Sequels Spider Man villains...any left with heart?

SM4-Lizard/Kraven/Man-Spider/Gwen Stacy takes MJs place as a love interest.
SM5-Sinister Six
SM6-Dopple Ganger/Ben Reilly/Reurn of Norman Osborn/Death of Gwen Stacy/Death of Ben Reilly/MJ and Pete get back togethor at the end.
SM7-Peter and Mj get married/drive off for thier honeymoon/ turns out MJ has a stalker/Hydroman is that stalker/return of Venom/carnage

Sinister Six, as good as it sounds on paper...just wouldn't work in a two hour movie.
As for Doppleganger/ Ben Reilly. We've already seen Venom, who is essentially the anti-Spider-Man. It would seem like a repeat.

about suicide, I watched fritz lang's "scarlett street" last night, packed with a murder on screen(stabbing with Ice pick) attempted suicide by hanging where we see him hanging from the roof etc.

This was in 1945 and is a PG.

Suicide is no problem

I think Scorpion having ties to JJ Jameson can work. It's well know that JJ hates Spidey, so no probelm there. The Lizard is a given.

Don't know about Mysterio..maybe they can make him an effects guy on a film MJ is/has worked on to tie in his hatred for Spidey that way.

With the Goblin-Norman-Harry arc closed, the franchise now has the opportunity to take a different direction with the next films..only time will tell if this will be a good thing, or a bad thing.

btw, i would love to see a Man-Spider storyline sometime.

I agree that the Lizard and Kraven make the most sense for S-M4, and I like the idea of Mysterio and the Scorpion as the villains in S-M5.

One downside of Venom appearing in S-M3 is that it ruined the oppurtunity for Spider-Man 4-6 from being the "Venom Trilogy" much like how 1-3 has been the "Goblin Trilogy."

Venom didn't need a trilogy. His character is not that complex. In fact, he's one of the most one dimensional of the Spidey villains out there.

Raimi showed how easy Brock is to do in short screen time.

Venom didn't need a trilogy. His character is not that complex. In fact, he's one of the most one dimensional of the Spidey villains out there.

Raimi showed how easy Brock is to do in short screen time.

I'd say venom isn't that great for a whole arc, but in terms of the symbiote and the eddie brock arc that is the pre-cursor for the actual venom character. Venom is a one trick pony, but the build up is potentially amazing, with the tormenting that can be done etc...

obviously Shocker will be brought in as the man who really really killed uncle ben. Heres how the next three moves will go.

Sandman did shoot uncle ben but didnt kill him, Herman Schultz who was also running away from a robbery tripped over uncle ben, and then shot him, so now we think Shocker killed uncle ben. Then in 5 we find out Chamelon was wandering down the street after Sandman shot uncle ben and after shocker shot uncle ben, in attempts to gain uncle bens idenitity and noticing the man was close to death, chameleon then shot uncle ben. Chameleon tries to impersonate ben but then realizes he came from poor family so his plan is foiled. Then in 6 we find Ben didnt die from being shot by sandman, shocker, or chameleon, in all actuality uncle ben was giving birth to a clone of spiderman, Ben Riley and that ben was also a host for a symbiote. so we get ben riley and carnage...and im just making crap up because i despise that characters need to be severly altered to work. Sandman sucked in the comics and was slightly better then a yawn in the movie.

Whos still a good villian?:
Lizard- obvious at this point

Kraven- for reasons over a million people listed

Scorpion-Gets made into a villian, has shown in comics/cartoon he can be the sympathy villian Raimi loves.

Mysterio: Movie Career failed blames MJ or Spidey depending how they go.

i say bring back green goblin!!they definitly have to do his return.

obviously Shocker will be brought in as the man who really really killed uncle ben. Heres how the next three moves will go.

