Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 10

I think it would be hard to get an audience to care about a world with such low stakes. You'd have maybe a handful of main protagonists who could die, and then everyone else is basically just an NPC.
While I don't think such as spinoff is likely, I think based on what we've seen that the rest of the characters in the Framework are probably people, not NPC - or at least all of the characters who interact with the main characters enough to exhibit complex human behavior, and that's a lot of characters.

The main characters could come to the conclusion that the others were after all not NPC, but people who live in a simulation.

So a few months ago I posted that I was going to give this show a chance by catching up on Netflix. Well I've finally finished seasons 1-4 and I have to say that I love this show. The beginning of season 1 was rough to get threw but made it threw and the season got really good. As of right now I can say I put this above the CW shows (which I still like).season 4 was ace and I'm looking forward to the shows return in January so I can't wait to watch it right along with you guys.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you like it. Pretty much everyone who powers through the first half of season 1 ends up being a convert. I'd argue that the slow start to season 1 helped flesh everyone out to make us care about the Hydra twist but since I almost quit after episode 3 I can understand the frustration.

At a minimum, little things like SHIELD procedure, calling things an 084, the prisons and procedure for destroying items, etc. all matter more because of those early episodes, but that doesn't mean they couldn't have been handled better.

It took some time for the show to catch for me, but I've given it a good chance and now I'm hooked. I'm almost done with Season 2 and it's quite a lot of fun.

Man, I can't wait for Season FIVE.

So a few months ago I posted that I was going to give this show a chance by catching up on Netflix. Well I've finally finished seasons 1-4 and I have to say that I love this show. The beginning of season 1 was rough to get threw but made it threw and the season got really good. As of right now I can say I put this above the CW shows (which I still like).season 4 was ace and I'm looking forward to the shows return in January so I can't wait to watch it right along with you guys.

It took some time for the show to catch for me, but I've given it a good chance and now I'm hooked. I'm almost done with Season 2 and it's quite a lot of fun.
We kept telling people the show did get better and to TRY to get through the rough spots, because it was worth it.
I just wish the Movies weren't ignoring the show :(

On episode 6 of Season 4. All this Ghost Rider stuff is phenomenal. I was against GR being Reyes instead of Blaze, but after seeing what they did with him I am really a fan of the Robby Reyes Rider.

Anyone know if Season 5 will have more Ghost Rider or if they'll give Ghost Rider a spin off?

Also, I'm so sick of the TV and Movie worlds being separate. We got Thanos coming in and you're telling me that Hawkeye, Black Widow and Falcon are more useful than Ghost Rider, Quake, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones or Iron Fist? Come on Marvel. Play nice with each other dammit!

Yeah, there's no reason Ghost Rider shouldn't be involved in the fight with Thanos. He would be one of the most powerful beings. All of those you mentioned would really help things.

I just wish Marvel's live action divisions would play nice. Avengers with no Shield is aggravating. Knowing Daredevil and Spider-Man won't share screen time is annoying.

SHIELD is all but dead in the film world anyway unless someone wants to come in and contradict the universe changing events of Winter Soldier.

CUT: Okay, well, sure, you've got Fury and that extra Helicarrier that we saw in Age of Ultron, but even now, the greater MCU has moved well beyond SHIELD and is going more cosmic. What good would SHIELD do them at this point?

Last edited:
Yeah, there's no reason Ghost Rider shouldn't be involved in the fight with Thanos. He would be one of the most powerful beings. All of those you mentioned would really help things.
We don't know how the plot line for IW will play out, if it can even logically include a sequence where they go and recruit an army or if everyone is just flying by the seat of their pants. The Russos won't throw in every single character just for the sake of throwing in more characters. They already have a couple dozen characters and need to have a reason beyond fan service to include more that will need an re-introduction for a movie audience. When adding or introducing a character they're gonna think "how does this character effect the story, how does it effect other character's development, what do they contribute beyond just 'wouldn't it be cool', is this too much work for the potential payoff?" Story first. That's one of the main reasons the MCU has worked out so well on other companies' attempt have fallen flat. Crossover is just a gimmick, not the substance.

Not to mention the IW script was most likely finished before Season 4 premiered and pre-production on IW began like a third of the through AoS run, probably before the finale was even written. Kind of hard to include a character in a major film when you're not entirely sure what's being done with him.

You can also say he's just not in the right circle of friends to get called upon.
SHIELD is all but dead in the film world anyway unless someone wants to come in and contradict the universe changing events of Winter Soldier.

CUT: Okay, well, sure, you've got Fury and that extra Helicarrier that we saw in Age of Ultron, but even now, the greater MCU has moved well beyond SHIELD and is going more cosmic. What good would SHIELD do them at this point?

