• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

BvS Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
A part of me wonders at times if they're going to establish that Lois and Clark started dating each other as soon as he joined the DP or if it actually took place before then (where it's after he told his mom that he needed to find a new job but before he came to the DP)

Ha! Look at the way Amy is looking at Henry!

tumblr_mwzlgahOD01qeyjtso2_250.gif

Ha! Look at the way Amy is looking at Henry!

tumblr_mwzlgahOD01qeyjtso2_250.gif

She's like, "Whoa...is this real life?"

A part of me wonders at times if they're going to establish that Lois and Clark started dating each other as soon as he joined the DP or if it actually took place before then (where it's after he told his mom that he needed to find a new job but before he came to the DP)

I hope they show how/if they came together.

Your question makes me again wonder how much time passed after the whole battle and destruction. I would like to think Clark went home and helped Ma Kent get the farm together after his Kryptonian pals throw a car in the house. It feels appropriate to me that he wouldn't just rush back to Metropolis after all occurred, but with an indication on how much time past then he would have done just that. :huh:

She's like, "Whoa...is this real life?"

Hahahaha...that is the look she has on her face. She looks amazed and I don't blame her...lol. Standing next to that...yowza.

Clearly some time has passed, it's just a matter of how much.

I've always thought that IF there was an identical version of Amy Adams out there that wasn't happily engaged to someone already, where she was also single as well, then it's most likely that she would have entered in a relationship with Henry by now.lol

Clearly some time has passed, it's just a matter of how much.

Agreed. This is something I would have expected to be answered in an accompanying comic or something, but I don't think there is anything like for that MOS.

On another note, if I were to give my take on what I'd like to see Lois do, regarding her own individual arc that wasn't tied to her relationship with Superman per say, within her potentially next three appearances on film (WF/MOS 2, JL, and MOS 3), then this is how I'd go about it.

1. In the upcoming new film, have her and Clark go off the grid to investigate more about Lex Luthor and Batman, who are both on their pursuit (for different reasons, but mainly because they're after Superman). Lois would be a key player in figuring out and putting the pieces together with her investigative skills that help bring down Lex from his reign of power over society/Metropolis.

2. In the Justice League film, Lois would help Clark find and locate some of the other heroes that are emerging across the globe.

3. In Man of Steel 3, I wouldn't mind the "War of New Krypton" arc being adapted in some way for this film where Superman has to end up leaving the planet temporarily in order to help maintain the peace between his people and Earth. We could just say that rather than Kandor and its inhabitants having been trapped in Brainiac's ship all this time, that they were just one of the scout ships that managed to survive all along and grew into their own society that eventually comes into contact with Superman.

During this time, Lois would off on her own and she would be a key part in helping to help people and convince them that the Kandorians aren't there enemy and that humanity shouldn't be so quick to shun away them or Aliens in general. Her father, Gen Sam Lane, could be brought into this where there could be conflict arisen between them like there was in the comics due to Sam Lane's unethical actions against Superman and his people.

That's interesting Herolee.

I definitely want Lois investigating something connected to Luthor in the next movie. I'd like her to do this independently of Clark because she knows Luthor is dangerous and she is trying to protect him, which would be kind of novel. I'm not sure how Bats/Bruce would figure in. If the title of this turns out to be BvS then I think there would have to be a component where maybe her investigation crosses with Batman. There are a couple of different ways that could play out. My guess is any future films will deal with aliens and meta humans. It seems that in this universe Supes is the first meta human/alien to reveal himself, but there are others. I could see a JL movie being an "us" verses them deal with some meta humans taking different sides in the fray because of all the suspicions surrounding people with powers. Then they could band together for a greater threat.

The one thing that MOS did that I thought played well was it showed a lot of everyday people were affected by the invasion and Supes subsequent fight with Zod. This is a good lead in to the fact that some people might trust him while others don't.

As for Lois in any future JL films, it's likely that with all the other time that has to be given to other characters her role will be minimal. It could be just the traditional kidnap his girlfriend to pull Superman into the mix. That's why I'm hoping any JL film is the launch of JL only. I'm hoping that's not considered a Superman sequel...though knowing WB it could be, so I don't have high hopes.

Last edited:
Well, if Pepper Potts was allowed to be in "The Avengers", then I don't see why Lois couldn't be in the "Justice League" film, especially when Lois actually has a canon history of being involved with JLA story lines and even helping out with what she can do.

Oh definitely there is a possibility. I think it just depends on how they tie it in. Also in some aspect Lois being in danger is always involved in most of those stories too.

