The Amazing Spider-Man Villain irony?

Herofan

Sidekick
Reaction score
I believe from the comics the Lizard/Curt Connors was probably the most sympathetic of Spider-Man's villains while in the films he is probably, aside from maybe Venom, the least sympathetic villain. Probably, even though initially not corrupt, the most corrupted and maybe ruthless and probably meant-to-be-unlikeable and not even understandable let alone somewhat likeable.

It's understandable, appropriate, even kind of nice that after having all three of Raimi's films with the villains done as they were in a row the next film and first in a new continuity did not have a sympathetic villain but it's still pretty unfortunate that that was combined with doing the Lizard.

The more I think about it, the less I sympathize any of the movie villains. It is kind of a shame that Lizard did not end up being very sympathetic.

The more I think about it, the less I sympathize any of the movie villains. It is kind of a shame that Lizard did not end up being very sympathetic.

The most sympathetic aspect of Curt Connors character is his wife and son, which the filmmakers didn't include when it came to the ASM movie.

But I'd say Ock and Sandman are definitely sympathetic. Even Norman in Raimi's movie to a certain degree.

But I'd say Ock and Sandman are definitely sympathetic. Even Norman in Raimi's movie to a certain degree.
I could find Sandman sympathetic if he wasn't trying hard to kill Spider-Man in the final confrontation to later say he didn't want this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"