Sequels Aquaman 2 General Discussion & Speculation Thread

There is another option, Manta kills Tom Curry and Atlanna, Orm and Arthur will join forces to get revenge, maybe Orm realizes that he gave Manta the weapons that have caused his mothers death, at the end he would sacrifice himself to save Arthur and therefore redeeming himself.

This would definitely hit the emotional notes when it comes to making this sequel even better than the first Aquaman film

'Aquaman' Producer on Spinoff and the Wait for a Sequel

“[Hamada], myself and James Wan always shared the same philosophy, which is: You want to do it right,” Safran said. “You don’t want to do it fast. You just want to do it right.”

The producer said Warner Bros. did not pressure them to move faster on a sequel.

I just hope that for this film they take their time much like they did for the first Aquaman and Wan if he comes back being the perfectionist he is I hope he doesn't release footage until like after Comic Con 2022

Some news on returning cast members and a swing at the plot:

'Aquaman 2' Release Date, Cast, Plot, Other Details Unveiled

Since the movie will be released in 2022, don't expect the trailer until late 2021. Meanwhile, as for the cast of Aquaman 2, Jason Momoa will of course return as Arthur Curry/Aquaman. The actor has been keen for the sequel, and he pitched an idea for it while still shooting the first movie. Other cast members to join Momoa in the sequel includes Amber Heard (Mera), Patrick Wilson (Orm), Willem Dafoe (Vulko), Yahya Abdul-Mateen (Black Manta), Nicole Kidman (Atlanna), and Dolph Lundgren (Nereus). Some speculated Julie Andrews would also return as Karathen.

The plot of Aquaman 2 will likely focus on the early days of the reign of the new King Aquaman, possibly deals with the first threat he encountered as Lord of Atlantis. Speaking of threats, there are some villains left from the first movie - such as Orm/Ocean Master. He is the villainous half-brother of Aquaman, who might have been stopped but the latter crucially spares his life. So, there's a chance he might be coming back to the sequel to haunt them. Black Manta will also be back as he's the greatest foe of Aquaman.

I really enjoyed the visuals of the first one. Also the scale of the ocean. There were some cool shots that showed just how big the sea really is. There are scenes where you can't even see which way is up. This movie reminded me of tron underwater, the visuals and sounds had a hint of tron 2.0 in them.

I wonder if Garth/Tempest will show up eventually?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"