Something else to remember is, has there been any need to reference AoS besides fan service? Since winter soldier SHIELD has operated as covertly and completely unofficial. Guardians take place in space, Ant-man does reference Hydra still being around, just not what they were which lines up with Ward's attempt to rebuild it, CW has no need to since the focus of the story is dealing recognized law enforcement not unofficial ones (Also you can't bring up how Inhumans are treated by the Accords in CW because they were halfway through filming CW before the writers even started work on AoS Season 3, with Doctor Strange again no reason to bring them up since it doesn't impact the story. Even the latest with Spider-man Homecoming you could say [BLACKOUT]When the FBI shows up would be perfect to have SHIELD instead, except according to the timeline SHIELD was still unofficial for several more months after the events of CW and would go against the fact that Tony is trying to keep Avengers on the right side of the law(whole point of civil war) if he didn't contact a legitimate law enforcement agency with proper jurisdiction.[/BLACKOUT]

We don't know how the plot line for IW will play out, if it can even logically include a sequence where they go and recruit an army or if everyone is just flying by the seat of their pants. The Russos won't throw in every single character just for the sake of throwing in more characters. They already have a couple dozen characters and need to have a reason beyond fan service to include more that will need an re-introduction for a movie audience. When adding or introducing a character they're gonna think "how does this character effect the story, how does it effect other character's development, what do they contribute beyond just 'wouldn't it be cool', is this too much work for the potential payoff?" Story first. That's one of the main reasons the MCU has worked out so well on other companies' attempt have fallen flat. Crossover is just a gimmick, not the substance.

Not to mention the IW script was most likely finished before Season 4 premiered and pre-production on IW began like a third of the through AoS run, probably before the finale was even written. Kind of hard to include a character in a major film when you're not entirely sure what's being done with him.

You can also say he's just not in the right circle of friends to get called upon.

Well isn't that exactly what the Russos did with Spider-Man in Civil War? What did he really contribute to the story other than "wouldn't this be cool"? He was essentially a gimmick. The story could've worked just as well without him.

Well isn't that exactly what the Russos did with Spider-Man in Civil War? What did he really contribute to the story other than "wouldn't this be cool"? He was essentially a gimmick. The story could've worked just as well without him.

Actually I think he played really well exploring Tony's outlook on being Iron Man, exploring a little deeper with his inability to quit as it was first pointer out when Tony saw he and Pepper were taking a break. Also his humor help naturally bring some more levity to the scenes and unique set of action to create an even more dynamic fight scene. And Spidey fits in much more naturally into the themes of the film than say ghost rider would. There is more to him being there

Also he was one of three new main characters introduced the film (the others being Black Panther and Zemo) IW is already up to 4 new characters to be explored with Thanos and the black order while including Avengers, Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy that brings us to about 30 characters to juggle in the main story(as oppose to CW's 10) and I'm sure that there will be ever more new ones introduced. Trying to keep this film from being too crowded is already a monumental undertaking and it's kind unfair to expect them to add even more and still get a solid well flowing movie out of it.

They're not just picking character who are "powerful" but have some relevance to the characters and story. Falcon, Balck Widow, Hawkeye have relevance to the Avengers (it is an Avengers movie after all) Ghost Rider has not had that connection established yet. That's why they are there. It's Avengers and Guardian vs Thanos, not only Marvel's top tier vs Thanos.

I am still hopeful that season 5 will have some substantial, albeit tangential, ties to Infinity War and it seems like that may be the way they are headed
with Coulson, and presumably the rest of the crew in space.

Also, Ghost Rider may not have a direct connection to the Avengers but I'm assuming that Strange is aware of him. My interpretation is that GR was
taking the Darkhold to Wong in Kamar-Taj at the end of Season 4.

Of all the TV characters Ghost Rider belongs in the movies most of all. I'd love to see him in Doctor Strange 2.

I just finished Season 4. AIDA was annoying. Doctor Radcliffe was annoying. I actually didn't mind all the Agents of Hydra crap, but the highlight of the season was absolutely Ghost Rider and I think that not having it be the sole focus of the season and bumbling back into Shield vs Hydra in any respect is boring.

Of all the TV characters Ghost Rider belongs in the movies most of all. I'd love to see him in Doctor Strange 2.

I just finished Season 4. AIDA was annoying. Doctor Radcliffe was annoying. I actually didn't mind all the Agents of Hydra crap, but the highlight of the season was absolutely Ghost Rider and I think that not having it be the sole focus of the season and bumbling back into Shield vs Hydra in any respect is boring.
You did hear Marvel's considering using the Framework as a What-If type story like once a year right?

Season One Episode 17 was the big gamechanger for me and I think for a lot of us too.

In case anyone missed the news there will be a crossover episode with inhumans, very cool.

Crossover episode? I didn't see anything saying there would be a crossover episode, just that there would be a connection.

You did hear Marvel's considering using the Framework as a What-If type story like once a year right?

The What-If stuff can be cool. I just want them to move past Hydra. They're done. Let's figure something else out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"