BvS Batman vs. Superman plot speculation

Rorschach2012

Batman is my Dad
Reaction score
This thread exists somewhere else already, so until mods can merge it, here's a new one.

I think the characters involved should be Batman, Superman, Lois, Martha, Perry, Jimmy, Gordon, Alfred, Lex, Metallo, and Joker.
My idea is basically the World's Finest animated movie on film

Bruce Wayne can travel to Metropolis using a business deal with Lex Luthor as a front. At night he'd investigate Superman, whom Batman doesn't initially trust, and also Batman has been lead to Metropolis because he has heard word of a large shipment of Kryptonite being purchased by an unknown buyer.

After stopping some sort of minor crime, Superman discovers he is being watched by Batman. Because of Batman's menacing appearance and reputation for being a vigilante outlaw, Superman thinks Batman is a villain and attacks him relentlessly, demanding answers. Batman and Superman fight until a standstill until Batman pulls out a small sample of Kryptonite, telling Superman that people intend to buy a lot of it and Batman wants to know why.

Meanwhile, Lex Luthor is publicly criticizing Superman's destruction of Metropolis, and promises to rebuild the city.

I think it could be cool to do something like Public Enemies where Lex put out a bounty on Superman..

And should we get regular evil billionaire genius Lex or President Lex. I definitely want President Lex at some point i just don't know if it should be in World's Finest or Justice League.

You could do Batman and Superman going to Apokolips, that could be pretty awesome too.

Or Ra's and Lex. Or Brainiac and Lex. Really there are so many villain choices

Last edited:
I think the characters involved should be Batman, Superman, Lois, Martha, Perry, Jimmy, Gordon, Alfred, Lex, Metallo, and Joker.

I think it definitely needs pretty much all of those characters minus maybe Joker. I personally think dusting off Joker so soon is a mistake and if there is a Batman villain I'd rather it be one we didn't get in the Nolan trilogy. Lex is such a great foil for both Superman and Batman that its almost unnecessary to bring in a second major villain. Metallo is a good idea though because we need a big physical threat to Superman.

I think it could be cool to do something like Public Enemies where Lex put out a bounty on Superman..

And should we get regular evil billionaire genius Lex or President Lex. I definitely want President Lex at some point i just don't know if it should be in World's Finest or Justice League.

I'd rather see Lex as the billionaire business man and build to Lex being president further down the line.

You could do Batman and Superman going to Apokolips, that could be pretty awesome too.

Ra's (one closer to the comics with the Lazarus Pit and Talia by his side) and Lex would be a good idea but I doubt they'll bring back Ra's so soon.

One plot idea I had was Luthor and maybe a Gotham mob boss (Penguin? Black Mask?) doing work with Intergang and the film ends with a big hint towards Darkseid who is really controlling Intergang and would be the villain in the Justice League movie.

Definitely a business deal between Bruce and Lex. Definitely Batman suspicious of Superman. Definitely the reprecussions of Superman's reveal AND MoS' climax to be explored.

I feel a Superman villain should be the showcase antagonist, especially if Lex Luthor makes his debut here.

How about two Superman villains, Luthor and Brainiac, and you emphasize them as the worst human and alien respectively while emphasizing Superman and Batman as the best human and alien? LexCorp works as a competitor to Wayne Enterprises, and their inevitable split could parallel the growing alliance between the two heroes.

i like your idea OP - base it around..

