• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BvS Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
No thanks. We've seen him. It's not like he doesn't have plenty of legit performances under his belt. This just seems... odd.

You guys raging...

I'm thinking Michael Keaton/Heath Ledger right now. Chillax.

But, both of those men had not played something like this before which we know has failed (and was partly his fault).

He can't pull off gruff, intimidating, tough, honest, truthful, suave, sexy, rich, smart, etc. EVERYTHING that is BATMAN...

He's a wonderful director, yes... and even at his best (his own films/Kevin Smith roles) he's still not all that great at acting. Last tough role he had was Mallrats and Dazed. Both, where he played a *****ebag.

He wasn't Daredevil at all, who we all know is basically a Batman wannabe.

Ben is so deadpan, he is one of the weakest parts of the great The Town.

Well...regardless of WHAT your official opinion is on all this, I think we can all universally agree that this is infinitely better than Orlando Bloom. :up:

Wow, liking this more and more as I think about it...at first I was just like "Huh?", cause it was unexpected. But I think its a strong choice...I really liked him in Daredevil, he wasn't the problem there, that was mostly Fox's interference and to a lesser degree the direction and writing(watch the Director's Cut if you don't believe me...its still not great, but its a marked improvement over the theatrical). I definetely think he has the LOOK...I've been waiting to see a more square-jawed Batman.

I like this better than Brolin.

Like it better than Armitage.

Like it so much better than Bloom.

I am starting to dig it.

I'm happy. I felt like we needed a name for Batman and Affleck is not only a name but he's arguably never been hotter or more respected as an actor than now.

But, both of those men had not played something like this before which we know has failed (and was partly his fault).

He can't pull off gruff, intimidating, tough, honest, truthful, suave, sexy, rich, smart, etc. EVERYTHING that is BATMAN...

He's a wonderful director, yes... and even at his best (his own films/Kevin Smith roles) he's still not all that great at acting. Last tough role he had was Mallrats and Dazed. Both, where he played a *****ebag.

He wasn't Daredevil at all, who we all know is basically a Batman wannabe.

Ben is so deadpan, he is one of the weakest parts of the great The Town.

A good script can change everything. He's not the reason Daredevil was a bad film.

Honestly, WB/DC should have wisen up. No one in Hollywood was good enough to put on Bale's Batboots.

They should have just made MOS2 and let Superman shine finally again...

And, let a no-name show up on their doorstep in a few years down the line.

I like this better than Brolin.

Like it better than Armitage.

Like it so much better than Bloom.

I am starting to dig it.

I need a moment to process. You're right though. He is better than either one of those guys.

Now it's time for the epic Affleck chin VS Cavill chin. Snyder casts by the chins, I tell ya! I like this already and it's not even been ten minutes yet since I've heard it and I've already warmed up to it. :D

A good script can change everything. He's not the reason Daredevil was a bad film.

He is never convincing as Daredevil... and that isn't to do with the script or his weird hairdo.

He was flat, boring, and soft.

tumblr_inline_mfpzoy3Dbi1r0tbdm.jpg

This is the most out of the blue casting announcement ever. Not even talking about the choice for Batman, but the actual timing. WTF?

Now it's time for the epic Affleck chin VS Cavill chin. Snyder casts by the chins, I tell ya! I like this already and it's not even been ten minutes yet since I've heard it and I've already warmed up to it. :D

Yeah too bad for Armitage:woot::woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back