Well, if Pepper Potts was allowed to be in "The Avengers", then I don't see why Lois couldn't be in the "Justice League" film, especially when Lois actually has a canon history of being involved with JLA story lines and even helping out with what she can do.

Exactly she has a history with the JLA. Her involvement could be much more than what Pepper had in The Avengers. Oh you bring in the caliber of someone like Amy Adams use her right. I hate it when any top class actor isn't used right in any film. I think you've got these guys at least use then in the correct manner if not you should've got someone far less talented.

I'm hoping WB is able to make something that rivals the Avengers, which I'm still not sure of. They can be kind of hit and miss.

One thing I am happy about after I thought about it more is Lois does know Clark is Superman. Though I often overlook this in the comics and cartoons because it is what is. It does kind of skeeve me out when I think of Supes messing around with her while not telling her he's masquerading as Clark. It's effing creepy really, so I'm actually glad it's gone. That will open up the opportunity for her to be involved in any stories involving him on all fronts.

To be honest, her knowing his secret can lighten up the mood. A lot.

Depends on which era of comics you're focusing on. Silver Age is the absolute worst so don't focus on that if you like Supes/Lois everything else is much better. It's silver it's second rate.:o

Yeah...the silver age is pretty bad. It's funny though and I enjoy reading comics from that time for sure humor alone. They're just so funny...lol

I am very curious to see how Lois knowing the secret early will affect future stories. It's a good thing in my mind. There's plenty of ground to build on so she can be involved in more ways than just the damsel in distress.

I do like that MOS showed she is a really good investigative reporter who takes no crap. She was bold and fearless in most respects, so I look forward to seeing more of that.

Yeah...the silver age is pretty bad. It's funny though and I enjoy reading comics from that time for sure humor alone. They're just so funny...lol

I am very curious to see how Lois knowing the secret early will affect future stories. It's a good thing in my mind. There's plenty of ground to build on so she can be involved in more ways than just the damsel in distress.

I do like that MOS showed she is a really good investigative reporter who takes no crap. She was bold and fearless in most respects, so I look forward to seeing more of that.

Well the story arc has been dropped now for some reason but the first six issues of Superman's self titled book had hints dropping that Lois knew Clark was Superman. and Superman #24 has expanded on that but don't expect it to stick as Parasite is about to drain her psionic powers that she was given in Superman Annual #2.

Honestly, after being given five films that really did nothing to move the relationship forward in a new light (S:II could have been monumental for their relationship had Lois been allowed to retain her memories and if they were allowed to be together back then), I'm glad that they actually gave us a take on their relationship where there seems to be actual hope for them to have a happy life together.

I mean I absolutely HATED on how Superman was written as though he were destined to be alone due to his responsibilities, on how his father and mother forbade him from having his own personal life and that he couldn't just balance between helping people and having happiness for himself.

MOS is like the first time we've seen a version of Jor-el treat Lois nicely, and I like on how MOS ended on a note where you could believe that Lois and Clark would end up with each other someday.

I would also like to see their relationship defined in a happier tone where they do end up together, which is another reason I'm not for the notion of him living forever, or any adaptions of Kingdom Come like stories. I have to admit though we talk about the relationship for other reasons. Part of my reason for wanting this aspect shown in a genuinely happy light is I hate when writers add this "always and forever alone" feature to make things more dramatic. It just drags the whole story down, so you never really feel happy for Supes. There is nothing wrong with a happy Superman who gets the girl in the end and keeps her. Nothing at all...I for one enjoy that more than he's a lonely god with a crap load of responsibility.

I'm enjoying Amy Adams' version of Lois Lane where she's essential to the main plot in Man of Steel. I like it when she knows Superman's identity.

I have always and will always be on the side of any who think Lois SHOULD know the truth. It works in a way that just makes more sense. Not to mention that Joe and Jerry had similar ideas about how the relationship worked, and if not for editorial interference they would have established this in the mythos pretty early on (Kryptonite too).

I have always and will always be on the side of any who think Lois SHOULD know the truth. It works in a way that just makes more sense. Not to mention that Joe and Jerry had similar ideas about how the relationship worked, and if not for editorial interference they would have established this in the mythos pretty early on (Kryptonite too).

I was surprised when she found out, but the more I think about it the more I like her being in the know. It definitely does away with the one component that has always skeeved me out and it opens up the opportunity for her to be included in more ways. It should be interesting to see how her knowing the secret will play into the next movie. I would think it would put her danger, but she could also become more determined to help Superman. Lots of different things they could do.

I just think it makes her seem dumb when she can't figure it out while knowing both men. It's like there's this little inside joke with the audience and dumb Lois never figures it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"