BvS Batman v Superman Moves To March 2016

I see both sides of this. On one hand we get to see Bats vs Supes sooner than expected. But on the other hand I don't know what DC was afraid of. As great as the last Cap movie was it didn't break 100 million in its opening weekend while past Superman and Batman films break 100 mil with ease. It would have been an interesting news story to see who would have come out on top. Dawn of Justice would have won.

And lost a big chunk of money. Don't forget Cap 2 made more than MOS and Cap 3 is coming after AoU. It's not about DoJ winning, it's about WB wanting to make as much money as they possibly can from the movie.

Both movies are better off this way. Both would have had their bottom line hurt.

Even though BvS would likely win the box office battle, it would still be reduced going up against another big movie.

Cap 1 came out in July I'm pretty sure. And Marvel had the date first.

The thing that irks me about Marvel planting their flags up to 2019, and yet they don't say what their titles are then. Same thing with WB's nine other DC films they slated through 2020.

It was only after BVS moved from July 2015 to May 2016 that it leaked that Marvel's May title was CA3 -- and they confirmed it after its big opening weekend. Up until then it was merely 'Untitled Marvel Project.'

The thing that irks me about Marvel planting their flags up to 2019, and yet they don't say what their titles are then. Same thing with WB's nine other DC films they slated through 2020.

It was only after BVS moved from July 2015 to May 2016 that it leaked that Marvel's May title was CA3 -- and they confirmed it after its big opening weekend. Up until then it was merely 'Untitled Marvel Project.'

Yeah I noticed WB have avoided the month of May in their schedule. :funny:

But I don't think the months the movies are released matter THAT much anymore as TWS and GotG have shown.

Last edited:
Oh yeah. Not just April and August, but the date BVS moved to has great blockbuster potential with the right movies. As long as Snyder delivers a decently entertaining movie, it's going to be a huge movie.

I do think the tide will shift to year-round scheduling if a studio succeeds big time with a January or September blockbuster. Every other month is fair game now, but those two are still considered dumping ground months.

Hey we get what we get, plus we're gonna get more DC films in the long run!

Yeah, I agree with you and it's all great, just... the anticipation is killing me. :woot:

Especially since I'm not fan of those Marvel movies (I liked first Iron Man and I found Winter Soldier to be okay, but other than that, nah...), so unlike those who do like them, I don't have movies from Marvel cinematic universe to be excited about in the meantime.

But I don't think the months the movies are released matter THAT much anymore as TWS and GotG have shown.

Heh, after how May 2014 turned out I can't blame them. :oldrazz:

Yeah, I agree with you and it's all great, just... the anticipation is killing me. :woot:

Especially since I'm not fan of those Marvel movies (I liked first Iron Man and I found Winter Soldier to be okay, but other than that, nah...), so unlike those who do like them, I don't have movies from Marvel cinematic universe to be excited about in the meantime.

I feel ya man I feel ya. But soon that may change. I don't know about you but the Marvel movies that are a must watch are Cap 3 and AOU. Those are the ones I care for right now. But BvS is my most anticipated movie ever! AAAAAGHHH!!! Can't wait!

And lost a big chunk of money. Don't forget Cap 2 made more than MOS and Cap 3 is coming after AoU. It's not about DoJ winning, it's about WB wanting to make as much money as they possibly can from the movie.

Good points. WB needs as much momentum as they can going into this.

I feel ya man I feel ya. But soon that may change. I don't know about you but the Marvel movies that are a must watch are Cap 3 and AOU. Those are the ones I care for right now. But BvS is my most anticipated movie ever! AAAAAGHHH!!! Can't wait!

AOU is "Avengers: Age of Ultron" I take it? I must confess that I really dislike MCUs "The Avengers".

But those "Captain Americas" seem to usually be fine movies, even though I don't like the character very much, I like the approach of those movies.

AOU is "Avengers: Age of Ultron" I take it? I must confess that I really dislike MCUs "The Avengers".

But those "Captain Americas" seem to usually be fine movies, even though I don't like the character very much, I like the approach of those movies.

Haha yes, it's Avengers: Age of Ultron. Hey even if Marvel movies aren't your thing, they are a good pass time until BvS. And AOU looks action packed. :woot:

Haha yes, it's Avengers: Age of Ultron. Hey even if Marvel movies aren't your thing, they are a good pass time until BvS. And AOU looks action packed. :woot:

I saw the trailer and it was pretty hype. :woot:

Well, purely as a pass time, it's acceptable I guess... though, I'm looking forward to seeing "Guardians of the Galaxy" right now, (as I haven't seen the movie yet) much more than I did to any mainstream Marvel movie.

Captain America (the first movie) and the sequel are some excellent movies. That's the amazing thing about Marvel; they are able to take less popular characters and transform them into A-list superstars. And they are critically acclaimed - the sequel generating tons of praise from audiences and critics alike.

If it leaked, everybody would've been all over **** by now. :D:o

:ninja:

May is starting to be very crowed

Domestically speaking:

Alice in Wonderland opened to $116 million on the weekend of March 5th 2010 (Roughly the same as Man of Steel in the summer season last year) and went on to gross $334 million.

The Hunger Games opened to $152 million on the weekend of March 23rd 2012 before going on to gross $408 million.

It's not the month. It's the movie. If you give audiences what is perceived as an event picture, then they'll come.

And it doesn't get much more event than Batman V Superman.

Oh noes. Zryson won't agree with dat statement of BVS being an "EVENT" film. :o

Fine... I'll just tell him it's a small indie feature. That'll keep him happy.

Even though I usually can't stand AMC Movie News (mostly Campea), they were on the same wavelength with the date change.

I liked how no one was saying "WB is scared, that's why they moved", they pointed out the huge upside to the date move.

Do you guys think that if Episode 7 weren't coming in Winter 2015, that they would have moved this film to that date instead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"