Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
No! I'm counting on him to be the substitute Pete Wisdom snarky ******* who runs STRYKE with woobie superpeople and alien Beatle cosplayers!

I want that too! But I could also totally see them pulling a switcheroo and make Mockingbird the one who runs STRYKE (if that is even developed in the show.)

some annoying people on facebook are swearing that Gemma and Tripp will be the MCU version of Cloak and Dagger....

Now this is silly of course, but I wouldn't mind pictures of Elizabeth trying on Dagger's costume :o

Thats not true .It was changing in SOS before any Inhuman was near it .There is no evidence that any of the faux Hellfire Club were aliens and they even managed to McGuyver it to open when they wanted

Randolph reckoned it was reacting to tidal or atmospheric things at the other end of the portal

Like I said the trick with that is we don't know who has the dormant Inhuman genes or not. :sly:

Either way , I never said it was a for sure theory , you guys are taking my posts too literally.

If we don't know who has the dormant genes then how would people from the flashback know who has them?

There is no such thing as a "for sure theory". Gravity is just a theory and has been challenged time and time again only to be proven correct. If your theory was sound then it would hold up to scrutiny. Theories are made to be challenged, don't get all touchy about it. Adjust your theory to incorporate new facts and move forward.

How exactly am I the one getting touchy about it? You're the one making accusations lol

Also, we don't know who the Hellfire Club wannabes are , for all we know they're the early beginnings of the dormant Inhuman contingent who realized they were special in some way, that scene is so vague in nature that it's hilarious you're even trying to perpetrate my own ideas as some misconstrued nonsense when you're just as in the dark about their origins and intentions as me. *shrugs*

Last edited:
Accusations? Of what? You getting defensive about people poking holes in your theory? That's the point of theories; to be tested. Chill, it's nothing personal.

You're right that we don't know who those folks were but we also don't know if they have any ties to Inhumans. They were in possession of the obelisk and used it in some ritualistic sacrifice, but that's all we know of them. Until there is more evidence it is safer to assume they are not Inhuman but if you want to continue to insist they are then so be it.

You theory is that the obelisk only responds when in the presence of Inhumans, is that correct? The obelisk ate Jemma when she was alone. Jemma is not Inhuman, unless you are assuming Jemma is Inhuman which is a giant leap to take at this time. The evidence doesn't support your theory.

Accusations? Of what? You getting defensive about people poking holes in your theory? That's the point of theories; to be tested. Chill, it's nothing personal.

You're right that we don't know who those folks were but we also don't know if they have any ties to Inhumans. They were in possession of the obelisk and used it in some ritualistic sacrifice, but that's all we know of them. Until there is more evidence it is safer to assume they are not Inhuman but if you want to continue to insist they are then so be it.

You theory is that the obelisk only responds when in the presence of Inhumans, is that correct? The obelisk ate Jemma when she was alone. Jemma is not Inhuman, unless you are assuming Jemma is Inhuman which is a giant leap to take at this time. The evidence doesn't support your theory.[/QUOTE]

And as I pointed out ,in the Season 2 finale it went liquid in a room full of normal SHIELD agents when there were no Inhumans about

a little theory here...

in the comics, Lash was from Orollan, a minor city like afterlife...

so, in episode 4, "the demons we know", Lash will return... and so will alisha... alisha, the one from afterlife...
so... could lash be from afterlife ?!

I remember that only the worthy in the afterlife could go throught the mist...
in the comics lash hunts the ones he thinks are not worthy of their powers...

now that the mist is uncontrolably released, everyone around the world can transform...
even the ones who are not worthy...

maybe lash was sent by the afterlife people to hunt the unworthy ones

Afterlife's destroyed, it was built to work around Gordon as the only means of transportation and he's dead. With every single civilian there having been transported by Gordon to their homes around the world prior to the carrier battle the community's pretty much a ghost town, so Lash's most definitely not working for Afterlife.

Afterlife's destroyed, it was built to work around Gordon as the only means of transportation and he's dead. With every single civilian there having been transported by Gordon to their homes around the world prior to the carrier battle the community's pretty much a ghost town, so Lash's most definitely not working for Afterlife.

oh yeah... forgot that...

well... maybe orollan ?!

I would love to see orollan on the MCU...

You theory is that the obelisk only responds when in the presence of Inhumans, is that correct? The obelisk ate Jemma when she was alone. Jemma is not Inhuman, unless you are assuming Jemma is Inhuman which is a giant leap to take at this time. The evidence doesn't support your theory.

That's the key word sweetie, theory.

The evidence highly supports my theory if you acknowledge that we literally don't know who has dormant Inhuman genes or not. The fact the Monolith was described as a weapon that's hazardous to the Inhumans also supports it. But again it's just a theory.

