Andre The Giant Biopic In The Works

Thundarr

Superhero
Reaction score
I just read this in the paper today. Apparently there is a graphic novel about the life, times, and career of "The Eighth Wonder Of The World" Andre The Giant, which is now being adapted into a feature film with the blessings of Andre's daughter. Here's a link to an article by Variety Magazine: www.variety.com/2016/film/news/andre-the-giant-biopic-1201769286/

So what do you guys think? Do you think that this would make for an interesting movie? And if so, who do you think should play the role of Andre? Should it be a wrestler with giantism? Maybe "The Big Show" Paul White? Or maybe "The Yeti" Ron Riece? Conan Stevens from GoT? Or maybe they should cast someone normal sized, but use CGI to make him look like he's over 7' tall?

For me personally? I was a huge fan of Andre's growing up. Next to Hulk Hogan, he was my all time favorite wrestler. And I'd REALLY like to see the infamous incident where he chased four guys out of a pub for throwing a beer bottle at him, and then proceeding to flip their car over onto it's roof WITH THE FOUR MEN INSIDE THE VEHICLE. That would be awesome!

I just want to see Andre being driven around by Samuel Beckett.

They should get Gheorghe Mureșan, a romanian retired NBA player and played max in My Giant, he's 7'7
A010vcE.jpg

At this point I'd half expect them to CGI Andre the whole way through.

How much of Andre's wrestling carer will it cover? because there's no way WWE will get involved especially since they've written Hogan out of their history.

How much of Andre's wrestling carer will it cover? because there's no way WWE will get involved especially since they've written Hogan out of their history.

great point would love for this to be good Andre was what he was built as "the 8th wonder of the world" and to the point about Hogan it's been said that even leading in to WM3 nobody was sure Andre would do the favors for Hogan
would love for that to be covered

At this point I'd half expect them to CGI Andre the whole way through.

Maybe not CGI, but at least use forced perspective, small props, scale doubles, and other tricks to make a 6'6" actor appear to be 7'4". Like what was done in The Green Mile and the LOTR/Hobbit trilogies.

How much of Andre's wrestling career will it cover? because there's no way WWE will get involved especially since they've written Hogan out of their history.

I'm guessing it will probably cover a lot of his career, as he had spent the majority of his adult life in the ring. He started wrestling professionally when he was only 17 years old, and he died at the age of 47. If they were to cut his entire life as a pro wrestler from the story, there wouldn't be much left to show.

Also, this movie is an adaptation of a biographical graphic novel which was published last year. As powerful as they are, the WWE doesn't own the rights to that publication. And it's the publishers who are having the movie produced. The WWE might put some legal hurtles in the way, and some concessions might have to be made here and there, but for the most part I don't think that they can do much. Besides, they probably had to give the publishers permission to use some of the copyrighted names for the graphic novel. That permission probably legally extends to the movie production as well.

I'm guessing it will probably cover a lot of his career, as he had spent the majority of his adult life in the ring. He started wrestling professionally when he was only 17 years old, and he died at the age of 47. If they were to cut his entire life as a pro wrestler from the story, there wouldn't be much left to show.

Also, this movie is an adaptation of a biographical graphic novel which was published last year. As powerful as they are, the WWE doesn't own the rights to that publication. And it's the publishers who are having the movie produced. The WWE might put some legal hurtles in the way, and some concessions might have to be made here and there, but for the most part I don't think that they can do much. Besides, they probably had to give the publishers permission to use some of the copyrighted names for the graphic novel. That permission probably legally extends to the movie production as well.
I wonder who they will get to play 'The Six Million Dollar Man' (Lee Majors) since his fight with Andre as Bigfoot was a career highlight for him?

I'm just going to post this again

They should get Gheorghe Mureșan, a romanian retired NBA player and played max in My Giant, he's 7'7
A010vcE.jpg

He talks and looks similar to Andre, he just needs to fatten up.

They don't need WWE's cooperation on anything, unless they want to use proprietary archived footage or the company's actual logo. They didn't need the NFL's cooperation to make Concussion or the Vatican's cooperation to make Spotlight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"