Arrested Development - Part 1

If they wanted this to be it, it works I think. If they want to come back they could also work the ending into something.

It feels like an appropriate ending to me.

So I don't know if I like Cobie Smulders or Kristen Wiig more as Young Lucille.

They're both great. Those scenes are pretty much the only things that made these eps worth watching for me.
I just finished and... I didn't like this season that much. The last bit really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Buster did kill Lucille 2 was a bit morbid to end the series on.

Count me in the group that thinks this should have ended at season 3 and maybe should have done a movie for Netflix instead.

[QUOTE="LibidoLoca, post: 37508795, member: 103979"

Buster did kill Lucille 2 was a bit morbid to end the series on.

[/QUOTE]

I thought of that more like one of those fake previews they sometimes do at the end of an episode... It kind off does ruin the character for me if it's real...

I think they rewrote the ending and changed a lot of stuff. Like I thought it was weird how
DeBrie and Murphy Brown were getting a lot of screentime the entire season, and then at the end Tobias just says they left him... without showing why or how

I haven't watched the recent episodes. I barely could stomach the first half of the season. I will erase it from my memory and just treasure the first 3 seasons.

The progression of Michael’s facial expressions in this scene is lowkey a Top 5 AD moment for me.

Jessica Walter was a legend.

5d8b48de163f4750ef437a5187c64b76.gif

03d5ca86fe1bc1bf0c48d69de7f1755b.gif

Always wild to catch Mitchell Hurwitz’s name in a Golden Girls rerun.

Rewatching S4 for the first time since it came out and I had forgotten about the uncanny valley nightmare fuel that is Buster’s giant hand.

Also the amount of Veep folks popping up during this season is truly out of control.

Which version are you watching? I found the edited version to be overly recap happy. I kept hearing Ron Howard explain to me what Fakeblock is and who Rebel was.

I’ve been watching the re-edit (I don’t even know if S4 even still exists in its original form?) and yeah, I have noticed they lean heavily on narration, but if my rewatch of the series has shown me anything, it’s that that has kind of always been the case. I think Ron’s narration did a lot of heavy lifting in regards to making sure casual viewers weren’t left completely lost by the show’s rapid pace.

The whole Fakeblock and Rebel storyline was meandering to me.

Watching S5 for the first time and I can get behind Cobie Smulders as young Lucille (even if I feel like Wiig did it better), but they’re 0 for 2 on casting Young George Sr.

Her swinging that fire poker gets me every time.

Just crazy that the main thing that made Netflix what it is today is leaving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"