Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 10

So... I really don't like these characters. I think living Coulson is one of the biggest reasons the TV and movie narratives are at such a distance, I think he's a poor choice of lead and he's nothing like the guy I loved from the shorts, I think Skye was overcooked, and Fitzsimmons undercooked and incredibly redundant, May is too easy to make boring and Ward was only being interesting because he was nothing like what he was originally thought, which is incidentally when Daisy started getting better too. I've spoken about how the show was entirely misguided in becoming a spiritual successor to Firefly instead of next-gen X-Files/Fringe like it should have been...

But...

Agents of SHIELD Season 4 was some of the very best plotting in a 20+ episode genre show I have ever seen. This year I'm binging my superhero shows on Netflix and I honestly wish I had saved this for last now, because it's making the plotting of the others feel absolutely abysmal. They absolutely exhausted Ghost Rider, The Darkhold, Aida, Radcliffe, LMDs and the Framework, without going past that to exhaust the audience with them, and then brought it all together for a great finale that was Hell, and Inhumans and AI all at once, without really betraying any of them. As a villain, Aida actually brought a really cool angle to the AI gone bad, that of a spurned lover, and in the process she became a more fearsome, dangerous and compelling killer robot than the MCU's Ultron. I am impressed.

Still have a love/hate with this show, but man... I gotta show respect where it's due.

I'm happy ABC let AoS breath long enough to get us to Season 4. It was really great considering what came before.

Jeff Ward Set To Recur In Season 5
We’ve learned that Jeff Ward (Manson’s Lost Girls) has been tapped for a key recurring role in the upcoming fifth season of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Details of the mystery character are not known, so stay tuned, but we hear it is a major multi-episode arc.
nNXQKJkkCUvxkzVXtFmS8gM6ifF.jpg

He'll probably be a character made exclusively for the show, which is something Marvel TV is great at.

He'll probably be a character made exclusively for the show, which is something Marvel TV is great at.

I literally can't think of many examples of Marvel doing this outside of the main characters on AoS. So I'd say that is way off base.

Anyone else hope that Deathlok or Mockingbird return?

Anyone else hope that Deathlok or Mockingbird return?

I'm hoping that this season hues very close to Infinity War. The team's time in space has something to do with the threat of Thanos, if somewhat tangentially, and that as the season goes on and they find their way back to Earth, they are dealing with a portion of that threat. When they finally make it back, they are met by Fury along with Deathlok, who ends up assisting with their portion of the battle.

Good News.... Hunter was a cool character. Damn shame he & Bobbi were ****ed over with the Most Wanted idea...

Good News.... Hunter was a cool character. Damn shame he & Bobbi were ****ed over with the Most Wanted idea...

Still waiting for that series to air. :o

Really liking Lance Hunter returning. Hope this means that Mockingbird and Deathlok will also rejoin (and Deathlok gets a new, better costume).

Really liking Lance Hunter returning. Hope this means that Mockingbird and Deathlok will also rejoin (and Deathlok gets a new, better costume).

Isn't Adrianne Palicki on that dumb show that mocks Star Trek? Ortenville or something??? Until that show fails, I don't think we'll see Mockingbird back. Pray that the show tanks.

FWIW, Deathlok had a pretty great redesign in his only appearance in season 2. That said I'd definitely like to see Deathlok and Mockingbird return, maybe alongside Fury, Hill, and Sharon Carter.

Isn't Adrianne Palicki on that dumb show that mocks Star Trek? Ortenville or something??? Until that show fails, I don't think we'll see Mockingbird back. Pray that the show tanks.

Yep, she's on that show....maybe she will show up on AoS about half way through the season after ORVILLE is cancelled.

They broke up/split up/one was captured/Dead.... or we're being played and she's returning as well

They broke up/split up/one was captured/Dead.... or we're being played and she's returning as well

Last I saw, they were still together, but were disavowed as agents.

Last I saw, they were still together, but were disavowed as agents.

Yeah, that was for the 'Most Wanted' show that never happened... but I was just theorising how one could return without the other...

Clark Gregg will direct S05E06 of the series!

x7RXKbAr7zk.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"