BvS Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.

harryoscop

Avenger
Reaction score
This is for when they start revealing the awesome merchandise!

Zryson would've loved this thread. This would've been heaven for him/her/it. :csad:

I'm looking forward to the Hot Toys versions of the Trinity. (especially Batman) Gonna have to start saving up my Shekels for those now.

I'm always looking forward to HOT Toys but I have to say they disappointed me with the MOS Superman. Neca won that battle imo.

I'm sure Mattel has a pretty outdated mediocre lineup just waiting to shelf warm. All I ask for in terms of merchandise from this movie is a 6 inch scale Batman and Batmobile to go with him.

I'm sure Mattel has a pretty outdated mediocre lineup just waiting to shelf warm. All I ask for in terms of merchandise from this movie is a 6 inch scale Batman and Batmobile to go with him.
Mattel is no worse than Hasbro, stop. I actually think Mattel made the leap with their MOS MM lineup, and sculpting. Good selection of characters, and IMO great mass produced figures. They moved too. I didn't see them hanging on well past their welcome. By the time the DVD came out they were gone. Series 2 was very difficult to find in stores.

Their MOS MM were easily better than the atrocity that was their TDK trilogy lineup. Sidenote, at least MAFEX is delivering where Mattel failed. Hopefully they give me a much needed BEGINS Batman, and Bane too.

Anyway, I heard Mattel were completely putting and end to the 6 inch lineup in all forms. But it would be such a wasted opportunity not to get BvS, as epic as it will be cinematically, in that scale.

I don't think we need a new Superman figure, given the differences in his costume from MOS are minimal, virtually un-noticable. But we absolutely need

Affleck's Batman
Affleck's Batman in Anti-Superman Armor

Maybe a Wonder Woman, depending on her role. And I could only dream of a Batmobile in that scale to go with the MM.

I've started saving up for the Hot Toys BVS Batman and Superman figures too. As far as other merchandise, I would like a Batmobile. I don't need to fit my figures inside of it. I would take a 1:18 scale version (so it can sit with my other model cars). I didn't know that Mattel was doing away with their 6-inch figures. If that's the case, why not leave that scale to a company like NECA? Their 25th Anniversary 7" 1989 Batman was amazing!

Last edited:
These days, when I walk into a Toys R Us or a Walmart, what I see is DC losing an entire generation of kids. Marvel dominates the aisles, while a few (mostly terrible) DC toys occupy a small, sad corner shelf. When it comes to mainstream consumer merch, Marvel's toys are better made, better merchandised, and better marketed.

One hopes that there will be an effort to reverse this trend with BVS.

On the other hand, DC's designer line is fantastic. I'd love to see a Batfleck made for that line. The Capullo Batman from that line is one of the highest quality toys in that price-range I've seen DC produce.

As for merchandise on the collectors end of the spectrum... I just grabbed the Hot Toys Robocop, so that pretty much blows my toy budget for a while. I missed my chance to buy the Hot Toy's Batman '89 version, though, and always regretted that... so hopefully by the time their Batfleck rolls around I will have some extra cash to throw at it.

Last edited:
I can't wait for the Hot Toys stuff for BvS
I WANT IT ALL

I will without question find some way to own the Hot Toys Batman. I get goosebumps thinking about what it will look like.

Last edited:
These days, when I walk into a Toys R Us or a Walmart, what I see is DC losing an entire generation of kids. Marvel dominates the aisles, while a few (mostly terrible) DC toys occupy a small, sad corner shelf. When it comes to mainstream consumer merch, Marvel's toys are better made, better merchandised, and better marketed.

One hopes that there will be an effort to reverse this trend with BVS.

On the other hand, DC's designer line is fantastic. I'd love to see a Batfleck made for that line. The Capullo Batman from that line is one of the highest quality toys in that price-range I've seen DC produce.

As for merchandise on the collectors end of the spectrum... I just grabbed the Hot Toys Robocop, so that pretty much blows my toy budget for a while. I missed my chance to buy the Hot Toy's Batman '89 version, though, and always regretted that... so hopefully by the time their Batfleck rolls around I will have some extra cash to throw at it.

Interesting, I have seen Marvel dominating the toys no doubt but in my Wal Mart, I am begining to see a lot of DC related clothes appear. Especially for girls. I see so many Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman stuff now. I see some Marvel things too but mostly only Spider Man. It used to be difficult for me to find wonder woman shirts in stores. I had to order online but now I just see them everywhere. It's great. In conclusion, Superhero related marchandise are dominated the clothe isle in stores like Wal Mart and that's nice to see. I don't need to like go to Hot Topic to find them.

Does a signed photo of Henry Cavill from BVS count?