Sandman did shoot uncle ben but didnt kill him, Herman Schultz who was also running away from a robbery tripped over uncle ben, and then shot him, so now we think Shocker killed uncle ben. Then in 5 we find out Chamelon was wandering down the street after Sandman shot uncle ben and after shocker shot uncle ben, in attempts to gain uncle bens idenitity and noticing the man was close to death, chameleon then shot uncle ben. Chameleon tries to impersonate ben but then realizes he came from poor family so his plan is foiled. Then in 6 we find Ben didnt die from being shot by sandman, shocker, or chameleon, in all actuality uncle ben was giving birth to a clone of spiderman, Ben Riley and that ben was also a host for a symbiote. so we get ben riley and carnage...and im just making crap up because i despise that characters need to be severly altered to work. Sandman sucked in the comics and was slightly better then a yawn in the movie.

Scorpion-Gets made into a villian, has shown in comics/cartoon he can be the sympathy villian Raimi loves.

i hope you're wrong... im kinda over who killed uncle ben.

i hope you're wrong... im kinda over who killed uncle ben.

I hope im wrong too, i was just poking a little fun at the uncle ben shooting thing. I thought there could be a more creative reason for sandman and spiderman to do battle. So i was just mocking it by having random people shoot uncle ben. I also hope that its never revisited.

Dennis Carradine should have shot Uncle Ben.

But I moved on, so everyone else should...

I hope im wrong too, i was just poking a little fun at the uncle ben shooting thing. I thought there could be a more creative reason for sandman and spiderman to do battle. So i was just mocking it by having random people shoot uncle ben. I also hope that its never revisited.

wow. i TOTALLY missed the joke, as blunt and in your face s it was!

hahahah!

hilarious, btw.

By part 7 Peter Parker will have been the one who shot Ben.

I think Kraven and Cameleon have great potential for good stories. Not neccesarily connections to peter though.

But that is why Kraven should be paired with the Lizard, for all the reasons stated. He doesn't neccesarily have to commit suicide, but he should because it would make the character more interesting. And since Lizard is usually a big creature who usually can't talk it would be good to have Spidey face another maskless villain.

And I would love to see Mysterio as his connection to MJ in particular could be a nice change and give her more to do in terms of the villains storylines. He could almost be a stalker. The main problem with Mysterio is getting general audiences to believe in him and find him threatening since he is often very campy and bizzare.

and I know everyone else wants a throwaway villain in the opening scene. But I think this is a rather lame and obvious opening. I like to be surprised by the opening scenes. If he is going to battle anyone, It could be cool for Shocker and Cletus Kassidy to be robbing a place pre supervillains. As a nod to the fans and to open them up for future installments since Carnage I hate to say is an inevitability.

I think Hobgoblin should be saved for way down the line in a more reboot type setting where they overhal the series to make it fresh again. It would be the perfect way to do something old that is new again.

How about all the earths in alternate dimensions are about to be destroyed because of Galactus and Kingpin has found a machine that can open portals to these dimensions where the villains in those dimensions have already killed their spider-man and Kingpin makes them a deal that they can't walk away from.

That he will transport them to his realm before their planets is destroyed if they will join his team to kill spidey.A little Sinister Six idea,a way to bring back all the dead villains from the previous movies.

I didn't kill him though, there was a whole queue of people ready to shoot him, we drew straws to see which part we could shoot :)

Why stop there? Uncle Ben even shot Uncle Ben. Aunt May too.

back on topic.....

I think if they want to do a big arc, perhaps Conners? Don't have the lizard in 4, but ait till number 6? Bring him in as an important character more? Have him helping with Peter's 'man-spider' like mutation?

Kraven would be a brilliant stand alone story, like the last hunt etc.

Also get Mysterio playing mind games with him? Would be fun. We don't need personal links as such!

The Lizard will be the personal badguy in number 6!

Kraven will come hunting for spidey in 4, as his man-spider mutation begins going nuts, conners helps him out.

Five can have Mysterio and shocker, but they do not team up! they are opposed as well! Conners becomes more of a biologist(after being a physicist in sm3) and starts experimenting at the end.

6 sees conners become the lizard about 3 thirds of the way through, after peter has dealt with a new foe in the opening, perhaps vulture?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"