Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicely Done.
I am always amazed how today's VFX can show you a completely realistic image that is not actually there at all.

AoS in SDCC-style

ClkwD5PXIAA5QZD.jpg:large

... are they really marketing Hellfire that much? or is ghostrider joining Agents of SHIELD? I mean.. it seems possible this season could get demonic/magical with strange

Definitely don't want to see Ghost Rider done on an AOS budget. Not unless we want to see a Laser Tag version of him like Deathlok.

I'm just going to assume Hellfire, absent anything to the contrary.

I just don't see them using Ghost Rider on Agents of SHIELD unless ABC intends to give the show a little more support.

Marvel needs something to boost ratings for the next season. It will be a shame if Ghost Rider is the sacrificial lamb.

Maybe Hellfire collaborates with the on-the-run Daisy or something, mirroring their partnership in the comics?

Maybe Hellfire collaborates with the on-the-run Daisy or something, mirroring their partnership in the comics?
That's my guess. Ghost Rider would be the ultimate mcguffin and waste of a character and budget. Hope they don't go the mysticism route either b/c that's not been in SHIELD's purview before.

That's my guess. Ghost Rider would be the ultimate mcguffin and waste of a character and budget. Hope they don't go the mysticism route either b/c that's not been in SHIELD's purview before.

Mysticism hasn't really been in the MCU before. Whatever "magic" has been seen has been explained away as alien tech. Since that will now change with Dr Strange, it fits that it should be introduced in the SHIELD show as well, because they do inhabit the same universe.

If you meant the books then that is not true. SHIELD has absolutely dealt with the supernatural. They've even had a team of monster agents.

My guess is Hellfire just becomes a major player this season and this season will deal with the supernatural a bit...

They may even pull a Carl Creel and tie some of Hellfires origin into that which would be Ghostrider's on netflix

If we're continuing with the Secret Warriors they're also definitely going to have Sebastian Druid in there somewhere around the time Doctor Strange comes out.

If we're continuing with the Secret Warriors they're also definitely going to have Sebastian Druid in there somewhere around the time Doctor Strange comes out.

Have they done ANY secret warriors? I mean really done Secret Warriors.... I don't think so

I think they have. The big Secret Warriors plot is Hydra infiltrating SHIELD. Then there's the idea of a team member betraying them (Grant Ward instead of J.T. James/Hellfire). They've adapted both Kraken and Hive. They probably can't do Gorgon because he's so closely associated with Wolverine (I could be wrong there) and they can't really do Strucker because Strucker's already gone. Leviathan is in Agent Carter, so I suspect they wouldn't bother with that.

They've incorporated three of the Secret Warriors and referenced a fourth.

I think they have. The big Secret Warriors plot is Hydra infiltrating SHIELD. Then there's the idea of a team member betraying them (Grant Ward instead of J.T. James/Hellfire). They've adapted both Kraken and Hive. They probably can't do Gorgon because he's so closely associated with Wolverine (I could be wrong there) and they can't really do Strucker because Strucker's already gone. Leviathan is in Agent Carter, so I suspect they wouldn't bother with that.

I stand corrected

And hell, the bond between Coulson and Skye/Daisy is pretty much what we got in Secret Warriors (the comic) with Nick Fury Sr. and Daisy. (With Coulson subbing for Fury, obviously)

Got to be Hellfire surely? Would be a waste using GR here.

Yeah.
I can't see Marvel Studios permitting the t.v. division to use GR, and they do have final say.

Not only could they not do the character justice visually, but they'd otherwise waste him like they do everyone else.

If only we saw a burning chain somewhere before? It would make this speculation a lot easier.

Oh wait.

Emancipation_Hellfire_Chain.png

So it's definitely not Ghost Rider. Though I like the idea of AoS taking on supernatural elements. Shake things up.

I think with carter not coming back and leviathan not really being defeated they might use them as it would be great connectivity between the shows.

It's possible, although my hope is to go with AIM as a villain (beekeeper suits and all). They can go from Secret Warriors to a bit of Secret Avengers. Nick Spencer's run, in particular, would be fun to draw from.

... are they really marketing Hellfire that much? or is ghostrider joining Agents of SHIELD? I mean.. it seems possible this season could get demonic/magical with strange

I very much doubt they're bringing Ghost Rider into Agents of SHIELD given that:

1. Ghost Rider is one of the most iconic Marvel superheroes and therefore big enough to have his own movie or Netflix series.

2. There's already a character with a chain of fire in Agents of SHIELD - Hellfire.

3. It wouldn't really fit in with the tone of Agents of SHIELD.

I very much doubt they're bringing Ghost Rider into Agents of SHIELD given that:

1. Ghost Rider is one of the most iconic Marvel superheroes and therefore big enough to have his own movie or Netflix series.

2. There's already a character with a chain of fire in Agents of SHIELD - Hellfire.

3. It wouldn't really fit in with the tone of Agents of SHIELD.

i doubt it as well. but i wouldn't be shocked if they fill out some of the Zarthos origin with the original ghost rider carter slade with his tie-ins to Hellfire... and then thats one less thing they have to explain for the Ghostrider netflix series with ketch/blaze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"