Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrigen doesn't transform people, it transforms Inhumans. Merely eating Terrigen-fish alone isn't enough.

There's a debate whether Lockjaw is a dog that went through Terrigenesis or an Inhuman who transformed into a dog due to Terrigenesis. However, even if it's the former, it would be a specially modified dog, not any animal.
I can't believe the Kree didn't have animals. You would think they would use animals for certain Military plans.
Besides, I was trying to come up with an explainable reason how to bring Zabu into the MCU :D

Couldn't AIDA come back for Season 5, since Fitz probably has her coding saved somewhere.
Even if there is early coding for AIDA still sitting around somewhere, I don't see Fitz ever having the desire to restore it... not after everything AIDA did to them...did to him.

I can't believe the Kree didn't have animals. You would think they would use animals for certain Military plans.
Besides, I was trying to come up with an explainable reason how to bring Zabu into the MCU :D

He's a Sabertooth Tiger from a place with Dinosaurs. Adding Terrigen makes it more complicated, not less.

Even if there is early coding for AIDA still sitting around somewhere, I don't see Fitz ever having the desire to restore it... not after everything AIDA did to them...did to him.

If he does, he'll probably erase the hard-drives with a magnet and incinerate them, just to be sure.

He's a Sabertooth Tiger from a place with Dinosaurs. Adding Terrigen makes it more complicated, not less.
who said it would have been EASY? I just said it was a WAY to bring Zabu into the MCU

Sure, but another way to introduce him is to say he's a Sabertooth Tiger.

Nice to see a diviner and some terrigen crystals from the show on the new GotG ride in Disneyland. At least someone knows that this show exists.

Who should be cast as Mephisto since we know that's who we're getting next season?

How do we know that's who we're getting?

We don't. In fact, recent information suggests he's fully owned by FOX, unfortunately. (He is listed among all of the FF characters that cannot be used for Marvel sketch cards)

Sony used him, but even so instead of Mephisto, just call him Mephistofles like in Faust. Prob solved.

Do any of the Marvel characters show up in this series? Is it worth the watch??

None of the main film superheroes show up. You do get Samuel L Jackson popping up once or twice. Sif shows up a couple times, and references are made regarding the events of the Earth based films.

They have adapted some comic characters to the series (Quake, Deathlok, Victoria Hand, Glenn Talbot, along with others)

IMO, if you enjoyed Coulson in the Phase 1 films, give it a shot. Some find season 1 a bit slow at first, but it picks up as it starts to approach the events of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and this past season (season 4) has been really REALLY good. That is, of course, just my personal opinion :)

None of the main film superheroes show up. You do get Samuel L Jackson popping up once or twice. Sif shows up a couple times, and references are made regarding the events of the Earth based films.

They have adapted some comic characters to the series (Quake, Deathlok, Victoria Hand, Glenn Talbot, along with others)

IMO, if you enjoyed Coulson in the Phase 1 films, give it a shot. Some find season 1 a bit slow at first, but it picks up as it starts to approach the events of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and this past season (season 4) has been really REALLY good. That is, of course, just my personal opinion :)

Yes, it start's out pretty formulaic and bland. Once Winter Soldier events happen it gets a really interesting, more focused, with a clear direction. If you get past season 1 and still like it keep watching cause it keeps getting better. It's one of those shows that has some mediocre storylines/character/etc, but when it's good, it's really freaking good.

Don't expect much crossover with the films. Which is actually a strength since most of them can be pretty weak. The show's usually strongest when standing on it's own.

And there is a ton of comic character but mostly obscure B/C/D-listers with a few A-listers sprinkled in. And also a bunch of comic lore that probably wouldn't have appeared in the films otherwise. So if you're a huge Marvel fan boy it's a treat to spot them.

Give it a shot, if anything the first episode is a fun time.

Maria Hill too.

Also there's one character in season 1 who seems really bland to begin with but...

well I can't really say more, but there's a reason for that.

1. None of any major consequence to the films outside of Maria Hill and Nick Fury and they aren't really in it for more than a few minutes at best. Also Sif for like two episodes.

2. No. I wanted to like this show as I liked Phil from Phase 1 and thought there was a lot of potential in a SHIELD show. However... the show has never been good. It's was not a case of it took some to get going. No... This has been a slackly written mess from the start. The only thing it's got over the other network super hero based shows is it's production values, and even then, they've gotten chintzier as the seasons have progressed though as with most things these days, the CGI can be spectacular at times considering it's TV. Still, it's not worth your time.

Do any of the Marvel characters show up in this series?

By Marvel characters, do you mean Marvel Cinematic Universe characters or Marvel characters? Because there are certainly quite a few of the latter. The former is limited to secondary characters, with Nick Fury, Maria Hill, and Lady Sif being the most prominent.

The latest season is easily the best season of superhero TV over the past 12 months in my opinion. Only Legion came close I thought.

Peggy Carter, Dum Dum Dugan, Matthew Ellis, Nick Fury, Maria Hill, List, Gideon Malick, Jim Morita, Lady Sif, Agent Sitwell, Howard Stark, Vanko and Arnim Zola make appearances from the movies.

As others have said, it's only been supporting characters from the cinematic universe to date. Sif, Fury, Hill, Peggy Carter, Jasper Sitwell...

There are however direct story threads that go from between small screen and big screen. My favourite being Agents of SHIELD having an episode with Sitwell on April 1st, having him delivered safely to the ship that he was on at the beginning of Winter Soldier (released April 4th) and then immediate ramifications on Agents of SHIELD from the aftermath of cap2 on April 8th.

That kind of call and answer actions between a movie and TV series in unprecedented and payed off in immensely for people who had just watched Winter Soldier.

I say now that the LMD's are out there, bring on Jim Hammond. At LEAST have ONE of the Invaders on Shield if we're never going to see the MCU characters on AoS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"