American Pie 5?? oh dear lord!

xwolverine2 said:
jesus......stop it now

I agree, these threads are getting stupid, you aren't a fan of straight to DVD movies, we get it! Besides I think there was a thread about this already, do a search next time.

Why does Eugene Levy keep doing these movies and *****ifying his career?

Matt said:

'Cause he knows there's always gonna be a Christopher Guest movie to fall back on! :woot:

To be fair American Pie Presents Band Camp wasn't that bad, it wasn't amazing, but it was entertaining and had some decent characters.

Matt said:
moneymq3.gif

There really can't be any other reason.

Bastila said:
What? Why? whats the point lol.
Universal has made well over 700 million dollars on box office tickets alone on from first 3 American Pie movies and thats not even counting the earnings from the lucrative dvd market.

I do agree though that 5 movies is way too much especially for a formula like American Pie.The same studio also made 5 Beethoven movies so i guess they love their franchises.:woot:

Retroman said:
moneymq3.gif

There really can't be any other reason.

But really, how much money can be made doing DTV sequels?

Plus its not like he is struggling for work. Eugene Levy just doesn't seem to know how to reject a script.

I haven't seen any of these movies, and they don't look good.

Matt said:
But really, how much money can be made doing DTV sequels?

Plus its not like he is struggling for work. Eugene Levy just doesn't seem to know how to reject a script.
According to imdb the 4th American Pie movie cost 7 million dollars to make.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0436058/business

Levy is getting starbilling on these DTV sequels and he's the only surving 'name' of the franchise. Do the math.:cwink: He probably gets more for these roles than the other films he's in with considerably larger budgets.

Its strange though to see someone have roles in movies like Bringing Down the House and Over The Hedge and then star in American Pie 5.

What the hell is wrong with you people? Teen Sex Comedy is an important Genre. Christ.

Gamma Ray said:
It should have stopped at 1. Horrible movies.

1 and 2 are really good. It is when they made them Stiffler: The Movie (3, and I guess 4 and 5 as both have Stifflers as main characters) that they sucked.

I'm curious how many actually saw American Pie 4? :confused:

Matt said:
1 and 2 are really good. It is when they made them Stiffler: The Movie (3, and I guess 4 and 5 as both have Stifflers as main characters) that they sucked.

^Your right,Stiffler as a side kick character is good,but as a main character = crap.

Movies205 said:
I saw it on TBS one time, I thought the goth looking chick was kinda hot.

Movies205 said:
FX showed it twice one night and it did suck, only good thing was Arielle Kebbel......

DH_Arielle_kebbel2_Maxim_July04.jpg

...yeah that's her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"