Amazon Experimenting with Same Day Drone Delivery

Imagine what it'll be like when FedEx invents the teleporter :o

Just hope someone isn't standing in it when it starts up, or else it will be The Fly all over again.

But, taking it's composition into account, I'd imagine it wouldn't pose much of a threat.

Just hope someone isn't standing in it when it starts up, or else it will be The Fly all over again.

But, taking it's composition into account, I'd imagine it wouldn't pose much of a threat.

Half man, half cardboard envelope?

I mean yes that sounds like a very cool concept but the obvious flaw is people most likely will shoot it down to claim the goods....
I can see it now: some redneck standing outside with a shotgun, screaming to his wife...

"Hey, baby - I got another one!" :lmao:

"We's eatin good tonite!"
"Are you sure those are pigeons?"

Imagine in a city seeing 1000's of these things flying around 24/7? This is a great idea but needs to be handled with caution.

Theft too could be really easy. Interceptor drones will be on the black market.

Imagine if a hacker bypassed their security and had everyone's drones within 50 miles of him sent to his place (hacking the GPS). Now robbers won't even need to leave their couch.

This looks potentially a bit dangerous. Someone could intercept the drone and then have it deliver a bomb when it arrives at the destination, or it could be armed with mini machine guns to carry out an assassination.

I just had "Ride of the Valkyries" playing in my head to an image of thousands of them flying into New York airspace.

[YT]V92OBNsQgxU[/YT]

mini machine guns lol..........the bomb thing I can get behind but mini machine sounds funny to me. idk why

Amazon starts WW3 with initial idea of having your iPad flown to your house.

"Say hello to my little flying friend!"

If you have to be within a 10-mile radius of an Amazon factory, why not just go pick it up yourself?

You can't just go and pick things up from an Amazon warehouse like it's a store. lol

This looks potentially a bit dangerous. Someone could intercept the drone and then have it deliver a bomb when it arrives at the destination, or it could be armed with mini machine guns to carry out an assassination.

I'd imagine most people who order things from Amazon for delivery to their doorstep aren't exactly high priority targets for an assasination attempt of that level of complexity. I don't see Obama needing Time Cop on blu-ray that badly.

I'd imagine most people who order things from Amazon for delivery to their doorstep aren't exactly high priority targets for an assasination attempt of that level of complexity. I don't see Obama needing Time Cop on blu-ray that badly.

No, but just like in something like CSI, you could get the Amazon warehouse worker (who is a tech genius in his spare time) who recognises the name of a hated enemy from the order sheet. Maybe it was a childhood tormentor or something who has long forgotten about him. So the worker switches out the package with a bomb or arms the drone with mini machine guns and has it delivered to his old adversary's doorstep.

Then the Amazon worker tries to look as inconspicuous as possible when the investigators come calling so they completely overlook him until much later. They would've figured out it was him earlier though if they had watched enough of these procedurals. :hehe:

Had a childhood tormentor, did we, Raven?

I like the way you think :highfive: :hehe:

Had a childhood tormentor, did we, Raven?

I like the way you think :highfive: :hehe:

No lol. That's just the way most of these plots are in these shows. It could've easily been the man who killed the warehouse worker's sister who just coincidentally appeared on his radar. They're all the same plots after a while lol.

Then the Amazon worker tries to look as inconspicuous as possible when the investigators come calling so they completely overlook him until much later. They would've figured out it was him earlier though if they had watched enough of these procedurals. :hehe:

"Horatio, I've pulled up the order history online. Let's see ... 'customers who purchased this item also purchased The King's Speech, Eat Pray Love, a microexplosive clusterbomb, The Life of Pi ... oh my god, microexplosive clusterbomb!"

"Looks like this cinephile will soon be getting his sins, on file." :cool:

"Horatio, I've pulled up the order history online. Let's see ... 'customers who purchased this item also purchased The King's Speech, Eat Pray Love, a microexplosive clusterbomb, The Life of Pi ... oh my god, microexplosive clusterbomb!"

"Looks like this cinephile... :cool: ... will soon be getting his sins, on file."

Fixed

No, but if it becomes commonplace to see the drones flying around then no one would suspect it if a drone made to look an Amazon one flew somewhere and delivered something harmful. It doesn't even have to deliver something at a specific target destination, the box could be made for spraying something along it's flight path, drop incriminating "evidence", etc.

How can you tell this is a geek site? By all the people plotting ways to deliver death by Amazon drone. :lmao:

I mean yes that sounds like a very cool concept but the obvious flaw is people most likely will shoot it down to claim the goods....

No, the obvious flaw is sending those things out in harsh weather conditions. You say theft, but what's to stop people from stealing a package off someone's doorstep after it's been delivered? I'm assuming these drones will have cameras to monitor activity in the likelihood of something like that happening.

How can you tell this is a geek site? By all the people plotting ways to deliver death by Amazon drone. :lmao:

We are not plotting. We are examining different applications for new technology.

Despite all the possibilities that've occurred to me and I've posted I'm sure the stuff here in the Hype must be extremely mild compared to conspiracy sites. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"