• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Boys Amazon's The Boys General Discussion Thread

The Boys: Stormfront Actor 'Violently Disagrees' With the Character

During Comic-Con@Home, The Boys Season 2 star Aya Cash -- who plays the villainous super known as Stormfront -- spoke to her perspective on undertaking the role and how she "violently" disagrees with values of the character she is portraying.

"What I think is so great about The Boys -- and I got to also see episodes before I even auditioned, so I sort of came in as a fan -- and what I love about it is that it's so topical, and it takes what I love about all sci-fi and comic books and fantasy... it allows us to look at current issues with some sort of distance that allows us to see them clearer," Cash said. "Because when we talk about current events, often people take things very personally. And when you are watching something that is a fantasy or in a heightened world, you end up being able to sort of listen better and learn new things in different ways, because they're out of your personal context.

"So, I was really excited about that," she continued. "Not to say that there weren't really hard moments of being a human being and playing a role -- someone who I ultimately violently disagree with. But I also, you know... my job as an actor is to find the humanity and go to, like, the ugly, gross parts of ourselves. And it's [showrunner Eric Kripke's] job to decide what happens to that character. And I think that he has done a beautiful job of both allowing her humanity, and hopefully, punishing her."

1 month to go, it will feel like an eternity.

I need to re-watch season 1 again soon (3rd time around).

That new trailer is rad but I wish they had kept the whale stuff under wraps instead of spoiling it. No matter though; this show is awesome and I’m glad they appear to have given Aya Cash a meaty role. Watching her and Homelander’s hate/hate relationship should be fun.

It feels like there’s too much stuff in the trailer and potentially too spoilery.

Either way, I like that they’re going more violent and brutal than season 1, should be fun.

This one is kind of hilarious

EewyGr9WkAAsE_5

I kinda hope she gets the comic treatment at some point.

The Boys Season 2 Casts X-Men's Shawn Ashmore as Lamplighter

21C8ABAD-2681-4B40-9442-1EA3DA95F354.jpeg

The Boys Season 2 has cast X-Men actor Shawn Ashmore as "Lamplighter," the former member of The Seven who also happens to have some big ties to Billy Butcher and The Boys - including why the group first broke up. As Boys showrunner Eric Kripke says, “We were thrilled that Shawn — who is, let’s be honest, an OG superhero — wanted to play the crucial part of Lamplighter. He brings so much depth, menace, and world-weary humanity to this former member of the Seven. And Shawn is a really good guy. We’re grateful to have him join our bloody little family.”

Lamplighter is a hero who is basically The Boys' the parody of DC's Green Lantern, with his pyrokinesis staff that lets him harness open flames and wield them. It's a nice send-up of Ashmore's famous role as Iceman in the X-Men movies, where his powers were (obviously) the elemental opposite. As Kripke points out, Shawn Ashmore is indeed an "O.G." of superhero movie genre - which is why it's going to be so much fun watching him get to cut loose and satirize the genre in The Boys!

You can find out the full details of Shawn Ashmore's Boys season 2 character Lamplighter, below:

"Lamplighter is a former superstar, a member of the Seven before he left under mysterious circumstances, to be replaced by Starlight. He ties in directly to the Boys' tragic history — he’s actually the reason they broke up 8 years ago. So when he enters their lives again, he dredges up painful memories, pokes at their raw nerves, and changes everything."

Really looking forward to Season 2. Agree with others though that the trailers have shown too much though.

Seth Rogen interview: "If you're going to make a huge comedy, your competition is Marvel" | GamesRadar+

One project you have a hand in that's very much like those films is The Boys [Rogen produces the superhero show]. You recently announced at Comic-Con that there'll be a season 3, so I'm wondering if you have a plan for a set number of seasons of The Boys? Or is it seeing how it rolls?

Sorry, a giant deer just ran past my house. Wait, say that again, I got heavily distracted! [Another very Seth Rogen laugh]

No worries! Do you have an endgame in mind for The Boys?

[Showrunner] Erik [Kripke] does have an ending in mind that he likes and is working towards. But I do also know how fluid these things are. I know some of my favourite shows were not plotted out incredibly specifically, but, to my knowledge, he has an endgame in sight and an ideal number of seasons in his head. But again, these things change, and I've literally been in the writers' room where someone says something and you go, "Oh no, maybe we need two more seasons to do this idea we all like!" But he's been very deliberate in the plotting out of the show, and we talk so much about a crowd-pleasing experience with the show and making our TV equivalent of a fun, edgy blockbuster. So we've been very aware of making sure people are super happy with what's happening and not disappointed with how it all goes down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogmanyoyo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"