Modok for Agents of SHIELD?

Given the amount of hype they're building up, it's probably almost too late to do it now, and make it have a meaningful impact (maybe not). The majority of the GA might just end up confused by this bizarre random new character.

But... I'd tie it in with AIM/Killian's real-time brain scanner (and maybe even with SHIELD's brain-reconstructor-bot). Scanning was just the first step. The next step is to use BCI to augment the brain's capabilities with advanced cybernetic technology -- external hard-drives, cutting-edge math processors, sensory enhancement and recording, bluetooth connectivity... Build this technology into a large helmet, and have the first (and only) test subject, a wheel-chair-bound George Tarleton (Peter Dinklage?), become painfully fused to the helmet so it can't be removed.

I'd imagine if MODOK is ever introduced he won't be the robot we're used to straight away - they'd build towards him becoming the MODOK we know.

Speculation:
Maybe Centipede were so interested in how Coulson was resurrected because their top scientist (George Tarleton?) is dying/dead and they can't afford to lose his intelligence and ideas? They want to repeat the operations that Coulson underwent. Lets presume they don't find out, though, and then are forced to try their hand with only bits and pieces. Tarleton is revived, but severely crippled and deformed, and forced to live by a life support machine, which is linked into some central network similar to those cybernetic eyes. He would then act as a controller of the various soldiers that Centipede uses. What would be an interesting angle would be to show that Centipede were never able to replace his memories, therefore he is always angry and destructive, permanently scarred - but because he is in the state he's in, he can only take it out on others.

Last edited:
Great interview with Clark Gregg about AOS. http://watch.accesshollywood.com/vi...n-marvels-agents-of-s.h.i.e.l.d/3092687969001

Mentions how the first 10 episodes or so were about setting up the day-to-day world of SHIELD and the plan is start using the Marvel universe a lot more with big arcs and superheroes and characters from the source material.

That was a great interview. Thanks for the link. What he had to say about Sif's appearance and the next episode was very interesting. I've transcribed a bit of the interview below because there's some good hints about what's to come.

• "[Sif is] very much an obedient warrior so if she comes to visit Earth you gotta suppose there's a good reason and something amiss and Asgardian that needs to be rectified."
  • Regarding T.R.A.C.K.S: "It involves...the ongoing pursuit of this mysterious Clairvoyant and the people who are working with him. And it reveals ways he's been much more involved in our lives than we realized. And it puts a member of our team at risk of leaving the show."

Note that Gregg didn't imply that someone would die, just that they might leave the show. Now we can speculate on the who and the how. :word:

So, Killian. Unlikely, as Killian wouldn't need to mess around with inferior supersoldier research when he's already got Extremis.
noooo The REAL Mandrin.
I do NOT think Killian is a match intellectually with Tony Stark AT ALL.
For that matter all he showed ME in IM3 is that he's no different than Hammer or Quinn when USING others to make money.
The REAL Mandrin would be able to think as quick as Tony in every way.

Why would a Mandarin --- *any* Mandarin --- give a crap about what's going on in AOS? :huh:

Neither Killian, nor Trevor Slattery, nor any imagined "real" Mandarin have any quarrel with SHIELD whatsoever. Nor do any of them have any need to get involved with an organization like Centipede; as pointed out above, AIM's Extremis soldiers are *much* more powerful and reliable than the Centipede mercenaries.

If there's any future for any iteration of a Mandarin, it will be strictly against Tony Stark and Stark Enterprises. And possibly the US government/military. Mandarin doesn't have a dog in any of AOS' fights.
In a way I agree with you, BUT, if the REAL Mandrin looks as bad as Trevor age and health wise, it WOULD make alot of sense on what is being tested with Centipede that Killian couldn't perfect, and to use on himself to bring him up to the threat we are USED to in the comics.

That was a great interview. Thanks for the link. What he had to say about Sif's appearance and the next episode was very interesting. I've transcribed a bit of the interview below because there's some good hints about what's to come.

• "[Sif is] very much an obedient warrior so if she comes to visit Earth you gotta suppose there's a good reason and something amiss and Asgardian that needs to be rectified."
  • Regarding T.R.A.C.K.S: "It involves...the ongoing pursuit of this mysterious Clairvoyant and the people who are working with him. And it reveals ways he's been much more involved in our lives than we realized. And it puts a member of our team at risk of leaving the show."

Note that Gregg didn't imply that someone would die, just that they might leave the show. Now we can speculate on the who and the how. :word:

'At risk of leaving the show' would suggest someone nearly dies to me, when combined with the promo showing Coulson clearly distressed over someone injured. Doesn't mean they will die though (the promo for the one where Simmons nearly died suggested someone there was gonna be at risk as well, though I thought it was gonna be Fitz from how they showed it).

Assuming no-one dies the bigger question for me is what will be the 'game changer'? Clairvoyant revealed perhaps? Some new revelation about a team member (one of them is a turncoat perhaps?), or maybe Skye's 'powers' actually do manifest? (that in theory could put her at risk of leaving the show: With a newly found 'gifted' among them Shield would likely want to prod and poke her a wee bit and Phil has to stand in their way...or something...I dont know, just throwing out some guesses.

Well the first thing to take note of is that the Clairvoyant is definitely a Male.

he only says that it puts someone AT RISK.....that happens in just about every episode anyway lol

'At risk of leaving the show' would suggest someone nearly dies to me, when combined with the promo showing Coulson clearly distressed over someone injured. Doesn't mean they will die though (the promo for the one where Simmons nearly died suggested someone there was gonna be at risk as well, though I thought it was gonna be Fitz from how they showed it).

Assuming no-one dies the bigger question for me is what will be the 'game changer'? Clairvoyant revealed perhaps? Some new revelation about a team member (one of them is a turncoat perhaps?), or maybe Skye's 'powers' actually do manifest? (that in theory could put her at risk of leaving the show: With a newly found 'gifted' among them Shield would likely want to prod and poke her a wee bit and Phil has to stand in their way...or something...I dont know, just throwing out some guesses.
oooo maybe that's what happens. Stan's character makes her flashback or something and Skye's powers (whatever they are) happen.

Well the first thing to take note of is that the Clairvoyant is definitely a Male.
I'm pretty sure the people working for the Clairvoyant knew he was a guy. I not sure which show that would have been tho. lol

noooo The REAL Mandrin.
I do NOT think Killian is a match intellectually with Tony Stark AT ALL.
For that matter all he showed ME in IM3 is that he's no different than Hammer or Quinn when USING others to make money.
The REAL Mandrin would be able to think as quick as Tony in every way.

Some people will never give up on the "Killian is the real Mandarin" thing.:oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"