Americans, I have some questions.

On Sky Sports news some poor Aussie who works at Surrey county Cricket club had I love kevin pietersen written on the board next to his desk :funny:

We are talking about Cricket, not arguing fella. Anyway whats wrong with talking about Cricket??....:huh:

As an American football/basketball fan, I am averse to anything that is not either of those two sports. :argh:

I don't "get" cricket, but I have no issue with it

its a game that has been around forever...and seems to take a long time to play

As an American football/basketball fan, I am averse to anything that is not either of those two sports. :argh:
I like Basketball I find American football boring though. American Football is based on Rugby/Soccer.

Rugbys hardcore.

in college....after that, not so much...there is a semi professional Rugy league here in the US, but it gets ZERO attention

Ive gotten into Roller Derby recently (volunteer with the league here in CT) and that is slowly growing overseas

our last Prime Minister Gordon Brown went blind in one after playing Rugby in College but failed to capitalise on it by wearing an eye patch and thus not becoming the coolest Prime Minister ever.

He never would of lost the election if he wore an eye patch and smoked a cigar

I like both rugby and american football.

They're pretty much polar opposites though, one's a free-flowing game which requires a lot of adaptability and rounded skills whilst the other is basically a stop/start game of human chess.

I like Basketball and Ice Hockey, i dont really care for Baseball and American Football.

It depends which version of Cricket you are playing, you have Test Cricket which is played over 5 days, One Day Cricket over one day and Twenty20 Cricket where you have 20 overs to score as many points as you can....

in college....after that, not so much...there is a semi professional Rugy league here in the US, but it gets ZERO attention

Ive gotten into Roller Derby recently (volunteer with the league here in CT) and that is slowly growing overseas
I prefer Rugby League over Rugby Union....

yea...its the American National Rugby League or something like that...Connecticut (state where I live) has a team...only heard about it last year

Cricket? Nobody understands cricket! You gotta know what a crumpet is to understand cricket!

Rugby and American Football are completely different sports....Rugby is a contact sport (east-west or side to side) while American Football is a collision sport (north-south, head to head literally). Both are fun....

I like Basketball and Ice Hockey, i dont really care for Baseball and American Football.

It depends which version of Cricket you are playing, you have Test Cricket which is played over 5 days, One Day Cricket over one day and Twenty20 Cricket where you have 20 overs to score as many points as you can....

I prefer Rugby League over Rugby Union....
League isn't rugby and 20/20 isn't cricket! :argh:

Rugby league is touch-with-tackling! :cmad:

Now you are talking bollocks..........

Rugby league training camp they use flash cards to teach everyone to count to five, teach 'em all how to run barrel-chested in a straight line and how to tackle in groups of threes then everyone gets to graduate.

The certificate for completion at the school of league has a maze which you have to help Ronald McDonald out of for extra credit... normally only post-grads succeed in getting him out... :oldrazz:

Bunch o' lummoxes they are...

I think what it means over there isn't what it means here in the US....Rugby here is full on smashmouth rugby...its just called a "league" because there are teams under a governing body

Really? What are the real differences between the two?
The differance is i like league but i dont like Union......actually i dont mind Union but i prefer league, hey im a Leeds Rhinos fan :awesome:

I'd taking advertising on uniforms over quarters anyday!

Sponsors on the jerseys instead of an actual uniform is one of the dumbest thing ever. How can you tell who's who?

2246465.jpg

38582_147340025280333_115423358472000_455966_4235236_n.jpg

Is that two different teams or what?

Also, it seems like your jerseys are new every year. You'd almost have to buy a new jersey every year.

Sponsors on the jerseys instead of an actual uniform is one of the dumbest thing ever. How can you tell who's who?

2246465.jpg

38582_147340025280333_115423358472000_455966_4235236_n.jpg

Is that two different teams or what?

Also, it seems like your jerseys are new every year. You'd almost have to buy a new jersey every year.
Erm... lets see, Both teams have different club badges, one team wears all blue and the other team wear black and red striped shirts. Are you colour blind or something?? Cant tell the teams apart, thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard....:oldrazz:

Yes its pretty easy tell teams apart. Teams can have up to four different Jerseys so they very rarely wear anything remotely similar.

Erm... lets see, Both teams have different club badges, one team wears all blue and the other team wear black and red striped shirts. Are you colour blind or something?? Cant tell the teams apart, thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard....:oldrazz:

What the hell is a club badge?

They both have the same logos on their jersey.

michael_strahan_blue_jersey.jpg
New-York-Giants-10-Eli-Manning-Authentic-Red-Jersey%20.jpg

These jersey mustn't belong to the same team. :whatever:

Oh... and I know the Giants retired their red jerseys.

To some extent yes. Just like certain batters have preferred locations in their wheelhouse different batsmen in cricket have various weaknesses and strengths in terms of playing shots.

For example Michael Bevan and Hughes are two players who have lost their place in the Australian test side over the years because they'd proven themselves to be susceptible to balls bowled shorter.

Quite often it's the "bad" ball which gets batsmen out because they try to punish it, whereas one right in the blockhole would be handled with more care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"