Fading's art thread

Finally starting to get the hang of drawing more in a style I'm comfortable with. To touch a bit more on it, basically from grade school to middle I tried to draw realistically like my Mom. Half way through middle school to a year into high school I got back into comics and tried that style. Then half way through high school is when I really started to like animes. So my drawing style jumped around so much I never really got one of my own. I was always just trying to do what I saw in comics, or watched in animes, or looking at ppl to get the features right.

Now tho I'm taking the parts of all of that that I felt comfortable with and doing my own thing. May not be the best, but I'm finally comfortable and no longer need to look at reference material (aside from one, looked u a tiger pic for a pic I'm posting).

So anyway, these first few are just pencils of character ideas. I had shortly after my last post. Tho as I side note, I should mention ALL of these were done on recycled paper. I thought it would be better as it was a little more, turns out it's crap. The paper rubs off when I erase, and colors bleed out of lines easy. Never getting that stuff again lol.

Edited to scale all images down a bit.

charactersketch2.jpg

charactersketch1.jpg

These are the characters that just popped into my head and penciled yesterday, and penned and colored today.

Whitelionspiritcharacter.jpg

Tigerspiritcharacter.jpg

Swallowspiritcharacter.jpg

Spiderspiritcharacter.jpg

Batspiritcharacter.jpg

The basic idea was fighting comic, with the powers being derived from animal spirits. Of course a slightly unrealistic take on what animals can do, but you get the point. I.e. Lion spirit can form claws with his aura, bat can use supersonics, a character with an elephant spirit can increase his weight and so on. Now just to think of a story to revolve around those characters lol.

Last edited:
Just 2 more character ideas I did quick.

Foxspiritcharacter.jpg

Wolfspiritcharacter.jpg

Last edited:
Might as well post my...I guess it's kinda a webcomic so far over this older post of an unfinished image.

BeastSoulsPage1.jpg

BeastSoulsPage2.jpg

BeastSoulsPage3.jpg

BeastSoulsPage4.jpg

BeastSoulsPage5.jpg

BeastSoulsPage6.jpg

BeastSoulsPage7.jpg

BeastSoulsPage8.jpg

Last edited:
It's not the greatest of quality, but I am enjoying doing it. Have several chapters written out. I know things I need to improve already tho, like better backgrounds, better coloring, ect. My usual computer crapped out on me. I think I'm just going to save up and build a new one rather than repair it. In the mean time I'm working on an older computer with photoshop 6 heh. Not that that's an excuse as the drawings I'm scanning in aren't great either.

Anyway this the black and white drawing of the start of the next chapter, kinda an old school X-Men homage.

BeastSouls017.jpg

Doing that Beast Souls comic for a bit helped me get more confident on drawing freehand. So now trying to refine that a bit and do a little better, I guess these characters are my next step. After that thought I need to improve my background drawing.

Fading-Thief.jpg

FemaleCharacter.jpg

FemaleWerewolf.jpg

Mageidea2.jpg

MageIdea1.jpg

Knight.jpg

Villain.jpg

RandomCharacter.jpg

Skeleton.jpg

Ogre.jpg

These two are in pencil, so a bit hard to see.

Elves.jpg

Dwarf.jpg

Last edited:
Had an idea for a manga, but didn't feel right once I started doing it. Basically this village is being attacked by a demon horde. A member of the royal family activates an old spell that summons a hero. By accident a modern high school guy gets sucked right in to the middle of the portal. He gets saved by a bandit girl whose group of thieves is helping evacuate stragglers while simultaneously looting the village.

It kinda hit the nerve that's been itching for making a medieval story lore, while keeping things action-y like a Bleach. But after about 10 pages it wasn't clicking for whatever reason. Who knows, maybe something will come to me later to fix it.

Manga-01.png

Manga-02.png

Manga-03.png

This was just an attempt at doing the same Pokemon comic from before better while simultaneously trying to work on doing a black and white shaded Manga. Did this before the 3 random Manga pages above. I got tired of coloring in everything because of the amount of time it took.

PMV-01.png

PMV-02.png

PMV-03.png

PMV-04.png

PMV-05.png

PMV-06.png

PMV-07.png

PMV-08.png

PMV-09.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"