The Amazing Spider-Man Anyone here find this movies villain situation a bit difficult?

Goodfellas

Civilian
Reaction score
In a sense that there arent to many great villains that would make for a good movie

I know Spider-man has a great comic book rougue gallery but honeslt i feel alot of them dont translate well to film in a snse that they might come across stupid or corny

We already saw the big 3 in terms of villains(Dr.Octopus,Green Goblin,Venom) and of course Sandman and while Doc Ock and Green Goblin were done right obviously Sandman and Venom were on the bad end of just a really poorly written script and plot.

I always though Electro would make for a great villain but thanks to Tim Story i doubt that will happen since from some odd reason he gave Dr.Doom electorcity powers(IMO one of the dumbest decisions in comic book movie history)

I think Lizard would maybe come acorss a little to far fetched even for Raimis movies, i mean a man lizard on the loose? idk maybe thats just me i mean it sure is better than Morbius ill say

Kraven, personaly opinion i just dont find him that interesting

Scorpion i think could maybe work but theres the issue of can he hold a movie on its own

vulture, he maybe as well could work but idk the idea of Spider-Man battling some old guy in a bird suit might come across a bit corny

Shocker and Rhino are just thugs and probably would be that interesting to the general public

This movie would have been perfect for Venom to be the main villainif raimi hade put Sandman and GG2 as the villains in spidey 3 and Brock would be a charcter thus setting him up for 4

Idk maybe its just me i just iam not feeling the rest of the villain rouge gallery in terms of what kind of story they can bring to the table

If i hade to pick id maybe go with Scorpion or Lizard

I believe that Lizard would the obvious choice.I believe an adaptation of Kraven's last hunt with Lizard in place of Vermin would be perfect.But I don't know if Rami would like the dark tone of the story or if he has even heard of it.

I'm not worried about it.

His rogues are still fresh and in plenty. Sandman and Venom were handled fine to me. Venom just needed more.

I agree that the only thing Venom needed was more screentime which is why i rather have hade him first appear as the main villain spidey 4

I actually lked topher grace as venom

so far i would like to see the lizard, electro, the vulture, and maybe the scorpion before they stop making these

I honestly feel like were gonna see Electro which sucks but only person you can blame reall is tim story or who ever though of that dumb idea to give doom that power

My worry is that they won't use villains they used fot the games...

I always think: Why should they repeat themselves?

Did they use Ock in the first film's game?
Did they use venom or sandman in the second film's game?

I think Lizard would maybe come acorss a little to far fetched even for Raimis movies, i mean a man lizard on the loose?
Too far fetched for a series feature an alien organism suit and a man made out of sand? If anything The Lizard more realistic.

Kraven, personaly opinion i just dont find him that interesting
Thats a pity for you, bringing in Kraven would mean adapting one of the best Spidey stories ever.

Scorpion i think could maybe work but theres the issue of can he hold a movie on its own
From this point foreward, there isn't going to be solo villains.

vulture, he maybe as well could work but idk the idea of Spider-Man battling some old guy in a bird suit might come across a bit corny

Put wings on the Green Goblin and take off his helmet, and you have the same deal.

This movie would have been perfect for Venom to be the main villainif raimi hade put Sandman and GG2 as the villains in spidey 3 and Brock would be a character thus setting him up for 4
No Brock nor the symbiote shouldn't have been in SM3 at all.

Idk maybe its just me i just iam not feeling the rest of the villain rouge gallery in terms of what kind of story they can bring to the table
It is just you, Spidey has got one of the best rogue galleries around. Your not thinking outside the box.

My worry is that they won't use villains they used fot the games...

I always think: Why should they repeat themselves?

Did they use Ock in the first film's game?
Did they use venom or sandman in the second film's game?

I'm not understanding your point. Care to rephrase it. .

Lizard, Scorpion, Electro, Kraven.....we have plenty of villains to choose from.

