Sequels Spider Man villains...any left with heart?

KangConquers

Purple Kang, Purple Kang
Reaction score
I'm worried that in the future, there weren't be enough villains to tell a compelling story. Sure, there will always be villains with great special effects opportunities, but as far as being able to have a personal relationship with Parker that will provide a meaningful plot, I only really see Curt Connors as the Lizard working; maybe Chameleon, if they use the character properly.

Any other ideas? Keep in mind...I understand that most villains in spidey's canon would make great fight scenes; this isn't what the thread is about though. It's about villains that can make a movie emotionally compelling.

i share this concern as well, i wonder what they will do for 3 more movies...

i share this concern as well, i wonder what they will do for 3 more movies...

well Curt Connors works for a movie; he's already got an established relationship with Parker.

Chameleon and Kraven both are interesting enough. They could explore Chameleon as sort of the self-loathing freak, and explore the relationship between the brothers.

The only concern with that is that the double suicide would make it a rated R movie.

But after that what do we have? a bunch of cads like Electro, Rhino, etc.

The Jackal would be a perfect main villain. They should seriously play up the whole obsessed-with-Gwen Stacy angle. That alone would give Peter an emotional urge to take him down, if they actually give him and Gwen a relationship that is (if not then switch it to MJ I guess). If he would be a teacher too, that would be just an added bonus. The Clone Saga would be a royal flush when it would come to emotional attachment, but I'm still iffy on if that would work.

I could see a good portion of villains making the cut. I really wouldn't have seen Sandman have much character potential, but they gave him some. Just try that for any new villains coming in and it'll be fine.

They could make stuff up to make the villains connected to spidey like what they did with Sandman.

I doubted Sandman would make a good villain in a Spidey film. So, who knows? For Mysterio, create/exaggerate Mysterio's desire to become an actor into a fallen dream, perhaps? Chameleon self-loathing? Electro...I don't know...Jackal would be nice. Alastor Smythe, maybe obsessing over killing Spidey because of his father's death? If they put Carnage in, however, he would probably be unatonable.

I always liked Spider-man as one of the best comics due to the variety and quality of the vilains.

Kraven can potentially be a very interesting character, much more so than Doc Ock.

Vulture can be nicely explored with a load of character work.

Electro is more of a special effects feature, but would work well with other villains. Shocker is clearly the best 'thug' villain, and rhino is always fun, but they are reasonably simplistic.

Scorpion can have some very good motivation and work as a strong character.

Lizard is an obvious one.

Judging by what Sam has done with Sandman, a character who virtually posed no personal threat to Peter Parker in the comics, I'm sure any character can be brought into the movies now.

Lizard for number four and maybe another villain and then they should stop making anymore sequels.

More movies after a Spider-Man 4 would be ridiculous because then they'll start putting re-hash villains like Hobgoblin or Carnage; or B and C rated villains like Vulture, Mysterio, Rhino, Shocker, etc.

The connection thing with Peter and his villains needs to stop, so do the "our villains are not really bad" motif. After The Lizard, there must be a new direction and new blood or the franchise won't survive all the way through SM4-SM6. :cool:

The connection thing with Peter and his villains needs to stop, so do the "our villains are not really bad" motif. After The Lizard, there must be a new direction and new blood or the franchise won't survive all the way through SM4-SM6. :cool:

well...to be fair...the villains have to have depth...They can't do a cheesy villain like Carnage...or else it'll degenerate to nothing but a burnt popcorn flick.

My friend suggested that maybe Quentin Beck acts on stage with MJ...then he gets fired for some reason, and he blames MJ....

:wow:

Then Roderick Kingsley can be the costume designer for that play!

(Oh wait....I don't want to see HG....)

also... will it be possible that the series makes Eddie Brock a good guy? A final installment would require spiderman to not be so self indulged... Eddie Brock is not the villain, the symbiote is...

Sam Raimi's Spiderman is a LOVE story about Peter Parker, and his obligation to make decisions...

