Application: DC: 1877

Batman

Dramatic Example
Reaction score
Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master: byrd_man; Master Bruce
(we're sharing the responsibilities of GMing)

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: For me: allstarbatman - YIM, [email protected] - MSN. For byrd: [email protected] - MSN.

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen: byrd and I are the only Co-GM's, as of this app. I'm sure we'll pick more, should the RPG become successful.

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: 2 GM's, obviously. (Because I've said it three times. :o) The GM's and mods would have fair enforcement of the rules, and I would personally offer my ideas or imput on characters and story arcs to anyone who needed them... but overall, how each character is handled would be up to the player in question. The RPG would be led on a season-by-season basis, each season lasting the standard six month period. (Something we're going to be strict about)

Premise of RPG (Must be a paragraph or longer):

They say there are legends forged in the Old West, during the times of civil war and an age dawning on a new way of life for the world. But what no one could ever concieve was an age of superheroes, among them! In the thralls of a world of gunslingers and outlaws, DC Comics' most iconic characters are reimagined into a point of view before their time. Heroes and villains chanelled by modern skeptics and scientific genius are forced to become legends in a world where law and order is represented by a gun, and survival becomes one's greatest weapon. But are the destinies of some of the world's greatest heroes in the making doomed to repeat themselves? Or with a new world, will there come a new history? There is only one answer, in the year of 1877. The dawning of heroes. The birth of villains.

The good, the bad, and the legendary.

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences): There's never really been a period RPG, beyond some of the missions in Multiversers: Hypertime... so for one thing, the RPG presents a challenge to it's players to enact a way of life none of us could possibly live, and really get creative. There's also the benefits of, quite simply, having a new appreciation for a cherished, though scarce genre of entertainment, blending it in with a common love we all share, that being comic books.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose: The "DC: 1877" RPG

Example Of Characters Application:

DC: 1877 RPG APPLICATION

Screenname:

Character you would like to play:

Brief background, up until this point:

Powers (if none, state his/her human abilities):

Residence/Base of operations:

List three changes, in detail, you're going to make to this character in keeping it within the theme of the RPG:

Do you have an instant messenger? If so, what is your screenname?:

Describe your character's uniform (To give the others an idea of how your character looks):

Please provide a short sample post, three sentences, and one line of dialogue being the minimum:

Think it just got turned down though...i cant tell between playful banter and seriousnes...

And another RPG I'm going to get addicted to. :csad:
I am so in. Let the brainstorming begin.

I just hope we can drum up interest. Many people like superheroes. Many people like westerns (Although not as many as before) the problem is finding someone who likes both, like myself.

Well i'm in...Now Black Mask or Rupert Thorne...*ponders*

Why not both? MB and I talked about 2nd characters, although we're not sold on it all together.

Yeh, but they're both basically the same. And you cant play two seedy tavern owners...

...Flash Rogue? I've got ideas for a bunch of them.

Im up for this - never done one of these before, where do i start?

Hmm...*scuttles off to see who is technically classed as a flash rogue apart from Zoom and Murmur*

Hmm...*scuttles off to see who is technically classed as a flash rogue apart from Zoom and Murmur*

Captain Cold
Heatwave
Captain Boomerang
Weather Wizard
Trickster
Mirror Master
Pied Piper
Golden Glider
Double Down
Girder
Tar Pit
Savitar

Erm..

Grodd?
Mirror Master I?
Mirror Master II?
Captain Cold?
Captain Boomerang?
Heatwave?
The Top?
Weather Wizard?

Plenty. :cwink:

:wow: I now have to be both Double Down and Black Mask. A mystic gambler, what better story for the Old West?

I know who I'm intending on picking up if this gets approved.

Michael Holt. (AKA Mister Terrific) :up:

Who to play.... Oh duh! Nightwing!!!

Might have to wait and see if that can be done. I know Marvel's Finest wanted to play Robin, but he never specified which one it is, so you may not have that option.

I'd have little problem with it, since I planned on playing Batman as an established crimefighter anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"