• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Homecoming Armpit Webs: The Thread

Whiskey Tango

Avenger
Reaction score
Spidey's costume has had armpit webbing on and off throughout his career in the comics, but has never been portrayed in the movies. Considering we've had 5 Spider-Man movies that have all been massive critical & commercial failures, simple logic & reasoning point to the lack of armpit webbing as the reason why. It is time to stop the madness. Put armpit webs on the new Spider-Man costume.

2ESq1pL.jpg

86sSe83.jpg
qfJAKrC.jpg

oywXS03.jpg

Last edited:
why the hell not?... I'm for it... if it's done right and looks good, then go with it...

I would love the pit webs. They could help him glide through the air while swinging.

I'm all for it. As long as the design is not too large and ends up being a distraction, I like the idea.

Personally, I detest the armpit webs. They just don't look good to me...they remind me of armpit hair and it's kinda gross. It also looks like it would feel really weird to have webbing under my arms, and lastly, it just looks like they restrict Spidey from full arm mobility, lol.

I'm all for it. As long as the design is not too large and ends up being a distraction, I like the idea.

ya some of the old Ditko drawings in particular are way too big, like a pair of saggy mini capes. I think they work best when you only see them when he raises his arms. Not necessarily functional so much as cool looking.

No going to happen. Why too impractical, especially for a character who moves the way Spider-Man does.

Imagine the deodorant endorsements they could get for Spidey if they go this route?

Avi Arad supports! :up:

avi-the-long-forgotten-buffoonery-of-avi-arad.jpeg

ya some of the old Ditko drawings in particular are way too big, like a pair of saggy mini capes. I think they work best when you only see them when he raises his arms. Not necessarily functional so much as cool looking.

I guess they could be functional but cool looking is more what I'd be about with the design. Most of the pics you posted have good sized webs that would fit that bill. Minus the Kirby cover drawing though...they almost look a bit too large in that one.

I've never been a fan of Armpit webbing.

It doesn't look good and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It would probably look even worse in live action.

No, they won't look good when he's not swinging.

I wonder if anyone has realized that if you vote "NO" in the poll. You're still voting "YES." lol

Haha you know, I've always wondered about the armpit webs. Are they actually part of Spidey's costume, or are his pits the only part of his body where he's able to naturally create webbing? If it's the latter, then he should just ditch the webshooters and use his pit-webbing when he's fighting bad guys. Imagine getting wrapped up in webbing that not only makes you completely immobile, but also smells like B.O.? Of course, that might make Spidey seem a little too cruel.

Haha you know, I've always wondered about the armpit webs. Are they actually part of Spidey's costume, or are his pits the only part of his body where he's able to naturally create webbing? If it's the latter, then he should just ditch the webshooters and use his pit-webbing when he's fighting bad guys. Imagine getting wrapped up in webbing that not only makes you completely immobile, but also smells like B.O.? Of course, that might make Spidey seem a little too cruel.
I guess you could say that Spidey would have an under-army. :word:

Yes, but much rather have the cartridge belt and wrists

spider-man.jpg

I'd be fine with 'em if they weren't big and didn't take me out of the movie.

I'd be for them if they could pull them off in live action. Something small and subtle like the first three pics in the thread would be a good basis to start with imo.

While we are discussing arm-pit webs, why not add spider-signal ?

(I want to see it !) :oldrazz:

asm22.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"