Batman: The Long Halloween possibly in the works as a two Part Animated Film!!

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
RTF EXCLUSIVE: 'DC Is Making A Two-Part Animated Film Out of BATMAN: THE LONG HALLOWEEN' - Revenge of The Fans

Now that I’ve given you some background on the book itself and its impact, let’s talk about what I’ve heard about the upcoming movie adaptation.

First, it should be noted that this one will not take place in the mini universe they seem to be building over at DC right now. So while my scoop earlier this week about the voice cast for Batman: Hushrevealed it would take place in the same world as The Death of Superman, Reign of The Superman, and others, The Long Halloween will be similar to Jay Oliva’s The Dark Knight Returns and Sam Liu’s The Killing Joke– standalone adaptations of iconic Batman stories.

How do I know this? Because I’ve laid eyes on a good chunk of the cast they’ve lined up for The Long Halloween, and there are no holdovers from Hush or those other films.

Now, as longtime readers know, my source for these voice casting stories isn’t permitted to share character names for fear of this affecting their job. But they were spot on about the cast of the upcoming Harley Quinn series, so I know they’re legit. That’s why I’m going to share with you some of the key names I’ve been given, and then you get to have some fun in the Comments Section speculating about who they’ll play.

Ready?

giphy.gif

Troy Baker
Baker has voiced, well, everyone.

One of the biggest names in voiceover for many years now, Baker’s resumé is positively insane. But if we narrow it down to DC, he’s voiced Batman several times, as well as The Joker. So take your guesses as to who he’ll be this time around.

Jensen Ackles
The Supernatural star has his own DC history, having voiced Jason Todd in Under The Red Hood. My gut tells me he’d be perfect for the young, conflicted Harvey Dent we meet in Long Halloween. But we’ll see.

Naya Rivera
Something tells me the Glee star would be a nice match for Selina Kyle, aka Catwoman. But I suppose she’d do just as well with other key women in the story, like Gilda Dent.

Titus Welliver
The veteran actor, in my mind, would make a great Carmine “The Roman” Falcone, or even Jim Gordon. His work on series like Sons of Anarchy and Boschleads me to believe he can nail playing a mafia kingpin. But he’s also shown himself to be a bit of a chameleon over the years, and has a knack for dialects, so there are plenty of ways to go with him. This will mark his DC voice acting debut.

David Dastmalchian
Dastmalchian is making his second foray into the world of Batman, having played one of The Joker’s more memorable henchmen in The Dark Knight. Based on his previous work, I’ve got a hunch he’d be a lock for Alberto Falcone.

The rest of the cast includes names like Jim Pirri (who’s voiced Mr. Freeze and Vandal Savage in previous DC films), Amy Landecker, Matthew Gray Gubler (who was The Riddler in Batman: Assault on Arkham), Katee Sackhoff, and Fred Tatasciore (who played Killer Croc and Solomon Grundy in DC Super Hero Girls).

So, all in all, a fantastic cast. And an expensive one, too. This tells me that Batman: The Long Halloween is being treated with all of the pomp and circumstance it deserves.

No word yet on when they’ll announce this, or when it’ll be released. Similar to Harley Quinn, it could take a while (and when it does get confirmed, I’m sure the trades will once again ignore that Revenge of The Fans was the first to break the story), so we may have to be a little patient for something official.

What an exciting time to be a Batman fan, and a lover of DC Entertainment’s animated films.

Pinch me!

I'd love to see it.

Just saw the announcement to this. What can I say; finally!! To me this is "the one"! You can't go wrong in transferring Tim Sale's art into animation. It should be a match made in heaven. Can't wait!!

The long Halloween is in my top 3 Batman stories ever, so if this happens I'll be SOOOOO happy

I do hope that Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill are involve in this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"