Lets' look at Spiderman 2 as a template. There were set ups for TWO villains. Lizard (Dr. Connors) and Man-Wolf(John Jameson)
With some CRAFTY script writing, a VERY SUCCESFUL addition can be brought to 4. Vulture. Dr. Clifton Shallot. With a story line with Peter's powers diminishing from time to time, and the mutation trend going around it is very possible for there to be an introduction to Vulture as well.

Let’s look at Spiderman 3 as a template. The introduction of Gwen Stacy is vital as well. Gwen Stacy's job is in modeling. With Gwen Stacy comes an AWESOME Villain that we overlooked. Roderick Kingsley, occupation fashion designer, alias… Hobgoblin. Another Route is that of Ned Leeds Field reporter at the Daily Bugle, and future boyfriend of BettyBrant the Receptionist at the Daily Bugle. so there are More than one Hobgoblin...

Mary Jane is down but not out guys... Just because she lost her job for not being a "GOOD SINGER" Does not mean that she is still not a good actress. So maybe Movies are her thing, a valuable opening for Mysterio.

So the choice is...
Cute Receptionist, Super Model, Movie Star?
It might be in print already... The Amazing Spider-Man #121
Keep in mind... Dunst and Howard switched the importance of their roles...

The conflict that Raimi enjoys concentrates on the love story, so I am pretty assured that althoughElectro and Shocker are both good options, I would rely on the consistency of what they've shown us in the films...

and the life the symbiote carries is amazing...
Carnage, and
Venom...
as an ally...
The symbiote is the villain not Eddie Brock, and Peter will need as much help as he can get as the villains become more preverse, espescially in the end.

prediction
4.Vulture Lizard
5.Wolf-Man Hobgoblin
6.Mysterio,Hobgoblin 2
7.Carnage

I remember a rather compelling and emotional storyline with Kraven during SM:TAS. Along with the Lizard, we should have plenty of emotional stuff for part 4.

I remember a rather compelling and emotional storyline with Kraven during SM:TAS. Along with the Lizard, we should have plenty of emotional stuff for part 4.

Well Kraven...is tough because the obvious ending for him is the one from the comics; and I don't think they could pull a pg-13 rating with a suicide in the movie.

Well I think they should make the movie to the best of their ability, then whatever rating it gets, it gets!

Suicide is easily doable in a PG-13 as long as you only hear the shot and the death is off-screen. I honestly want to see more of Kraven burying Parker alive to hunt the Lizard easier and MJ finds and frees Spidey so he can go save/cure Lizard in time and stop Kraven who htinking he may have killed Lizard kills himself (the latter may be too dark for a summer movie though).

But it is not unfathomable for SM4.

SM5 is the hard one though. After 4 Peter/MJ SHOULD be married and the heavy hitters are all gone save for Kingpin, who can't be used; Hobgoblin would be a retread after two goblins on screen and Carnage....who just generally sucks, really.

They can exploit Hydroman and his obsession with MJ. Or maybe they should change it to Gwen Stacy so shecan be in the spotlight from now on.

Yeah, its rough. I don't think there are any more villians who can carry a movie on their own, meaning that double ups are neccessary from this point forward.

Carnage will probably happen at some point due to the fact that Peter gave Doc Connor's a sample of the symbiote and the Venom character was such a popular selling point of SM3...but they'd have to really change the story to make it work.

For SM4 I see Lizard and Kraven. Lizard is logical. Kraven would work well with the Lizard...Peter has to stop the Lizard's rampage, but at the same time protect him from Kraven. It opens interesting possibilites, plus it would be smaller in scale and after SM3, I think that would be a welcome change.

With Kraven however, they will have the challenge of why a normal human would be a threat to Spider-Man. The way I see it is, you sort of mix Kraven with his Ultimate persona. Have his first encounter with Spider-Man be an absolute humiliation (one punch and he is out). From that point on he is obssessed with revenge. He does some research into where the Lizard came from and learns of Conners' research and genetically modifies himself into his ultimate persona, making him more of a physical threat.

