• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

BvS Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to the Abrams pool here, but what about Matthew Fox or Josh Holloway? I remember watching Lost and thinking Fox would be a good Bruce and Holloway a good Batman.

Cobbled together some injustice assets from the game files and a head sculpt of Michael Fassbender I've been working on. Looking to have a nice groupshot of him and Cavill in the near future.

7tgBRxV.jpg

Going to the Abrams pool here, but what about Matthew Fox or Josh Holloway? I remember watching Lost and thinking Fox would be a good Bruce and Holloway a good Batman.
Sawyer will always have that accent lol.

Here are some choiceful choices:

Shia Labeuf

One of the guys from one direction.

The guy that played Jacob in Twiligth.

Thor's little brother.

Fox would nail the brood. He's also done athletic roles, and I think he could pull off the voice. I personally think he'd make a GREAT Batman, BUT he's pushing 50.

I started watching friday night lights, and in all honesty i think Taylor Kitsch wouldnt be a bad choice. When i see him my mind immediately goes to Jim Lees Bruce:
taylor_kitsch_300.jpg

Bruce_Wayne_06.jpg

Aside from his looks, hes a pretty decent actor, at least in the show and im assuming that talent doesnt really vary too much from work to work, hes got quite a deep voice, and as made apparent in FNL he can pull off the tortured soul thing as well as be charming and good looking and stuff. Idk if hes been mentioned before, but i think hes a good option.
taylor-kitsch-john-carter-premiere-06.jpg

Maybe hed be considered if John Carter and Battleship didn't fail so hard...
i think hes not that great of an actor though so I don't want him for the role, he doesn't look much like Bruce to me either

Maybe hed be considered if John Carter and Battleship didn't fail so hard...

Bingo. Like I said in another thread, even if he was a decent actor who could do the role justice: there is *zero* chance of it happening. Battleship and John Carter have basically destroyed his career as a leading man for the foreseeable future.

Bingo. Like I said in another thread, even if he was a decent actor who could do the role justice: there is *zero* chance of it happening. Battleship and John Carter have basically destroyed his career as a leading man for the foreseeable future.

See? Sometimes good things can come from bad things.

at this point, i hope Snyder & CO. just go with an unknown actor after seeing all the suggestions on here

People should post joke choices in italics, or something. It's getting increasingly hard to tell what is a lame joke and what is a terrible suggestion.

taylor kitsch would be an okay hal jordan. i actually don't have as much animosity towards him as some people seem to have. i dug john carter.

I also liked John Carter but felt it was despite rather than because of Kitsch.

Cobbled together some injustice assets from the game files and a head sculpt of Michael Fassbender I've been working on. Looking to have a nice groupshot of him and Cavill in the near future.

7tgBRxV.jpg
damn good stuff.

Ok, so I'm going to make a suggestion that may not be very popular, but I've thought deeply about this. How about Josh Hartnett?

He's proven he has the dramatic chops (Black Hawk Down, Mozart and the Whale), the lone comic appearance (Sin City) as a psychopath, his venture into a detective role (Black Dahlia), and he sort of has a 'younger Josh Brolin' vibe to him. I know he's not the hottest commodity in Hollywood right now, but I've always been a fan of his (minus Pearl Harbor). I think he'd be a great name to throw in the ring.

882636-josh_hartnett_400a061907.jpg

I agree, they should bring this guy in over Orlando Bloom. If they want a "has been pretty boy" This is the best choice, just not Bloom... I'm starting to really think the Orlando thing is not just a rumor and he may really be in the running.
orlando-353-300x0.jpg

I could never take Orlando Bloom seriously as Batman. He's way too pretty boy and delicate looking. Plus he's not that good of an actor. I find him very bland.

I could never take Orlando Bloom seriously as Batman. He's way too pretty boy and delicate looking. Plus he's not that good of an actor. I find him very bland.

I don't like Bloom at all, but I have to accept the possibility of him being cast. I think his name has come up somehow because of his track record of franchise hits (Pirates of the Caribbean, Lord of the Rings).

Studio execs in charge may not be thinking about character aspects, looks or voice being right and just think of $$$. Bloom can bring in the money based on just his reputation among general audiences and fans of the other films he's done, and not Batman fans... there's no way Batman fans would pick him first.

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe that Snyder will cast a pretty boy. He has a predilection for manly "alpha" actors so to say, like Butler, Cavill. So he might gravitate towards that type again for Batman.

I really don't think Snyder will look at Bloom and see his vision of Batman. We are afterall going to see Batman through Snyder's eyes. That is...

[BLACKOUT]unless WB push him to make a choice that he would not otherwise make.[/BLACKOUT]

Bloom or Kitsch? :barf:

Am I correct in assuming Snyder has not commented on any of the casting rumors yet?

7tgBRxV.jpg

Not a bad looking suit, don't like the wolverine claw marks by the bat symbol though, and the mask looks weird for some reason - too square-ish in the forehead. Not a fan of the bigass shoulder pads, either, or the ion canon looking thing running up his glove, but cool.

Why are people so ashamed of the leotard I wonder? And I KNOW it was WB that INSISTED on the leotard be removed from Superman's costume, and NOT Snyder. I really wish they'd have kept it.

There. I said it. I was only willing to forgive it if MOS completely blew my mind like I was hoping it would. It didn't. I liked it enough but it underwhelmed me, so it was not worth the removal of the "underwear". The best thing about it was Cavill as Superman, in the few Superman moments they allowed him to have in it.

Glad I got that out of my system.

Why are people so ashamed of the leotard I wonder? And I KNOW it was WB that INSISTED on the leotard be removed from Superman's costume, and NOT Snyder. I really wish they'd have kept it.
Do you mean the underwear on the outside? Snyder said that he tried thousands of designs but could not get one to work with underwater on the outside and he wanted it. So he ditched.

Where does it say that WB got him to lose the underwear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"