Here's the scan of the Cavill photograph. The production was sending out pre-signed photos from the Michigan location.

supermanautograph_zps323e4621.jpg

The pic also has a sticker on the back noting the movie's copyright date and the photographer Clay Enos.

I can't wait to see the Hot Toys. Im hoping DC Collectibles do the Gentle Giant statues for this movie like they did MoS. I love the Superman one I have (need to get Faora) and would love to but a Batman and Wonder Woman next to it.

These days, when I walk into a Toys R Us or a Walmart, what I see is DC losing an entire generation of kids. Marvel dominates the aisles
Not because their toys are better. They're roughly the same quality.

In regards to movie merch, the Mattel stuff has way better likeness to the actual actors. I have a Cap from Winter Soldier that looks nothing like Evans. Star Lord movie Marvel Legend looks absolutely nothing like Pratt, etc.

This is the Marvel generation right now with kids. DC doesn't have the shelf space because they're not dominating media like they did in the 90s. And when Marvel releases like 2 or 3 feature films every year and DC gets one out every 2 to 3 years of course there will be a disproportionate amount of product for Marvel compared to DC.

Not because their toys are better. They're roughly the same quality.
I may have been unclear. I disagree that the toys are of the same quality, but I did not mean to imply that Marvel's quality is the reason they dominate the aisles. They dominate the aisle for a litany of reasons, chief among them those you go on to mention. Being better made, marketed, and merchandised is merely a single prong of the attack.

This is the Marvel generation right now with kids. DC doesn't have the shelf space because they're not dominating media like they did in the 90s. And when Marvel releases like 2 or 3 feature films every year and DC gets one out every 2 to 3 years of course there will be a disproportionate amount of product for Marvel compared to DC.
Yes, that is precisely why I made the statement that I made.

I can't wait to get the new Batman French toast holder.

Mattel is no worse than Hasbro, stop. I actually think Mattel made the leap with their MOS MM lineup, and sculpting. Good selection of characters, and IMO great mass produced figures. They moved too. I didn't see them hanging on well past their welcome. By the time the DVD came out they were gone. Series 2 was very difficult to find in stores.

Their MOS MM were easily better than the atrocity that was their TDK trilogy lineup. Sidenote, at least MAFEX is delivering where Mattel failed. Hopefully they give me a much needed BEGINS Batman, and Bane too.

Anyway, I heard Mattel were completely putting and end to the 6 inch lineup in all forms. But it would be such a wasted opportunity not to get BvS, as epic as it will be cinematically, in that scale.

I don't think we need a new Superman figure, given the differences in his costume from MOS are minimal, virtually un-noticable. But we absolutely need

Affleck's Batman
Affleck's Batman in Anti-Superman Armor

Maybe a Wonder Woman, depending on her role. And I could only dream of a Batmobile in that scale to go with the MM.

Yeah they're MM stuff from Man of Steel was pretty good. I'm talking about the actual toyline aimed at kids, that's what is probably going to shelfwarm and be awful. And since it looks like Mattel is giving up the 6 inch line, one fears that is all BvsS might get from them. I'm thinking it's up to DC Collectibles now.

WB and DC Collectables need to pump those toy's out they're way behind Disney and Marvel now.

I didn't know that Mattel was doing away with their 6-inch figures. If that's the case, why not leave that scale to a company like NECA? Their 25th Anniversary 7" 1989 Batman was amazing!
a) It's not confirmed they won't continue the 6 inch MM line for BvS
b) NECA's 25th anniversary Batman is the best figure I own
c) Mattel, and even DC Direct doesn't want American based companies making profit off rights in every scale to these characters that they pay license fees to keep.

NECA found some crazy loop hole to release that amazing figure.

Saint said:
I disagree that the toys are of the same quality
They are ... no amount of mental gymnastics could make it be otherwise. To argue like the Marvel Legends are some increased quality compared to the Movie Masters is absurd.

If anything Mattel actually has the better sculpting, and likeness.

In comparison to the kid focused properties? Currently Hasbro is focusing on putting out micro machine sized figures in 2 inch scale. DC has the multiverse line with superior sculpting, and poseability.

a) It's not confirmed they won't continue the 6 inch MM line for BvS
b) NECA's 25th anniversary Batman is the best figure I own
c) Mattel, and even DC Direct doesn't want American based companies making profit off rights in every scale to these characters that they pay license fees to keep.

NECA found some crazy loop hole to release that amazing figure.

I have that figure too. Best Batman I've owned in a while. And I know it can't happen, but it would be cool to see a company like NECA apply that same level of detail for some 6"-7" Batman v Superman figures. But as you said, licensing fees. Here's to hoping we at least get something in that scale from DC Collectibles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back