• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Arrested Development - Part 1

I just finished episode 6 and I love the show! I find Michael episodes to be the most boring. George sr. episodes were amazing, especially the second one.

Can't wait for GOB's episode. He is my favorite character.

There needs to be more of this show for one reason alone.

I want Tobias and Maeby to bond over the fact that they are both registered sex offenders.

You know those scenes will be gold.

So far I watched the first episode of the new season,please tell me it gets better :(

It does, especially the Gob episodes and the running gag in those episodes. The Tobias episodes were good too.

I just finished the second Tobias episode. So far, Gob's episode has been my favorite.

"Hello, Anus Tart."

"And she didn't even see the license plate."

:lmao:

So far I watched the first episode of the new season,please tell me it gets better :(

Same here and I found it to be kind of weak. I'm sure the season will pick up as it goes along but i'm not liking what i've been reading, these character specific episodes.

The humor in this show works best with the family all being there together, or a few of them at a time at least.

I'm looking forward to GOB's episode the most. He's hands down the funniest character on the show.

Last edited:
All in all, pretty hit and miss. It's more of a reunion season without everyone actually being together :)

Liza Minelli did a great job as Lucille 2 this season. Any time her and Lucille were going at it made me laugh and it was nice seeing her interact with some of the other cast members.

just finished watching Season 4, some thoughts:

- I liked the structure of this season. The season is one big story, and each episode is connected some way or fashion. I like it better than each episode it's own. That way, it makes me watch each episode again.

- my only complaint is the pacing is too fast, if i blink i miss something, if i stop paying attention for 5 seconds i will miss something. I understand why the show got cancelled. It doesn't give the audience time to breath lol. No wonder the show was more popular digitally than live on TV back in the day.

- Like what Maeby said, I rather have Arrested Development has a TV show rather than a 1.5 hour movie. Either get this show on Comedy Central or HBO or Showtime. With how the world is now, this show will work today with Video on Demand, HBO Go on iPAD, etc.

- [blackout]the last shot of George Michael punching Dad Michael, that was intense. So is Michael a bad father, too controlling...... or did George Michael finally took charge of his life?[/blackout]

- It's like everybody got older, except Jason Bateman haha, this dude doesn't age.

- Lindsey need to GAIN WEIGHT. She is too skinny, doesn't look good. I miss this
Picture-11-e1339596018720.png

Just finished the new episodes. Overall, they weren't as good as any of the original three seasons, but it was awesome to catch up with the characters again. The best episodes were the Gob, Tobias and Lucille episodes. I just hope that should they make more (and they probably will), they should ditch the "each episode is about a different character" angle. I'd rather they go back to the story structure of the first three seasons.

The best new recurring jokes were "Showstealer Pro", "The Sounds of Silence", and the "Getaway" song.

But seriously, they do a "Mr. F" callback but no Franklin or chicken dance? "Come on!"

Just finished the new episodes. Overall, they weren't as good as any of the original three seasons, but it was awesome to catch up with the characters again. The best episodes were the Gob, Tobias and Lucille episodes. I just hope that should they make more (and they probably will), they should ditch the "each episode is about a different character" angle. I'd rather they go back to the story structure of the first three seasons.

The best new recurring jokes were "Showstealer Pro", "The Sounds of Silence", and the "Getaway" song.

But seriously, they do a "Mr. F" callback but no Franklin or chicken dance? "Come on!"

I know the reason they did this was because of scheduling conflicts with the cast, but looking back most of the three seasons have the characters doing their own thing anyway, and then meeting up with Michael for a snarky interchange to move the plot(s) forward. For season 5 (if/when they make one), if they had more concurrent storylines edited together while keeping them intricate and intersecting as with this season (showing previous scenes from diff. perspectives and so forth) it would help reduce the mixed reviews. And then you wouldn't need to wait seven episodes for the funniest character, COME ON!

"Please don't squeeze the shaman."

Has anyone figured out why a random Facebook chat sound plays in each episode?

- Jow

I think it's to play off the fact that many people watch it from their computer and to fool them into thinking they have a message. While I was watching it, I kept hearing it and checking my computer. DAMN YOU PAVLOV! :argh:

The Sounds of Silence gag was my favorite gag by a lot.

I don't think the character-centric approach is at all a problem. The feeling and tone of the show is the same and still hilarious with tons of small gems to pick up on when re-viewing it. The one thing I think just makes it feel a bit different, although not necessarily in a negative way, is the length of the episodes. an extra 10+ minutes per episode is quite noticeable. But if you binge watch the show, it honestly feels the same, pretty cool how the one big story flows together so well.

this whole new season feels like one big long episode. pretty cool when you go back and re-watch it all. this, in addition to the character centric episodes is a pretty unique format.

I loved the new season. I really don't understand all the hate it's getting. The only thing I really missed seeing was the chicken dance, but with the way it ended, I have hopes there'll be another season for it.

I loved this season, but I do agree that the next one(s) shouldn't have this format. It's fine for just one season.

Also, the chicken joke was in there! George Micheal was talking to a girl (Rebel?) outside and was about to show her what a chicken sounds like. Like every other member of his family, he failed. He put one leg up like Captain Morgan and said something like "cluck" in a deep voice. He was interrupted before really doing it, though. Sorry I can't remember the episode! I binged twice, so everything just blurred together.

so far Ive only watched the first 2 episodes, and I dont care for the new characters.

I didn't either, still don't really. But they go to some new good places with old recurring characters.

I really hope someone does an online timeline for each character and season 4 as a whole. It was really hard keeping track of some of the plot lines, especially when they'd throw flash forwards and flashbacks within flashbacks into them

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"