• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than Skye, no one is incompetent, lol. People just seem to expect every agent to have a mission to to perfection, but that'd make good tv....

Synopsis via press release of Ep. 15 (Sif's episode) "Yes Men"

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/02/agents-of-shield-episode-115-yes-men_24.html
“Yes Men” – When Coulson and his team are attacked by Lorelei—a deadly seductress who escaped from Asgard—Thor’s Lady Sif, her longtime nemesis, steps in to try to save them, on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” TUESDAY, MARCH 11 (8:00-9:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Agent Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz and Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons.

Guest starring are Jaimie Alexander as Lady Sif; Elena Satine as Lorelei; Maximiliano Hernandez as Agent Sitwell; Dylan Bruno as Rooster; Alicia Lagano as Rosie; Allan Graf as Sheriff Rob Belushi as Jimmy.

“Yes Men” was written by Shalisha Francis and directed by John Terlesky.

Cool, thanks! This must be a typo in the original article, though: Allan Graf as Sheriff Rob Belushi as Jimmy. That doesn't make sense.
I actually noticed that as well, looks like it's just missing a semi-colon between Sheriff and Rob.

I wonder if Rob Belushi is more talented than Jim, whom I assume is his father.

I actually noticed that as well, looks like it's just missing a semi-colon between Sheriff and Rob.

Ahh, I was reading it as a Sheriff named Rob Belushi. This makes much much more sense. My brain is fried at the end of a workday.

Man I can't wait for the 15th lol

Wonder if we'll get an Armored Sif, or Sif in Earth clothing?

Wonder if we'll get an Armored Sif, or Sif in Earth clothing?

Armored!
BhCcFioCUAAfut8.jpg

If AoS was put on vacation because of the Olympics why aren't they on later tonight being that the Olympics are over?

If AoS was put on vacation because of the Olympics why aren't they on later tonight being that the Olympics are over?

Right? The blacklist started back up this week. A lot of shows did.

My guess is they skipped a week to lineup episodes with the release of CATWS

My guess is they skipped a week to lineup episodes with the release of CATWS
Possible.

Remember, we only have 9 episodes left to show with about 10-13 weeks left in the season - not counting today (this is assuming that they want the finale to fall somewhere during May sweeps, beginning of May is 10 weeks away, end of May is 13) so we're still going to have some weeks where no new episodes are shown. Especially if they want to show mostly new episodes throughout May and have the finale be closer towards the end of that month (or beginning of June) rather than the beginning May.

Last edited:
If they don't make dramatic drastic improvements for the next season I hope they just cancel the show. It pains me to say that but it simply hasn't justified its existence despite ample time to do so. Better to focus on the Netflix stuff and the films. Its simply not very good.

Oh and FYI, special guest stars will do absolutely nothing to fix whats wrong with AoS, and the ratings boosts will be minimal and temporary.

If they don't make dramatic drastic improvements for the next season I hope they just cancel the show. It pains me to say that but it simply hasn't justified its existence despite ample time to do so. Better to focus on the Netflix stuff and the films. Its simply not very good.

Oh and FYI, special guest stars will do absolutely nothing to fix whats wrong with AoS, and the ratings boosts will be minimal and temporary.
I couldn't disagree more. I don't think they need to make any drastic improvements I think the show has been fine as it is.

The ratings appear to have stabilized around the 2.1-2.2 range.... my understanding is the show does pretty well in a market that ABC has had a hard time appealing to in the past (the male demographic), it looks to do pretty well on the Live + 7 DVR ratings. And some of the people that didn't care for the show at the start have indicated that they felt the more recent episodes are an improvement.

I get that you don't care for it.... and that, of course, is your opinion which you are welcome to (and I know others share it). I will say though, I've never understood the need to actively wish cancellation on a show.

Just my opinion (and sorry if it didn't make sense - trying to get over this stupid cold and a headache is not helping things)

I don't wish it to be cancelled. I just think that the MCU would be better off jetisonning an st best mediocre product. There are things to like about the show , some cool moments, but thats not enough. Despite a very generic cast, a completely miscast ming na, and occasionally awful guest star, plus the strangely sub par production values (relative to shows like ncis), there are ways to make it better. Hope it happens.

I wonder if the
last episode reveals why Fury went to so much trouble bringing back Coulson and why Skye is so special if the last episodes connect to TWS maybe the theory that Skye is Miss America is true that would connect to TWS Captain America/Steve Rogers and Skye/Miss America !!!!!!

I don't wish it to be cancelled. I just think that the MCU would be better off jetisonning an st best mediocre product. There are things to like about the show , some cool moments, but thats not enough. Despite a very generic cast, a completely miscast ming na, and occasionally awful guest star, plus the strangely sub par production values (relative to shows like ncis), there are ways to make it better. Hope it happens.

Totally agree, all this show does is cheapen the magic of the MCU. Unless it drastically improves it'll further serve to dampen the MCU experience instead of elevating it.

Totally agree, all this show does is cheapen the magic of the MCU. Unless it drastically improves it'll further serve to dampen the MCU experience instead of elevating it.

That's only the case for people who have a stick up their ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"