Start it with.. Gotham skyline, dark, cold, mist appears from every angle, a horn is heard as a train rushes out of a tunnel.
Batman is on a freight train, it has lost control, the driver and guard on the floor, due to it being taken over with inmates from arkham asylum – we see the infamous joker locked up - watching on. Batman defeats goons as he makes his way to stop the train - news reports come in, helicopters fly alongside - it's dubbed as another batman sighting and police are in pursuit for both the inmates and batman - the batterang is used, as bats uses his ninja skills and stealth - we see a visually different batman than Nolan's - atop the train batman stands there, beckoning a goon to come forward, Snyder can really create a comic inspired batman - suddenly the police open fire - it gets serious - the news reports are nationwide and clark and other daily planet staff look on, details emerge that the train is headed for a densly populated area - clark takes no time to decide to intervene.
Suddenly the goons stop and look ***** scared, some burst out laughing, it creates confusion as hovering above is the alien superman - batman looks up, releases a smoke bomb and is gone.. superman collects a few goons in quick time, throws them back into a container, seals it shut with heat vision, melting the iron – he then flies further up the track and stops the train and rounds up the goons with the help of the police - from afar, in the shadows, bats looks on - p*ssed

Next, we see daily planet, then an announcement from lex, he and bruce wayne of wayne enterprises is using the recovered alien tech - saying it is for advancement of human race - behind close doors it is to find superman's weakness, or at least to be able to have a defense system strong enough - this is where kryptonite is discovered - contaminated/radiated fuel/metal from the world engine.
Bruce on the other hand, just wants to see for himself who this alien is.

Lex publicly condem's superman - where as the daily planet are championing him.

Superman soon realizes batman is on his tail – they exchange words, batman throws a punch – super speed allows batman to fall to ground – it gets heated – but batman notices superman becoming weaker – he doesn’t reveal the kryptonite, he saves it.

An army backed by lexcorp, similar to NSA is out on patrol and john corben is the rogue agent that poses a later threat to supes. He is powered by kryptonite – which has been kept secret by lex, unbeknown that bruce also is aware of kryptonite.

Metropolis slowly warm to superman – not before we see the bat signal, and when bats gets there, superman is there – he confronts bats about the kryptonite as he knew bats had something on him – again superman grows weak – batman reveals it – a struggle begins – bats has him by the throat and gives a speech – wonder what it could be inspired from. Suddenly the army lexcorp appear and they open fire on supes – it creates a distraction long enough for him to fly, fall away.

Bruce uncovers more on lex, he sees lex is evil – he also see’s superman save innocent civilians and realizes he was wrong.

A full scale army assault takes place, headed by john corben that bats comes to the aid of – offering supes a suit that will protect him from kryptonite – a replica of jor el’s suit plus mask.

The lexcorp army gets disbanded, lex claims it went rogue due to john corben and will go back to drawing board, with bruce and clark as friends…

From other sites I visit it seems a lot of people believe this will be a Batman VS Superman movie. Has anything been said that would confirm this? Or is it just hearsay?

Goyer seems to have semi-confirmed it. But even a vs movie will end up with the 2 heroes teaming up. It's interesting like that.:o

My idea for the story would involve Wayne coming to metropolis for a business venture with lexcop. They both share a fear/mistrust for superman and use their monry in resources to start development on a defense mechanism for humanity, feeling that humanitys only defense from freak aliens and super villans shouldnt be another freak himself. So they develop kryponite. Maybe it should be less intense than in the comics, like it just drastically weakens him as opposed to potentially killing him, but it would give batman the ability to fight supes an give lex the backstory for.hating superman and having the means.to hurt him. i think a manufactured kryptonite is a good way to introduce it into snyders world and makes a lot of other plot points work. The difference between lex and wayne is superman gains batmans trust and lex becomes bent on killing superman, developong his robot suit etc. just my two cents on a potential story

From other sites I visit it seems a lot of people believe this will be a Batman VS Superman movie. Has anything been said that would confirm this? Or is it just hearsay?

Yes, it has been confirmed.
The official WB press release says they will "face off".

All I can say is that I think whatever the story is it will include two iconic scenes from the comics:
The infamous Batman in armor vs Superman scene from the last issue of TDKR
and
the scene from that Action Comics issue where Clark gives Batman the kryptonite ring.

which implies
Lex would wear the ring for a time as he did in the movie. Anyone here remember Byrne's Superman #2 ?? if they could recreate that Luthor/ Superman confrontation and use Martha Kent instead of Lana, it would be amazing.

