Batman Begins Batman Begins is the greatest Batman Film to me.

You're part of the majority, but seriously, TDK had very few things going for it.

Watched BB a couple of nights ago with the missus and we loved it (I hadn't seen it in years; she not at all). Then we watched TDK last night, a film that I never really loved, and I was reminded of how it discarded some of the things I loved about BB (batcave, the Narrows). I never found the film to be very entertaining. I much preferred BB. Rachel also became so much more unbearable; there was no way I could get into the purported love triangle and emotional fallout when I despised the woman's every eye-roll. So yeah, from the Nolan films, it's BB for me (haven't seen TDKR yet).

TDK, and it's not even close for me. Damn near flawless. Truly a memorable piece of cinema.

BEGINS was very, very good but it has some things holding it back.

To be specific: 3rd act, Katie Holmes, and bits and pieces of un-necessary or forced comedic dialogue.

Seconded :up:

Batman Begins is my favourite film of all time

One of my fav all time films, the interaction with Lucious Fox is great and quite funny, "I'm going caving, I'm going base jumping".

Great story, acting, direction, music, perfection.

ZOMBIE said:
One of my fav all time films, the interaction with
Lucious Fox is great and quite funny, "I'm going caving, I'm going
base jumping".

Great story, acting, direction, music, perfection.

The story, acting (except Holmes and Murphy), music are great. The
script is weak, repetitive and bad dialogue are all over the place.
And the action is bad, and for a movie called Batman, when you cannot
see Batman certainly plays for the worse.

While I agree that TDK is a better film, I also agree with BB being the best Batman film.

While watching TDK, it didn't just feel like a Batman film. It's Nolan's Batman after all, and the changes made to the Joker and the rest of the city made it seem that much different.

While I'm not taking anything away from TDK, when I watch BB, I feel as if I'm watching a true comic book come to life, with scenes taken straight from the written pages (the bat call, for example).

I agree, it does have its flaws, but to me, it's still the best Batman film we have. TDKR comes close too, even more so than TDK, with the whole No Man's Land idea. Though TDK has The Long Halloween, I just feel as if the story itself is so unlike any comic. To me, I feel like I'm watching Criminal Minds: Batman edition.

There's nothing wrong with that, but to meet, BB will remain the best comic book movie.

Can anyone verify if Ra's mentions a son in Batman Begins? I so dont remember him saying that. I know he talks about his wife. Please help me clarify this. thanks!

I'm pretty sure he only mentions a child, never specified son or daughter.

I just watched the movie again today and realized just how great it really is. Not only is it entertaining, but it's also the most realistic of the three. The other two contain some notable plot holes, while this one really doesn't. I guess the only questionable thing is what happens to all the fear toxin. I mean yes, Bruce did ultimately defeat Ras, but what about the toxin that was already in the air? Otherwise it's great. It has really grown difficult for me to rank these movies.

I just watched it again and it's ...not that good. The title of best Batman/films (they aren't mutually exclusive) go to Batman Returns and TDK.

I just watched it again and it's ...not that good. The title of best Batman/films (they aren't mutually exclusive) go to Batman Returns and TDK.

Agreed. They're my top two favorites, too.

Last edited:
This is by far the greatest of all the Batman movies, it really is Bruce's story whereas in the sequels and all the films prior to that were more about the villains which is fine especially for sequels but this one reason Begins is the best for me.

Why was Bruce declared dead after the 7 years or whatever? I'm having a hard time understanding.

I still wish they would have let Bruce set himself up in Gotham for a while then have Batman show up. Bruce Wayne is gone 7 years and then Batman comes shortly after.

It's the weakest of the trilogy, IMO. TDK and TDKR were better in every possible way. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad film, because it's not. Still fantastic. Giving it 9/10.

1. TDK/TDKR
2. BB

I don't like th editing of the Dark Knight I find it very choppy. Don't know if thats to do with the screen switching from IMAX to normal every so often.

I prefer the atmosphere of Begins too, it has this realstic comic book feel to it. Whereas the sequels seem abit too real too me. I think each of Nolan's Bat-films are 10 out of 10 but I think Begins edges out the others for the fact that its a true Batman film.

It's the weakest of the trilogy, IMO. TDK and TDKR were better in every possible way. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad film, because it's not. Still fantastic. Giving it 9/10.

1. TDK/TDKR
2. BB

I do agree TDK is the best, but I think TDKR is by far the worst of the trilogy. Bane's plan and motives don't work for me, Cottiard was dull and pointless mostly. Hathaway was fantastic but we needed to see more of her. Gordon, Alfred, and Batman didn't get enough screen time, while Blake got too much.

TDK is probably one of the worst Batman movies, only slightly better than Schumacher's movies and the 60's movie.
angrybilbo1.jpg

I'm pretty sure he only mentions a child, never specified son or daughter.

No child mentioned at all, actually.

"Once I had a wife. My great love. She was... taken from me."

I probably enjoyed Batman Begins the most initially over all the other 3 films. I think basically my expectations were low, knew very little about the film going in, and was really surprised and pleased with this new take on Batman.
Expectations for TDK were alittle too high, so I think initially I felt alittle let down. Over time though, I suppose its actually the best of the 3 films.
TDKR? I had low expectations going in and so I wasn't overlly disappointed, nor surprised thats its my least favourite of the whole trilogy. Sometimes I wonder if Nolan actually died half way into this film, and the studio had a clone on standby to finish it off and make public appearances on his behalf.

I love Batman Begins. The score, the structure, the focus on Bruce Wayne, the origin story, the gradual build up to a fast paced third act, the dialogue, the way Gotham looks, Liam Neeson and Cillian, I could go on and on. Dammit, I love fear as well no matter how times it's said!

:jedi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"