• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Sequels Amazing Spider-Man 4 General Discussion

CyclopsWasRight

Well, he was.
Reaction score
So I was just thinking. It's floating around the web than neither Andrew Garfield of Marc Webb are signed up for ASM4 yet, but that movie is greenlit.

Could this possibly be an indication of them moving away from Peter Parker and doing a Spider-Man movie about Ben Reilly, Miguel O'Hara, Miles Morales or someone else?

Would you be open to that idea?

I think killing off Peter and having someone else take over could be disastrous for reception as he's the one and only and while people like new versions it has to go back to Peter at some point, killing him could prevent that.

Or they could recast Peter.

Or do another reboot. Honestly, they kind of nosedived into this one, but are trying to make it all avenger-y with spinoffs. They need to plan this out.

I think recast would be the likely scenario. Nobody knows who Ben Reilly or Miles Morales are, and nobody cares. To specify that, I'm talking general audiences. There's gonna be a couple of thousand comic book fans across the world who recognize these names, but to everyone else, Peter Parker is Spider-Man. Bruce Wayne is Batman, Clark Kent is Superman and so on. They could definitely have someone like Ben Reilly as a minor character who only has a cameo, as a wink wink to the comic book fans, but I really don't see them killing off Peter Parker to bring in a new Spider-Man.

If they did have Reilly/O'Hara/Morales then I don't think it would be part of the TASM series, I think they'd be best off moving on to something else if they were to move away from Peter Parker.
Who knows, maybe Garfield will return for TASM 4 if 3 is good enough and if 4 has a lot more to offer but I can see why he'd want to stop at 3, it must get pretty tiring for an actor and to be reprising the same role for years, you'd want to move away from that and try something different. I think I remember Garfield saying in an interview that sometimes he wishes he wasn't playing Peter just so he could watch the films and enjoy them.

I would personally love a 2099 film. Maybe Sony will let Marvel take care of that seeing as Marvel are already dealing with Guardians of the Galaxy, a futuristic, spacey film, and Sony can just hold on to the "Peter Parker" Spider-Man and just re-cast/reboot those films as long as they want.
I know everyone would long to see Peter Parker in the MCU but if it means a compromise and using Reilly, Morales or O'Hara then I wouldn't mind.
Spider-Man 2099 would have to be treated as its own thing though. Unless they incorporated time travel into it somehow, I don't think 2099 would be appearing alongside the Avengers unless it was a small role as people would rather prefer Peter Parker being there instead.

I know in the comics others have gone on to be Spider-Man, but to me, cinematically, it's a "THE DARK KNIGHT RISES" issue for me--- I can't picture anyone else being Batman other than Bruce Wayne the same as I can't picture anyone else being Spider-Man other than Peter Parker.

I agree that they could easily pull a James Bond, recast the role, and go off in an entirely new direction. Don't have to retell the origin story again just continue where Webb left off or just have minor hints of the origin story ala mini-flashbacks but allow 4, 5, and 6 be it's own thing with its own people. Besides, by movie 4, Garfield will be in his late 30's pushing 40. Unless, they wanted to have him and MJ married or fast-forward ahead to him as an older Spider-Man.

I could see a movie where Kraven "kills" Spider-Man and buries him alive and Venom taking it upon himself to do the whole "lethal protector" thing "in honor" of Spider-Man, then having his own movie battling Carnage with Peter returning from the grave in an after credit scene and using that as launching point to ASM 5.

I know in the comics others have gone on to be Spider-Man, but to me, cinematically, it's a "THE DARK KNIGHT RISES" issue for me--- I can't picture anyone else being Batman other than Bruce Wayne the same as I can't picture anyone else being Spider-Man other than Peter Parker.

I agree that they could easily pull a James Bond, recast the role, and go off in an entirely new direction. Don't have to retell the origin story again just continue where Webb left off or just have minor hints of the origin story ala mini-flashbacks but allow 4, 5, and 6 be it's own thing with its own people. Besides, by movie 4, Garfield will be in his late 30's pushing 40. Unless, they wanted to have him and MJ married or fast-forward ahead to him as an older Spider-Man.

This is exactly what Sony should do.

They just released a image of Vulture for TASM4
birdman.jpg

Marvel Announces ‘Spider-Verse,’ An Event That Will Feature ‘Every Spider-Man Ever
Matt D. Wilson said:
In a live chat on Marvel.com Monday, Amazing Spider-Man writer Dan Slott and Marvel.com editor Ben Morse announced Spider-Verse, an event that will start in November and feature “every Spider-Man from every universe,” according to Morse. The event will feature art by Olivier Coipel. It will take place in Amazing Spider-Man and will spill over into other titles, Morse reported.

Slott promised that every Spider-Man and even a few new ones will either team up or fight in the event. And he really means every single one. Some preview art shown in the live chat featured the Spider-Man from the 2003 series 1602. Slott added that Miles Morales, Spider-Ham, the MC2 version of Spider-Girl, Spider-Men from What If? stories and Bullet Points Spider-Man, and even Spider-Monkey will appear. The only Spider-Man Morse wouldn’t confirm is the Superior Spider-Man. Jessica Drew Spider-Woman has also been confirmed.
Marc Webb Says ‘Amazing Spider-Man 4′ Might Be More Than a ‘Spider-Man’ Movie
Finally SONY is giving us an Amazing Spider-Ham movie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"