I hate to say it, but I'm just not sure if the DCAU interpretation of World's Finest can ever be topped. For my money that is the quintessential Superman meets Batman story. And it wasn't just the story that was so great, but also how it tackled their relationship both in and out of the suit.

There's really not a thing about it that isn't just perfect.

Last edited:
I think we might see Metallo in the movie, likely created by Lex.

All I can say is that I think whatever the story is it will include two iconic scenes from the comics:
The infamous Batman in armor vs Superman scene from the last issue of TDKR
and
the scene from that Action Comics issue where Clark gives Batman the kryptonite ring.

which implies
Lex would wear the ring for a time as he did in the movie. Anyone here remember Byrne's Superman #2 ?? if they could recreate that Luthor/ Superman confrontation and use Martha Kent instead of Lana, it would be amazing.

If Batman is able to beat Superman in a fight similar to that from TDKR and that Superman also ends up giving Batman a kryptonite ring at the end, then there's no point in having superman films because they've pretty much just emasculated him all the way should they go that route.

Joker is definitely not going to be in the movie. I don't think any Batman villains will be. It'll be Lex + another Superman villain, maybe Doomsday since that's who they keep talking about.

The villains that I'd like to see in the film: Lex, Metallo, and Deathstroke.

Joker is definitely not going to be in the movie. I don't think any Batman villains will be. It'll be Lex + another Superman villain, maybe Doomsday since that's who they keep talking about.

:huh:.....who keeps talking bout doomsday?

Superman vs Batman is no real contest without Kryptonite.

You only need to rewatch Man of Steel for the evidence. Faora + Nam-Ek dispatch the soldiers like rag doll toys within a second.

Superman vs Batman would be over in that time or less. Kryptonite must surely be involved in this film

I think it's too soon for Doomsday. Especially since the last movie had Zod. It would be like if in TDKT, Nolan went straight from Ra's Al Ghul to Bane/Talia.

i could see metallo and lex as the bad guys. its still a superman movie. i know everyone wants a batman reboot with a new origin and rehash the joker, but the tdk versions still resonate in the minds of the "general audience." batman villains arent needed as long as you have lex. hes what brings bruce to metropolis and batman investigates when a business deal goes sour.

I really hope they use a new Batman villain that we haven't seen yet. Preferably from neither the Nolan trilogy or the Burton/Schumaker films. Also, and i know this is going to sound silly, but I hope they craft this new Batman so that if we WANTED to we could pretend that he fits in with Nolan's continuity even though it's technically a completely different version. All I'm saying is don't outright contradict anything that happened in the Nolan trilogy that just ended, I want this to be a Batman that's already faced off against the Joker and Two Face and Bane and is well into his career.

How I think this movie should go, or at least how I would do it, upon further thought about what they need to do in this movie:

We start the film with Clark watching Lois do a report on the mysterious "Batman" who recently surfaced in Gotham City. They discuss the shadiness of such a character and Superman's possible influence in creating him and whether or not what he's doing is any better. Bruce comes to Metropolis to do a business venture with Lex in order to restore the city after the events of MoS. They both agree Superman can't be trusted. What Lex doesn't know is that Bruce is keeping an eye on him with this venture as well.

Meanwhile, we're introduced to John Corben, one of Lex's employees who is helping Lex "oversee" the venture. Clark finds out through his job at the Daily Planet that Lex is using the venture with Wayne Enterprises to secretly stockpile left over alien tech and debris from Zod's attack, and is also doing some nefarious **** that will make him more money and gain more political control over Metropolis. Bruce decides to take on this case himself as Batman as well.

Supes and Bats eventually have a run-in with each other, where they "fight" for the first time. Batman explains he doesn't trust Superman and thinks he's playing god, while Superman doesn't trust a man who won't show his face. They find out each others' secret identities Superman TAS style. They continue to have an antagonistic relationship throughout the film while fighting against Luther's plans.

