Arrested Development - Part 1

If I have one major complaint about the season it is that they got every character in except one. Where the **** was [blackout]Franlkin[/blackout]!?!?

MelandFranklin_zps4a360df3.jpg

How could anyone not like the Maeby episode...?

Maeby, Lucille and Gob got the lion's share of humor this time around.

But I think it is actually a natural progression for Michael. Michael is a Bluth. Throughout the series he has shown many Bluth-ish flaws. He was the rock in order to hold the family together. But at the end of season 3, he finally made the choice to stop being that rock. This is the result. Especially when the one person reigning in his Bluth instincts (his son) went away to college. Michael needs to be needed. Michael needs his family as much as they need him. This season has really explored what happens to Michael without them.

Exactly.

After watching the 4th season, and thinking of the seasons before, this season only shows that Michael needs them as much as they needed Michael.

Michael had all the flaws before last season. He's always been stubborn, self-absorbed, manipulative, self-righteous and like others said, narcissistic. Him without the family took all of his negative qualities to Nth levels to the point that he ends up alienating everyone by the end of the season.

Oh, and this show ruined "Sound of Silence" for me. :funny:

Just finished watching the season. The GOB and George Michael episodes were by far my favorite. While it was an interesting concept for season 4, I do hope they go back to the ensemble format rather than focusing on a particular character. The Lindsey and George Sr. episodes were probably the least funniest IMO. The ending begs for more seasons. I would much rather have another season of 12-15 episodes rather than a 2 hour movie.

The George episodes were not great.

[YT]Vk9g6mYSuBw[/YT]

Just finished watching the season. The GOB and George Michael episodes were by far my favorite. While it was an interesting concept for season 4, I do hope they go back to the ensemble format rather than focusing on a particular character. The Lindsey and George Sr. episodes were probably the least funniest IMO. The ending begs for more seasons. I would much rather have another season of 12-15 episodes rather than a 2 hour movie.
Yeah, I agree. We really didn't get 15 episodes. When it comes down to it, this whole season was really just one 7 hour long episode. There is really no other way to look at this season. It was interesting. Watching how all of the stories tie together is great. It would be fun (but exhausting) to try to watch the season chronologically. But next season, I'd prefer a more linear, episodic, ensemble approach.

Was the doctor in the Buster episode the Literal Doctor?

Best running gag: The Sound of Silence
Worst running gag: Andy Richter and his Twin brothers

I enjoyed the Richter brothers, especially Conan being a jerk to Andy.

Gene Parmesans return was glorious. "I thought it was that guy!" :: points at black man::

I enjoyed the Richter brothers, especially Conan being a jerk to Andy.

Does Andy though really need four twins?

They were missing a Richter girl, played by Andy in drag. That would have made it better.

Needed more Bob Loblaw.

But a lot of Barry is always good.

I agree that the George Sr. episodes were the weakest. More than others, he benefits from the ensemble cast and the estrogen jokes were so obvious that it wasn't really funny to me.

I surprisingly really liked Buster's.

The hand jokes I really loved, especially the part with the swing, and the parts with him hitting Love. Not to mention the literal doctor. Though it had the least reveals continuity wise.

Last edited:
I found Buster to have the weakest show.
Agreed. Though it's neck-and-neck with George Sr.'s eps for me.

EDIT: Someone else pointed this out - check out Lucille's prisoner number:

tumblrmnjaj4r1za1qz9pme.png

"Hello" upside down. Annyong. :D

Last edited:
I surprisingly really liked Buster's.

The hand jokes I really loved, especially the part with the swing, and the parts with him hitting Love. Not to mention the literal doctor. Though it had the least reveals continuity wise.

I lost it when they gave him the kitten to hold and the soldier in the room with him was sweating and freaking out.

Gob's episode was great. Also, I'm kind of in to Mae Whitman.

So far I watched the first episode of the new season,please tell me it gets better :(

I got to say I completely disagree with any critic that gave this season any sort of negative review. Sure, some episodes aren't as amazing as others, but it almost seems they're going out of their way to put down the show due to the overwhelming hype and expectation built up for a new season over the last seven years

It seems like most critics put up a review after only a few episodes. Arrested Development is the type of show where there are so many layers and jokes set up for later that you really need to review it as a whole season. I appreciate and like the first few episodes a lot more after seeing how things played out a few episodes later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"