Anubis' Greats of Comic Art Thread (Marvel Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anubis

Sup?
Reaction score
I have no idea why, but i've found myself becoming more and more interested in art work. I can't draw worth a s**t, and it isn't even the most important thing I look for when buying comics. But whenever I'm on line, I find myself browsing around lookin for art wherever I can find it. So, I decided I will put this current obsession to good use and start a thread. Post your favorite art from Marvel. Anything goes. Old school, New stuff, hell, even fanart if it pleases you.

Anyway, I'll start, and who better to start with than King Kirby and one of my alltime favorites, Mike Allred.

22cover.gif

01surferposter.gif

BLACK_PANTHER_kirby_pencil.jpg

Cool Concept
antman02.jpg

Stunning
phoenix-endsong1.jpg

Classic
avengers502.jpg

A team that needs more respect
team_gallery26.jpg

What?
diamond_lil_3.jpg

Epic
xmen164.jpg

Thor...nuff said
thor-sonofasgard09.jpg

Later I will post more, it's just a pain to upload them.

Alex Ross is my hero...

scan0001.jpg

And we can't forget the king himself, Jack Kirby...

scan0002.jpg

*Scans from the 1998 marvel comics "the silver age" card set from my own personal collection (these are the chase cards from the set)

Man I can't wait or their DC stuff.Meanwhile more Romita jr.
asm43-lg.jpg

romita_jr_spiderman.jpg

374126aa.jpg

Gotta love JRJR.

How about a little from JRSR?

FFWGCM12.jpg

Questprobe.gif

xfan said:
hey Sparta I like Alex Ross too!

haha awesome Xfan, I knew you had good taste ;)

He really is amazing, I can't get enough of his drawings. I want to get those original x-men and original fantastic four drawings as posters because they are so wicked. I've seen them around before, hopefully I can still find them.

um Sparta i was trying to save the alex ross x-men pic in photobucket because i really liked it but it wouldnt save, why is that?

did you try saving the big pic here? or the solo pic of the x-men in my VS thread?

the big pic, i already have the x-men one.

See, this just shows that Hawkeye will come back from the dead and turn into Evil Hawkeye.

oh boy, do I have a secret for you....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"