BvS Batman v Superman Moves To March 2016

Guardians did it well, as did the first Iron Man, but I wouldn't expect another cape flick to do it so well until its sequel or a Deadpool film.

Never under-estimate the lure of all-ages appeal. Many successful franchises played that to their advantage, and GOTG is just the latest one as it zooms past $418 million dollars. Still with many markets (big markets) yet to open! That's what I like about this success the most - it sends a clear signal to Hollywood that you can succeed with anything if you craft an excellent movie and dont take yourself too seriously in the process!

I never did, all I'm saying is that it's known that kids love watching the same movie over and over again un like adults where it usually gets old/ you want to watch something different, kids don't need that, if they find something they like, they watch it nearly every day. I did it with Jurassic Park and now my nephew is as well, he literally watched Jurassic Park every day (well..some days he isn't aloud to but every chance he gets he watches it) I stayed at my sisters house not to long ago and we watched Jurassic Park 1,2,3 that night and the next morning watched them all again. He's 5 btw.

I never did, all I'm saying is that it's known that kids love watching the same movie over and over again un like adults where it usually gets old/ you want to watch something different, kids don't need that, if they find something they like, they watch it nearly every day. I did it with Jurassic Park and now my nephew is as well, he literally watched Jurassic Park every day (well..some days he isn't aloud to but every chance he gets he watches it) I stayed at my sisters house not to long ago and we watched Jurassic Park 1,2,3 that night and the next morning watched them all again. He's 5 btw.

Many adults are loving GOTG, and flocking to see it in theaters. But that's what happens with all ages movies; they cross right across the demographics! I think that's the danger for the new DC universe; that it will make the mistake of taking itself way too seriously because ultimately people want to be entertained and if you dont entertain them, they dont go see your movie as much as they might somebody else's movie.

I personally think that the Justice League is that August date.Wb has already confirmed that Justice League will be filming back to back with bvs and that doj will be left in a cliffhanger I don't think they will tell another origin story after that until 2017
IT makes no sense to put anything else directly after bvs unless it's Justice League

>Generally
>lol forget that, I'll cherry pick one example

Why don't you make a sample of hundreds of films, across multiple genres? If you're trying to show critics disagree with the audience?

Also, the reason Ninja Turtles is beating Guardians is because a lot of people have seen Guardians now. Not many people go for repeat viewings of films.

What you are trying to claim is more of an exception than a general rule. At least thats how i see it.
And lmao at the reason that gotg is losing to ninja turtles is because a lot of people have seen it. Am going to start thinking you dont have a full understanding of how the box office works.

Then why is critically acclaimed guardians of the galaxy losing to critically panned ninja turtles for two consecutive weeks.

Because GotG came out a week prior, and the two movies aren't going head to head in their opening weekends? You realize its quite rare for a movie to maintain number 1 box office position unless it has literally no competition, right?

Because GotG came out a week prior, and the two movies aren't going head to head in their opening weekends? You realize its quite rare for a movie to maintain number 1 box office position unless it has literally no competition, right?

There are people here who hold critical views in high regard. They claim that a movie must have critical acclaim for it to perform well in the box office. If not, it bombs. Which is why i asked, using their logic why gotg was losing to a critically panned film.

I wish they had released MoS in March or July. Then it wouldn't have been eaten by all the other films out.

I kept insisting a year and a half ago that WB should've swapped Man of Steel with Jack the Giant Slayer for that March 1, 2013 spot. (Especially since MOS was completed December 2012.) It would've cleaned up big time, and held much better. Even with Oz: The Great & Powerful opening the week after, it would hold better, since Oz was aimed at families more than MOS was.

I'm glad WB came to their senses and did the right thing for BVS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"