• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Apple releases the iPhone: anyone getting it?

Crooklyn

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/09/the-apple-iphone/
Capping literally years of speculation on perhaps the most intensely followed unconfirmed product in Apple's history -- and that's saying a lot -- the iPhone has been announced today. Yeah, we said it: "iPhone," the name the entire free world had all but unanimously christened it from the time it'd been nothing more than a twinkle in Stevie J's eye (comments, Cisco?). Sweet, glorious specs of the 11.6 millimeter device (that's frickin' thin, by the way) include a 3.5-inch wide touchscreen display with multi-touch support and a proximity sensor to turn off the sensor when it's close to your face, 2 megapixel cam, 4GB or 8 GB of storage, Bluetooth with EDR, WiFi that automatically engages when in range, and quadband GSM radio with EDGE. Perhaps most amazingly, though, it somehow runs OS X with support for Widgets, Google Maps, and Safari, and iTunes (of course) with CoverFlow out of the gate. A partnership with Yahoo will allow all iPhone customers to hook up with free push IMAP email. Apple quotes 5 hours of battery life for talk or video, with a full 16 hours in music mode -- no word on standby time yet. In a twisted way, this is one rumor mill we're almost sad to see grind to a halt; after all, when is the next time we're going to have an opportunity to run this picture? The 4GB iPhone will go out the door in the US as a Cingular exclusive for $499 on a two-year contract, 8GB for $599. Ships Stateside in June, Europe in fourth quarter, Asia in 2008.

dsc_0182.jpg

dsc_0176.jpg

dsc_0184.jpg

More pics at the link above.

That looks incredibly cool, but I already have an iPod.

Nah. I think I'll stick to what I've got. Bit too fancy for me.

wow, that's all kinds of cool and unnecessary :up:

I'm still waiting to see that iPod that is fully touch-screen and plays widescreen movies when tilted to the side.

I'm still waiting to see that iPod that is fully touch-screen and plays widescreen movies when tilted to the side.
That's exactly what it does:

dsc_0186.jpg

dsc_0187.jpg

dsc_0188.jpg

I would've definitely gotten it based on that alone, but the storage is way too small for my collection. I need at least 20 gigs.

I must admit this looks really cool though:

dsc_0219.jpg

dsc_0217.jpg

I need a phone to make phone calls, not all that other **** thats why i have a mp3 player and desktop. and for $499 screw that

No, Apple advertised an iPod that could do the widescreen, full-touch screen capabilities last year.

I was all about getting it until I heard the prices. And it's a Cingular contract, which isn't my service.

if i wasn;t such a ardent N-Gage fan and i'd have the money i'd buy it, it realy looks impressive

No, Apple advertised an iPod that could do the widescreen, full-touch screen capabilities last year.
And that's exactly what it is. Jobs made the announcement of widescreen ipod, mobile phone, and internet communicator -- as an all-in-one product.

Like I said before, my only problem is the space. They shoulda went with hd-based memory instead of flash. But it's understandable, considering a lot of people drop their phones.

For some reason it feels like the `80s again. ;) I'll give you a minute to think about that.

And that's exactly what it is. Jobs made the announcement of widescreen ipod, mobile phone, and internet communicator -- as an all-in-one product.

Like I said before, my only problem is the space. They shoulda went with hd-based memory instead of flash. But it's understandable, considering a lot of people drop their phones.

Never mind then. That sucks :down

Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring....The Apple Phone!
Boop boo-ba doop dee doop!
Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring....The Apple Phoooooooooone!
I've got this feeling...
My wallet's reeling.
All in one! Oh what fun!
IRC, MP3, ABCDEFG....

Must...not be mean to her.....yyarRGH!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"