Sony Spin-Off Bad Bunny is El Muerto

I have a feeling we'll be getting far fewer of these once Kraven and Madame Web inevitably flop.

I have a feeling we'll be getting far fewer of these once Kraven and Madame Web inevitably flop.
After Kraven, name recognition will be non-existent. I keep forgetting the name for the Bad Bunny one and actually did forget that Madame Web was a thing. I guess they could be made for cheap but they could have a tough time getting the initial interest.

After Kraven, name recognition will be non-existent. I keep forgetting the name for the Bad Bunny one and actually did forget that Madame Web was a thing. I guess they could be made for cheap but they could have a tough time getting the initial interest.
You mean character name recognition I presume. Because main actor name recognition won't be as high as Morbius and Venom either.

You mean character name recognition I presume. Because main actor name recognition won't be as high as Morbius and Venom either.
Yes, but good point also.

What happened to that Silver and Black project? Surely at least Black Cat is somewhat of a recognizable name to bank on a product.

What happened to that Silver and Black project? Surely at least Black Cat is somewhat of a recognizable name to bank on a product.

It was cancelled years back after the director left to go direct The Old Guard. Sony then said they were gonna seperate the 2 characters into their own films then later on they said they were gonna try to revive Silver & Black as a TV show. But they said that a few years back and and in I doubt there's any movement on it at this point.

he's literately the reason that character even got considered for a movie... so, them moving forward with the project without him, makes even less since then the character getting their own movie in the first place

but, that being said, they were never really fitting for the role in the first place
(besides sharing a similar heritage and his personal love for wrestling) which is what attracted him to the character

and tho, an actual wrestler type might be more physically accurate to the character... I don't think the character is well known enough to build any type of hype for the film without a "name" attached too it (Bad Bunny was the only thing giving this any creditable) as he brings his own fan base

so, what Wrestlers/ or actors who are of that side would really fill in here?

I hope this project just dies now

I mean I don't really see the harm in them adapting these obscure characters for the big screen. Would I pay to watch it? Probably not. But the way folks act like these sorta projects just shouldn't exist is a little wild to me.

Why couldn't they just do a movie for Chameleon, Beetle, Hydro Man, Moltenman or Sandman?

I hope this will eventually gets canceled. At least with Venom, Morbius, Kraven and Madam Webb - those characters have been around for decades and appeared outside of the comics. El Muerte is just, its not even the bottom of the barrel, its like a microdirt of the barrel.

wait, why was I lowkey excited to see this thread bumped? believing it was back on

am I actually interested in this movie?

Last edited:
wait, why was I lowkey excited to see this thread bumped? believing it was back on

I'm I actually interested in this movie
Jokes aside, some of the alleged leaks about this movie sound interesting but I have zero faith in Sony to develop something good.

Sony is really scraping the bottom of the barrel with characters like this. El Muerto was like a one-off character who never really showed up again.

Madame Web isn't even a superhero. She was a side character in the comics who had clairvoyant powers. Why would you build a movie around such a character? She's not a character who carries her own movie.

There's no content or quality control at all with Marvel Sony here. They are picking the worst possible characters for solo movies when there are plenty of other characters they could actually build movies around.

Is this still happening or what?

Knowing Sony, they'll probably still go forward with it because they like burning money and are clinging to the Spider-Man rights for dear life.

Now if Big Wheel got his own movie? Then I'd change my mind. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"