Injustice Animated film coming!

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
DC Announces Injustice Movie

One of DC's most popular Elseworlds tales is officially getting the film treatment. On Wednesday, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment confirmed that an Injustice animated movie will be the next title in the studio's slate of animated films, spinning out of the popular video game and comic series of the same name. An advanced sneak peek of the film will be available as part of the upcoming home release for Batman: The Long Halloween, Part Two. No other details surrounding the project, including a voice cast or release date, are available at this time.

Eh... This is a premise that works fine with fighting games, but I don't know if it works for an animated film.

Aren't we sick of DARK versions of these characters?

I'm all for injustice on film, but animated? Really? :(

Surely a three part live action film independent of any other DC media would be the best result here.

I am praying very hard that they fix Wonder Womans role in this compared to the games. The games did her dirty and the fact that she always has to take Supermans side and end up in love with him is just overplayed. She out of everyone should be the one battling Superman.

I'm all for injustice on film, but animated? Really? :(

Surely a three part live action film independent of any other DC media would be the best result here.

....I think animated is best. Maybe an animated series would feel a bit refreshing.

This better be a trilogy because I don’t think they can explain the whole story in just one movie.

Ugh, really?

Look, I’d be fine with an alternate earth evil Superman movie, if we already had a bunch of movies of an actual good Superman to counterbalance that, and didn’t go to the well of evil Superman so many of times. However, we don’t. This concept seems to have been explored ad nauseum in the past decade, and not very well, (save for The Boys and Invincible, which are great because they deconstruct the concept of an evil Superman, not just doing an evil Superman type just because). Some filmmakers or writers think base Superman is boring and making him evil somehow makes him more interesting, when, in actuality, they aren’t smart enough or too lazy to think of ways to write him well, and don’t explore that concept beyond, “He’s evil! Oooooh, scary!”. If anything, evil Superman has become the boring, uninteresting cliche for how many times that concept has been pulled out of the ideas hat for the go-to example of writing the character. And when you have a show like “Superman and Lois”, which has done a wonderful job of writing Superman/Clark Kent as human and relatable while also maintaining his goodness, the decision to go to “evil Superman” so many times looks even worse and even lazier in comparison.

Sorry, but no thanks. Call me when this concept is put into cryostasis for a few decades and they’ve gotten actual Superman right in film for an extended period.

Last edited:
This better be a trilogy because I don’t think they can explain the whole story in just one movie.
Definitely. Injustice is one of my favourite comics of recent years (I own all the trades for both series), and I would love to see this done right.

I guess I understand why people are not excited, but DC animated stuff is usually pretty great. There's been a few misses over the years but so many more hits, imo.

Just recently replayed the first Injustice, I forgot how dated the graphics were for the cut scenes haha! Still a real fun game!

....I think animated is best. Maybe an animated series would feel a bit refreshing.
I don't know what it is, but I just catch watch animation.

If this is cinematic animation like the Injustice Trailers or films like RE Degeneration, Shrek, or a whole host of other films then great. That I can do, but essentially cartoons is something I cannot sit down in front of.

Not a gamer, so I really have no opinion on that part of it, but Tom Taylor’s comic kicked ass, so if they’re taking cues from that, I’m in.

Although, if they wanted to animated a Tom Taylor comic, I’d say go DCeased. At least that’s not one that’s been teased out in live action already.

Seems kind of redundante to do a Injustice movie after 2 games that already do the job fine.
I rather have them release the rumored third game.

And like others said, evil superman or Superhero turning bad is getting really stale at this point.
We get it, its a neat concept...but when everybody left and right does it, it gets boring rather quick.

When in the DC animated movies where Superman is evil??

Besides Gods and Monsters and Red Son where he ends up being a good guy at the end anyways.

Imagine they made this in the Man of Tomorrow universe. I doubt it because that Superman just started. But since they introduced the multi verse in Justice Society....they could make the Man of Tomorrow Superman and his super friends in their universe to be the ones who will be going to the Injustice Dimension to stop the evil Superman.

Part of me wishes DC would put a huge budget behind one of these animated films for a theatrical release. I think they have missed out on making some serious cash with that. Idk. I'm enjoying most of these animated films anyways!

Definitely. Injustice is one of my favourite comics of recent years (I own all the trades for both series), and I would love to see this done right.
Oh man. And I have always held your opinion in such high regard, my friend. But...

In all seriousness, Tom Taylor’s writing is very good and the comics are fairly riveting and epic in scope. But I really despise the fact that Superman goes full on evil, Flash is a stooge, and Hal is weak and easily manipulated. Wonder Woman is a lovestruck bully and Nightwing dies the weakest death imaginable. The characterizations are so awful, even if the story itself is good.

I would have preferred that they kept Superman morally ambiguous and keep the reader questioning whether he was right or wrong. Instead they make him a complete sociopath, when he started sympathetic.

The Injustice books based on the first game are absolutely fantastically written. Some of the best stuff DC comics has produced in the last two decades. Tom Taylor just gets the characters and utilizes the entire DC universe in such a fun way.

I've yet to really delve into the Injustice 2 books yet, though. Those worth it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"