As for what happens after SM4...I'd personally love Mysterio and Scorpion together. Mysterio can be a special effects wizard/stunt master who is working on a movie with MJ (Thus establishing personal connection to Peter/Spider-Man). One of his effects can go wrong, endangering MJ...Spider-Man shows up and saves the day. Beck gets fired, however he blames both Spidey and MJ for the disaster and not himself, and swears revenge.

He begins to frame Spider-Man for various crimes. As a result, J.J. decides to create his own vigilante to take down the wall crawler once and for all. He uses his P.I. he hired to discover the identity of Spider-Man (Mac Gargan) as a guinea pig and funds to have a special battle suit created. At first he finds Spidey. Something goes wrong and he becomes permenantly fused with the suit...wackyness ensues.

As for a sixth movie? Maybe by then the time will be right to introduce the Hob Goblin?

Matt....they should hire you to write the next movie. Good ideas all around...

One thing I would hope they do...is have a throwaway opening scene with Shocker or Rhino...with them trying to rob the bank....and never seen again. Just to show that..ever since Spidey showed up...a lot of freaks are showing their head.

And maybe for the final 6th movie...how about all the surviving villians forming the Sinister Six. Sandman, maybe Carnage, Hobgoblin, mysterio, Vulture, and Lizard? or Shocker

This seems like a silly question. A couple things to point out, they changed the villians motivations in the movies to make them fit the moral of the story. Sandman being the most changed. Doc Ock being the second.

How about we talk the Vulture as an older man who feels rejected by socitey due to his frail old body? Silvermane would be in this catagorey as well.

Or even better yet do the black fox and make the black cat his daughter as they did in the 90s cartoon. They could do a goosd story around that.

The Lizard at this point is obvious.

I could see them going a couple directions with Kraven. Somone that hunts for sport and thus hunts the spider, but perhaps his appeal is he things animal cruelty is wrong, because it's all about the hunt and balance with nature. And if you do Kraven do add the Chamelon? They are brothers after all.

Tombstone was a calssmate of robbie's even though he has been a minor character in the movies.

Of course special effects wise I thing swarm would be cool,

Bring back Venom some how and do him a bit more justice.

I would also love to see a movie start with a quick scene of him capturing like Rhino or Scorpion or something. And what about the whole JJJ creating ad guys to take out spider-man? There is a whoe movie for 5.

4 - lizard
5 - JJJ pays a scientist to take ot spidey which can be scorpion, rino spider slayers or all 3.
6 - sinister 6

I think that's it!

At first, I too wanted to see The Lizard & Kraven the Hunter in Spider-Man 4... Unfortunately, I am not particularly keen on the idea of using a "Kraven's last hunt" type scenario, simply because I prefer to see fresh and original story ideas for the movies. With this in mind, my concept goes as follows:

Spider-Man 4: The Lizard & Black Cat
Yes, I am aware that Black Cat doesn't have many "fans" here, but I think she could easily replace Kraven the Hunter and allow for some interesting plot ideas. Also, I would change her character and make her older than Spider-Man, eventually becoming more of a "mentor" kind of figure, instead of a lover, which he has plenty of at the moment.

Spider-Man 5: Mysterio & Electro
I believe that together, these 2 villains have a lot of potential. Of course, Mysterio would be staying "true" to his origins and be on a quest for revenge, after getting fired from his work. As for Electro, I had a different idea in mind, in order to make him a character people can feel for... he would only be influenced in a bad way by Mysterio. For the moment, I prefer to keep that concept under wraps, as it is not finalized yet.

Spider-Man 6: The Vulture & Scorpion
No, I am not the least bit interested in The Sinister Six. I would use the version of The Vulture from the 90's cartoon series, meaning he would absorb people's "energy" to regain his youth. As for Scorpion, his creation would be the result of J. Jonah Jameson's founding and would have more of an "high-tech" appearance. Finally, in order to create some kind of "escalation" to the series, I would add Spider-Man's transformation into Man-Spider into the mix and have him kill Black Cat for drama.

... this would be a perfect trilogy, in my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"