As it pertains to accusations, you said I'm getting touchy when just to keep it real I wasn't even talking to you in the first place.

And as I pointed out ,in the Season 2 finale it went liquid in a room full of normal SHIELD agents when there were no Inhumans about

As you so generously ignored , we don't know who has dormant Inhuman gene unless they go through the terrigenesis. :sly:

God bless. :gngl:

Last edited:
That's the key word sweetie, theory.

Your theory sucks, hun.

The evidence highly supports my theory if you acknowledge that we literally don't know who has dormant Inhuman genes or not. The fact the Monolith was described as a weapon that's hazardous to the Inhumans also supports it. But again it's just a theory.

The obelisk seems hazardous to everyone.

As it pertains to accusations, you said I'm getting touchy when just to keep it real I wasn't even talking to you in the first place.

You're talking with everyone. This is not a place to have private conversations.

I do acknowledge that we don't know who has the gene, but your theory implies that Jemma is an Inhuman as she was the only one in the room when it grabbed her. While we don't know if she is or not, the safe bet is that she is not.

The folks doing the sacrifices, they loaded the dude up with weapons and they showed no uses of powers or anything. They could have been dormant Inhumans but how did they know they were Inhuman? That's a big, unnecessary assumption to assume they're all Inhuman. Why can't they just be people, the regular kind, like Jemma?

You claim the obelisk only responds when Inhumans are near it, right? Am I understanding your theory correctly? Then why was there a machine needed to make it react? Why did Daisy have to use her powers on it after the machine broke? Why was that room made into a sub-woofer if the obelisk only responds to Inhumans within a certain proximity? The easy answer is that there is something going on at the other end that causes the obelisk to respond, as the show told us. The easy answer was provided in the show. It has nothing to do with it's proximity to Inhumans. You're making this harder than it has to be.

As you so generously ignored , we don't know who has dormant Inhuman gene unless they go through the terrigenesis. :sly:

The Inhumans in Afterlife knew who carried the dormant gene otherwise they wouldn't have had so many folks with dormant genes hanging around "preparing for transformation."

I don't expect there will be any more information on the obelisk seeing how it is a pile of rocks now. That means all the information about the obelisk was provided in the episode. For your theory to work you need to make some very large assumptions or you can go with the answer the episode provided.

That's all I will say because you weren't talking to me anyway :whatever:

I was not looking forward to the 'Ward rebuilds Hydra' angle at all. It just didn't feel like something Ward would do. But doing it via a proxy while keeping himself out of the direct spotlight is exactly the sort of way NuWard would handle it. I am finally onboard with this direction.

I think Ward is doing it not because he gives a crap about HYDRA, but because they can give him the power and numbers to take on SHIELD, he's going to manipulate Von Strucker's kid like a puppet master to get what he wants.

They're making such a deal out of her recovery time it's bound to happen. I'm afraid it will cost us Hunter tho :(
Bobbi needs a Rocky training montage! :D I can take or leave Hunter but they better not kill of May! :mad:

Exactly. That's how they presented it and it didn't feel right.

Why not? Ward never cared about Hydra. He implied so to Garrett. Hydra was Garrett's thing.

Oddly, Ward building up Hydra to take on SHIELD when he doesn't care at all reminds of Hunter's attitude toward SHIELD and using it to go after Ward and Hydra.

FWIW, Ward always wanted a place to belong. Season 1 he was just loyal to Garrett. Season 2 started with him (who knows, probably not sincerely) trying to make amends and go back to SHIELD and ended with him trying to be a mentor to Agent 33. In all those cases, he failed at finding a family. I don't think he has any loyalty to the motivations of Hydra, but I can see him wanting to rebuild Hydra because it's the only thing he knows and has left that he can belong to. That's why this plotline doesn't bother me.

unless you are assuming Jemma is Inhuman which is a giant leap to take at this time. The evidence doesn't support your theory.

It wouldn't surprise me if Jenna is InHuman based off the NYCC panel. One question asked was who would surprise Coulson to be an InHuman or if anyone else on the team might be. Loeb did not want to answer that, he just said "we'll see" which seemed more like a "yeah but of course we're not gonna tell you now".

I hope Patton Oswalt returns this season, perhaps as yet even another Koenig brother. Jimmy Koenig has a nice ring to it.

I'll take or leave Christine Adams returning as Weaver this season, although she did look good appearing on Castle this past week (probably because her hair was down).

the obelisk responded possibly to someone at the start of s3e2 when the rest came into the room after fitz had been there for some time with no response. skye/daisy was in the room. It is not a crazy theory.

Civil War tie-in with Koenigs on opposite sides. :D

So the guy who played Joey in the Season Premiere is in the Netflix series Narcos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"