The Boys Amazon's The Boys General Discussion Thread

... Came here to post that haha.

Having heard that Black Noir may end up being 'recast' in-universe, I could honestly see it being Deep forced into the mask. A new humiliation for him, no longer having public face-time and banned from talking.

It could end up being a more "comic" accurate version of Black Noir.

... Came here to post that haha.

Having heard that Black Noir may end up being 'recast' in-universe, I could honestly see it being Deep forced into the mask. A new humiliation for him, no longer having public face-time and banned from talking.

I mean, it makes sense, given his wife going after him. So, if you can't have him publicly, find a way to hide that he is still around.

It could end up being a more "comic" accurate version of Black Noir.

I think its safe to say that train has long, long left the building.

I mean, it makes sense, given his wife going after him. So, if you can't have him publicly, find a way to hide that he is still around.

I think its safe to say that train has long, long left the building.

Just wanted to put it out there :)

I made the mistake of reading the replies... someone thinks he's not a villain at all.

HijNUYw.gif

I made the mistake of reading the replies... someone thinks he's not a villain at all.

HijNUYw.gif
It's very sad/weird the number of people who don't know or understand what a villain is. Even not looking at the political stuff, people really think if you have a sympathetic background or good reasoning that you can't be a villain.

It's very sad/weird the number of people who don't know or understand what a villain is. Even not looking at the political stuff, people really think if you have a sympathetic background or good reasoning that you can't be a villain.
Someone on tiktok theorized that it's because the far right judges people by how much power they have and can wield on others. They don't care about traditional morality, it's just about winning.

Someone on tiktok theorized that it's because the far right judges people by how much power they have and can wield on others. They don't care about traditional morality, it's just about winning.

Honestly I think it's more just "oh my God he's literally me" syndrome brought to its logical extreme.

In that these weirdos relate to a superpowered dickcheese just because he's insecure

5gyQ8Nu.gif

That's a silly and very odd theory because it's not just a far right specific thing at all. That Tik Toker's theory seems like political baiting. There are a wide spectrum of people who don't see to get the concept of a villain or that having a reasoning or sympathetic background isn't necessarily an excuse/shield against being called a villain.

Plenty of people (not just far right weirdos or even incels) don't see characters like Magneto, Killmonger, Scarlet Witch, Thanos, Mr. Freeze, Harley Quinn, Joe from You, Dexter to name a few as villains even with their genocidal, rape-y, or whatever predilections. And all those characters have something that explains why they are that people think makes them "sympathetic."

It has nothing to do with political leaning

Last edited:
5gyQ8Nu.gif

That's a silly and very odd theory because it's not just a far right specific thing at all. That Tik Toker's theory seems like political baiting. There are a wide spectrum of people who don't see to get the concept of a villain or that having a reasoning or sympathetic background isn't necessarily an excuse/shield against being called a villain.

Plenty of people (not just far right weirdos or even incels) don't see characters like Magneto, Killmonger, Scarlet Witch, Thanos, Mr. Freeze, Harley Quinn, Joe from You, Dexter to name a few as villains even with their genocidal, rape-y, or whatever predilections. And all those characters have something that explains why they are that people think makes them "sympathetic."

It has nothing to do with political leaning
I was specifically talking about Homelander in this instance. There's also a separate issue where protagonists can do horrible things but because they're a main character the audience is always on their side (Walter White being the prime example). It's why I've always had a problem with the Joker movie because that's not a character people should root for.

I think it's an apt explanation. How many conservatives today have any shame or guilt about their actions, so long as they are on the winning side and their goals are accomplished?

Here's the full quote (by zerowoolfe):

“A lot of people are so surprised there are a lot of right wing fans of THE BOYS because [the show] is a really unsubtle criticism of corporations, fascism, and right wing politics. So a lot of people are really confused how so many alt-right weirdos are fans of Homelander, despite the show obviously depicting him as the bad guy. Because he does all these heinous things and is a total *******. But the thing is that alt right politics don’t operate on a value system that is based on morality, they operate on a value system based on power. So it actually doesn’t matter that Homelander is depicted as an amoral sociopath. Because he’s a POWERFUL amoral sociopath… Fascism is operating on a value system that is so removed and alien from conventional ethics that attempts to indict fascism USING conventional ethics go completely unnoticed by fascist audiences. And so a lot of pieces of media that intend to criticize fascism along with a lot of pieces of fascist propaganda that intend to glorify it, end up portraying fascists basically the same way… This is not a criticism of THE BOYS, the show is not written for a fascist audience. So fascist’s predictable misinterpretation of it is not really the writer's problem. But what I think is interesting that if the show were written by a fascist writing team as a piece of fascist propaganda, the show at large would be very very different, but specifically the depiction of Homelander, would be almost identical.”

I was specifically talking about Homelander in this instance. There's also a separate issue where protagonists can do horrible things but because they're a main character the audience is always on their side (Walter White being the prime example). It's why I've always had a problem with the Joker movie because that's not a character people should root for.
Well in my post that you quoted I was speaking in general not specific to Homelander or The Deep which is why I didn't name drop them specifically.

Last edited:
Hope he gives Todd way more than one punch next season!
I was hoping more would come of it in the finale. As much as I liked season 3 my only real complaint is that they basically went back to the status quo with a lot of the characters at the end.

Valorie Curry was adorable in Detroit: Become Human. Will be fun to see her in this, for like 1.5 episodes before her inevitable shocking death haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"