Amazon Experimenting with Same Day Drone Delivery

redhawk23

Wrestlin'
Reaction score
Man I cannot even imagine the cost of such a thing even if they did offer it but Amazon is experimenting with flying drones to deliver straight to your door.

http://kotaku.com/amazon-launches-delivery-service-using-drones-seriou-1474596274

ku-xlarge.gif

The potential as well as the potential drawbacks are fun to contemplate.

One would imagine it would be open season on these things.

I mean yes that sounds like a very cool concept but the obvious flaw is people most likely will shoot it down to claim the goods....

This won't end well.

To be fair delivery trucks get robbed all the time, including one carrying 6,000 copies of Call of Duty not too long ago.

Yeah, who says it can't be shot down by greedy yokels?

Hmmm lots of potential drawbacks like with most things today, but this is the logical next step in mail delivery if it can be made relatively safe and secure.

A **** load of small aircraft flying around... what could possibly go wrong?

Wait what about really rural areas in the middle of no where? I guess they would be excluded? And how about shady areas? I mean, to the point where people wouldn't mind shooting down these drones, but are willing to steal them once they land?

What about the weather? If there is an unexpected storm, or really windy conditions?

This was on the show 60 Minutes, it's just in the experiment stages. They said it will most likely be only available to those within a 10 mile radius from a amazon plant. It's just an option, it's not like this is being forced on you like some government product you don't want.

If you have to be within a 10-mile radius of an Amazon factory, why not just go pick it up yourself?

I can see the lawsuits now. Some idiot decides he wants to keep the drone and tries to trap it or disable it. Its propellers wind up cutting him and he nearly gets himself killed.

Or it knocks on a door at 4am and it gets blasted to smithereens... :o

"I swar' it was comin' straight for mah kitty! Them thar guvment robots!"

^^^
I probably shouldn't have, but I did laugh at that...

I'm more concerned about people seeking to do harm than people stealing if it goes beyond the experimental stage. Here's the bomb you didn't other,sir/miss.

Imagine what it'll be like when FedEx invents the teleporter :o

Watched this on 60 minutes last night. Pretty awesome idea

Customer on the phone with amazon-

Cstmr: Umm email says my package was delivered?
Amzn: Did you check the front stoop?
Cstmr: Yeh
Amzn: The bushes?
Cstmr: yes
Amzn: The roof? Or trapped in gutters? The Chimney? Maybe up in a tree, or a squirrels nest?
Cstmr: Oh wait I see it now, it's up in the power cables, how do I get it down?
Amzn: Have you tried our new Amazon retrieval drones? Just became very popular! Can also be programmed to walk the dog, take out trash, and pick up fastfood orders.
Cstmr: Goes inside orders drone:oldrazz:

Last edited:
Can you imagine homegrown terrorists delivering bobs in this fahion to innocent victims' houses?

I feel like I'd accidentally order a drone strike on my own house.

If you have to be within a 10-mile radius of an Amazon factory, why not just go pick it up yourself?

I'm pretty sure you can't just go and get things from an Amazon warehouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"