Eventually towards the end of the second act, Corben is gravely injured in the process of a Supes/Bats conflict and Lex takes the opportunity to turn him into Metallo. By using Superman's reckless behavior as an excuse, Lex makes a deal with the government to take Superman down with Metallo, who is partially made of the terraformed Earth that Zod created, or as Lex dubs it, Kryptonite. Bruce actually had a hand in helping to create the materials that would be used for Metallo, as he agreed with Luther that they should make something to counteract Superman in case he ever crossed a certain line.

Metallo takes it too far and starts endangering the city himself, so Superman and Batman team-up to stop him. They come to an understanding with each other through this. Metallo, like Zod before him, eventually puts the life of a family in danger and Supes tries to stop him. Rather than killing him like he did Zod, Superman remembers what Batman told him about no killing and decides not to take the easy way out. He saves the family through different means, perhaps throwing himself in the way somehow and leaving Batman to finish Metallo off. Bats is proud of Supes for not taking the easy way out this time.

Bruce reveals all the dirt he dug up on Luther during his venture and uses that to discredit his name with the public. Bats and Supes go their separate ways with a mutual understanding and grudging respect for one another.

That is just an outline, obviously you want to make it less straightforward and more exciting than just that. And also give the Daily Planet people stuff to do. But I like it as a foundation for a Batman/Superman movie. This plot focuses on the character relations, development, plot and goes more in-depth into it than MoS while still delivering Batman vs. Superman and a good challenge for Superman as well. And not making Lex out to be more than he is, a shrewd business man who doesn't trust Superman.

The villains that I'd like to see in the film: Lex, Metallo, and Deathstroke.

This. :up: I've said it before but you always have some of the best ideas I've seen.

This thread exists somewhere else already, so until mods can merge it, here's a new one.

Bruce Wayne can travel to Metropolis using a business deal with Lex Luthor as a front. At night he'd investigate Superman, whom Batman doesn't initially trust, and also Batman has been lead to Metropolis because he has heard word of a large shipment of Kryptonite being purchased by an unknown buyer.

After stopping some sort of minor crime, Superman discovers he is being watched by Batman. Because of Batman's menacing appearance and reputation for being a vigilante outlaw, Superman thinks Batman is a villain and attacks him relentlessly, demanding answers. Batman and Superman fight until a standstill until Batman pulls out a small sample of Kryptonite, telling Superman that people intend to buy a lot of it and Batman wants to know why.

Meanwhile, Lex Luthor is publicly criticizing Superman's destruction of Metropolis, and promises to rebuild the city.

Definitely too soon for Joker and any Nolan villains. Plus using Nolan or Burton/Schumacher villains again is like bringing Darth Vader & The Emperor back to Star Wars: Episode VII. Some people want something new. I wouldn't also go into space just yet and villains like Brainiac & Darkseid are better left to JL movies IMHO.

Public Enemies would be a great story to base off. It's essentially a fast-paced fun Lex Luthor vs Superman story(which is what the sequel calls for) with a little Batman on the side.

lots of great ideas in this thread already. I could see them going for a similar kind of plot.

however, one thing I really don't want/like is for Superman to be the one who "inspires" Bruce to adopt the persona of Batman.

I feel that would really take away from Bruce - he shouldn't need anyone to inspire him to become Batman........

Possible plot ....

After the destruction of Metropolis Bruce Wayne and billionaire Lex Luther combine forces and build star labs. In their eyes supes is a possible treat that may need eliminating in the future.
Maybe star labs discover krytonite ? Or brainiac in space?
Supes and bats don't necessarily have to come to blows, which would be an unfair fight anyway!

At this point in time Lex isn't evil...

This way it still can be superman vs Batman and still be action packed like MOS

Last edited:
I think Lex wont be in the movie and Wayne's arrival will have nothing to do with the destruction of Metropolis in MoS..... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"