• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Homecoming Armpit Webs: The Thread

I don't think they're worth the trouble.

Plus I'm worried they'll look really stupid in a live action movie.

What if he is falling down from the lack of webs snd he just says " aww man, i should've included those web armpits i designed to hold my fall" or something like that

I'd like to see the web pits... sure! It'd be interesting to see how it would be done, but it'd be a nice touch to reference the original design. If not, no biggie. I've seen some fanmade suits with the big pits and it tends to look pretty neat.

What if he is falling down from the lack of webs snd he just says " aww man, i should've included those web armpits i designed to hold my fall" or something like that
Improvise.
Show us how smart he is.

I wouldn't really be mad if they were, but I'd rather not have them included.

Something like early Spidey? I don't think that would work.
Armpit webs that are ripped? That can work.

For me I said it before. Armpits webbing would be cool to see. But counting on size and how it's done practical or cgim I don't think logistically it would work out great. I still say if they where to do it do it more for a gag scene.

If they can find a way to pull it off convincingly and in an aesthetically-pleasing way, then absolutely I'd like to see it.

For me like I said above. If it's practical effects i see it limiting movements tom and his stunt folks. Or if it's cg it's just wasting money that could be going elsewhere.

Last edited:
It won't limit his stunts if it's not crazy big.

Seriously. It won't.

Also, very nice poll. XD

Could be I am just throwing out thoughts on how it could lead to problems again counting on size and what materials it be. Personally I doubt they will do Web pits on suit fully. I still feel it could be a thing as I said before for a gag in one scene of the film.

As long as it looks good, I'm fine with or without them.

No thanks. They look terrible and would look even worse in live action.

I still doubt we will see pits. Again if anything I expect maybe for a gag like I said before.

I really hoped at one point we'd see them in live action. The more I think about how they would look, the more I don't want them... They'd look terrible when his arms were down. I think it's a comic aesthetic that needs to stay in the comics.

I think it could work for the cheap home-made costume. I can't imagine the homemade costume is supposed to be awe inspiring, so they might put 'em on there because they'd look silly in live action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"