Plus we have Walrus, Typeface, Hypno Hustler and other big league villains.

I like the Kraven Last Hunt with Lizard inserted idea. Great story and it would finally stop with all the cockteasing about Doc Connors.

But, knowing Raimi's love for the silver age, as well as his love for melodramatic cheese, I doubt that will happen...

I'm sure they'll choose The Lizard for #4. There's also the chance they won't choose him. Only time will tell.

I don't think the rogue situation for Raimi's "Spider-Man" films is nearly as difficult as for Nolan's "Batman" films, especially since Raimi doesn't draw that pesky 'realism' line...all bets are off in the Spidey films as far as the fantastic...that plus the fact that Spidey still has a large number of great unused rogues allows me to NOT worry.

:up:

I only find that the die hard fans really see this situation occuring. Be patient. How can it be a proble when we know pretty much nothing about it.

I really hope they incorporate a low level villain like Shocker, who probably wont have a whole feature around him, as an opening villain plot.

What i mean, i would love to see maybe Shocker robbing a bank to open Spidey 4 or 5, and Spidey stops him and webs him up, hanging from a light post or something.

Its a nice kick start to a movie, shows that there are other baddies running around, while also throwing the audience fully into the life style of Spider-Man.

I really hope they incorporate a low level villain like Shocker, who probably wont have a whole feature around him, as an opening villain plot.

What i mean, i would love to see maybe Shocker robbing a bank to open Spidey 4 or 5, and Spidey stops him and webs him up, hanging from a light post or something.

Its a nice kick start to a movie, shows that there are other baddies running around, while also throwing the audience fully into the life style of Spider-Man.
I like. More franchises need to do this. Shows there's more to the hero's routine than just sitting around waiting for the next big villain to show up. Only Spider-Man 2 (no villain fight but same general concept with him working his day job and saving the kids, etc) and TDK, to the best of my recollection, have done this.

Most movies start with everything peachy keen until the big villain shows up, like nothing else goes on. I dunno, it's minor but it adds to the immersiveness of the world, which is a big deal to me.

I like. More franchises need to do this. Shows there's more to the hero's routine than just sitting around waiting for the next big villain to show up. Only Spider-Man 2 (no villain fight but same general concept with him working his day job and saving the kids, etc) and TDK, to the best of my recollection, have done this.

Most movies start with everything peachy keen until the big villain shows up, like nothing else goes on. I dunno, it's minor but it adds to the immersiveness of the world, which is a big deal to me.

This was always my biggest issue with the Schumacher Batman movies...it's like nothing bad happened in Gotham City in between the thwarting of Riddler and the emergence of Mr. Freeze.

And even worse, when the main villain showed up, Batman only focused on him...I always got the feeling that low level criminals would take that distraction as an opportunity to strike.

first of all, i'd enjoy seeing the lizard as much as feel as though raimi ruined this series by giving into fanboy ********...but if anyone feels THIS has any merit, on the daily show's interview with billy crudup (dr. manhattan in watchmen), crudup mentioned that in one of his upcoming roles he plays somewhat of a chameleon...now, while the character he portrays in his next film is J. Edgar Hoover, its possible he was merely being facetious...but one has to wonder...the way in which he annunciated it sounded like somewhat of a hint.

I agree. It sets the tone of the movie and shows how Spider-Man has to deal with daily thugs or super-villains that aren't that too important.

He has interesting villains and it is up to the writers to bring about the best qualities for the plot.

Lizard, Scorpion, Electro, Kraven.....we have plenty of villains to choose from.

Agreed. I would LOVE to see Electro, Mysterio, Lizard, etc., all done with today's special effects. :wow:

Me and my dad talk about this a lot. He told me something that I sort of agree with. I think there should only be one villain per movie. Look at the series history, SM1 and SM2 both had one villain...good movies. SM3...3 villains...and...well...lets just say it was a boo movie :). I think that a sequel can be great with just one villain

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"