All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 25

Welcome to thread No 25:

giphy.gif

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/07/13/wonder-woman-cinematographer-on-what-sets-the-film-apart-from-its-peers/#a3bc7e73401e

Mendelson: How much were you involved in terms of framing for 3D or framing for IMAX, or making the film with the knowledge that it was going to be seen in a number of different formats beyond just a conventional ... I guess now what would be a DLP, 2D image? Was that something that ...

Jensen: Yeah. To be honest, we only really considered the 2D version in terms of our framing choices, because basically that is how most people are going to see it if it has a long life. Those are the versions you're going to see the most. We didn't really consider 3D necessarily other than to make good looking images with a lot of depth that would translate to 3D easily. Honestly, we really stuck to one format. It's hard to consider all these other formats that crop up.

One of the last additions late was that they were going to make 70-millimeter prints, and I was very nervous, but the prints ended up looking great. We even had Christopher Nolan come in to inspect them, and Chris said that he thought the movie was beautiful. I gotta say, that was one of the highlights of the whole process.

Just wondering. Has the movie inspired you to read some WW comics? I was at Barnes and Noble the other day and picked up Vol 1 and 2 of Rebirth, as well as Trinity and WW Annual. I absolutely loved Year One. Diana had an Innocence about her that I loved as well as her wonder as she explored man's world.

wonderwoman2_18085794_8col.jpg

RebirthYearOne.jpg

Last edited:
Just wondering. Has the movie inspired you to read some WW comics? I was at Barnes and Noble the other day and picked up Vol 1 and 2 of Rebirth, as well as Trinity and WW Annual. I absolutely loved Year One. Diana had an Innocence about her that I loved as well as her wonder as she explored man's world.

Cool. I liked Diana in Year One as well.

I recently re-read Eyes of the Gorgon and Land of the Dead, where WW battles Medusa and then travels to Hades.

I also re-read some of Azzarello's New 52 story, which is pretty wacky and unique.

tumblr_lxn8v2nYyT1qkchcvo3_r1_500.jpg

Land of the Dead

wonderwoman2_18085794_8col.jpg

RebirthYearOne.jpg

I bought some of them. Haven't read them yet though.

I don't know if i post this news here is a right thing, but consider it still a Wonder Woman related, i will share this news to all friends in this board, some of it will be a personal share and i apologize beforehand for that, and i will appreciate if it will be read until the end.

Wonder Woman will be open show here on August 25th, and just a few days ago Gal Gadot and director Patty Jenkins has came to Japan to promote the movie and at the same time, i heard the news that my favorite idol group, Nogizaka 46 has been chosen as "Japan official Ambassador for Wonder Woman" which is very surprised me as a super Nogizaka 46 fan.

Not only Nogizaka 46 as a Japan ambassador for Wonder Woman, but they also will sing an insert song for the movie (specially for Japan market only)..and what makes me happy they will have a music video dedicated in colaboration with Wonder Woman (which will be included in their coupling song in their 18th single, release in 9 August).

For those in this boards who i am sure most of think "Who the hell is Nogizaka 46?"
Nogizaka 46 is a Japan girls idol group who established in 2011 as a official rival to more big and famous idol group here, AKB48.
They have upcoming All Japan's tour this July in Tokyo and in Osaka next month (which i will be attending :)) During my hard time, I don't know how many times my live has been saved through their songs and earnestness. That being said, Nogizaka 46 has a very special presence in my life.

When the media here ask why should be Nogixaka 46 be chosen for Japan official ambassador for Wonder Woman, Warner Bros Japan said that "Nogizaka 46 is represent a strong role models for a lot young girls, and that they have charm to bring a massage for strong female icon but at the same time without losing a feminist-ism, naive-ness, and heart, which most young girls still had, which identical to what Wonder Woman fights for"

For me as a big fan of this idol group, what makes me both surprise and happy is how passionate their single member one by one who testimoned their opinion of Wonder Woman after they watched the screening of the movie.
I never have any idea that especially my favorite member, Shiraishi Mai and Ikuta Erika has a knowledge of DC heroes such as Justice League, Batman, and Superman.

I'm sure a lot of fellow Nogizaka 46 fans across Japan has read this and i think Nogizaka 46's chosen as Japan official Ambassador for Wonder Woman has significantly boost Wonder Woman popularity prior to its release coming 25 August here in Japan (considering now Nogizaka 46 arguably has taken over AKB48 as Japan's no.1 girls idol group)

Here are photos of Gal Gadot and Patty Jenkins with Takayama Kazumi (Kazumin) & Akimoto Manatsu (Manattan),2 representetive Nogizaka 46 members during the screening.

Last edited:
Dude, the photos are not showing up.

Edit : Can you use some other image hosting site ? like for example - postimage or tinypic ?

Last edited:
I think the person wanted to post these photos

93WD5lJ.jpg
nHGrUtz.jpg

ZQn86M9.jpg

Last edited:
I see.. so promotion for WW in Japan has started, good.

Yeah, I'll be reading every WW story ever told. ;)

Hope the movie does really well in Japan. Should be an exciting time.

Dude, the photos are not showing up.

Edit : Can you use some other image hosting site ? like for example - postimage or tinypic ?

already fixed that as you can see above...
so sorry for the error :D

Checked out the "Contest" story from the 90's on my digital library app, where Artemis becomes the new WW. Not great.

I want Wonder Woman to make the $249 Million that Frozen made in Japan. But I'd be Happy if Wonder Woman made half of that.

Okay, so while waiting for my showing of War for the Planet of the Apes to start, I snuck into a showing of Wonder Woman during its third act when Ares reveals himself. Lot of folks in that showing. Granted, a smaller theater, but the back section was close to full.

Still a great fight, even if a bit CGI-heavy, but the emotional stuff between Diana and Steve was still great and I feel like Steve spoke for all of us when he said that he wishes he and Diana had more time. Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but was Diana considering, of her own volition, crushing Poison with that tank and not just Ares trying to make her susceptible to him?

And, unless I just forgot it, had Diana and Poison interacted or crossed paths before that?

Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but was Diana considering, of her own volition, crushing Poison with that tank and not just Ares trying to make her susceptible to him?

And, unless I just forgot it, had Diana and Poison interacted or crossed paths before that?
Yes & No

That would have been their first face-to-face, but she would have recognized her from the intelligence dossiers seen earlier in the film, and she would have known that she was responsible for the gas attack on the village, along with Ludendorff.

Ludendorff she killed, thinking he was Ares, so showing mercy to Dr. Poison contrasts with that. But there is a hesitation, due to the atrocities committed (I would infer).

Last edited:
I see.. so promotion for WW in Japan has started, good.

not sure it's good thing tbh, their song for the movie is called "Women can't sleep without someone" which doesn't sound right for the theme of the movie lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"