Batman Beyond Animated Film Coming to Theatres!!!!

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
Warner Bros. Developing Animated ‘Batman Beyond’ Movie For Theatrical Release

Yes, you read that correctly.

After concept art of an unknown animated Batman movie was posted on r/DCEULeaks, The GWW did some digging and learned that the Warner Animation Group is working on an animated Batman Beyond movie that will be receiving a theatrical release.

Sources tell us that this is DC’s response to Sony’s incredibly successful animated movie ‘Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse’. They’re currently targeting a 2022 release but that is not set in stone. A cast and crew have not been announced. SuperBroMovies writer Daniel Ritchman also showed us a slate of when WAG movies will go into production, with a DC one in 2020. It’s likely that this is the 2020 project.

The film will be based on the 90s series of the same name, which saw high schooler Terry McGinnis take up the mantle of Batman under the wing of a retired Bruce Wayne in the year 2039. It ran for 52 episodes before ending in December 2001.

Concept Art Source: u/kintaro227 and u/jaceleak74

Holy ****! :eek::jd::mrk:

Though I admit, that tweet gives me the feeling this won't be set in the DCAU. :csad:

I’ve been waiting for this news for a long time!

Awesome! Hopefully it'll pave the way for a live action version.

kt1xgq8zm1d21.jpg

wd3j29gu1md21.jpg

Out of all the replacement Grayson or Azrael Batmans or the future Drake and Damien future Batmans.

Terry is my 2nd favorite Batman however I'm still cautiously pessimistic about them doing this movie right.

Yeah, WB prior to Spider verse had released lego batman (319 million..just short of what spiderman is doing)

And teen titans go which was done on a 10 million dollar budget made 50..still an incredibly good return.

I'm sure it might give more confidence to them that spider-verse did well, but it definitely isn't the main reasoning behind them pursuing this.

Still would like to see a live-action adaptation someday, but I'll take it.

Don't suppose WB could poach Phil Lord and Chris Miller for this one.

Lord and Miller did not direct Spider-verse. I feel bad that the actual directors are being ignored.

Good news! Hopefully they can get Keaton back to the do voice as elder Wayan and set it in the Burton universe with little to no mention of B&R

Nah, save Keaton for live action.

Cuz he’d totally do it. No doubt.

:csad:

Ehhh. Ive had my fill of Batman to last a lifetime, so I'm good. Though I find it funny they're raceswapping Terry... Guess the Batfamily isn't as diverse as the Spider-Family lol

I cannot wait! I'll take this until we get a live-action. I suspect the DC Super Pets project releasing in 2021 will be animated as well.

This is a great idea, I don't think the timing is right for live action.

I'm curious if it'll be 2D animation or CGI like Into the Spiderverse.

To me this feels like a reaction to the success of Into the Spider-Verse. But I'm still excited as Batman Beyond is a great concept and the animated series is fantastic. I don't think a live action movie is needed right now as WB first need to have a success Batman film series again.

To me this feels like a reaction to the success of Into the Spider-Verse. But I'm still excited as Batman Beyond is a great concept and the animated series is fantastic. I don't think a live action movie is needed right now as WB first need to have a success Batman film series again.

They've been doing this lmao

2017 The LEGO Batman Movie
2018 Teen Titans Go! To The Movies
:o

And probaly....

2019 Teen Titans vs Teen Titans Go!
2020 ?
2021 DC Pets

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics