BvS Villians Besides Lex Luthor

Who exactly would be complaining against the utilization of Superman's own rogues gallery? Pretty certain that's what most (if not all) of us want.

You're looking at that statement out of context. It was in response to:

"Maybe they could do an original villain while paying homages to a rogues gallery character."

Which, while I don't have a problem with, I think would lead to a ton of complaining from fans who feel if they use [x-charater from the comics]'s power for an original character they should have just used [x-charater from the comics]

The problem with Brainiac is that you'd need to waste time on his backstory, especially considering that Krypton never really focused on an AI to the extent that STAS did.

How I would approach Brainiac:

Ok so we know Floating Kryptonian AI Robots exist from MOS, what I'd do is make Brainiac a bad variation of that which Zod or Jor-El has created many years ago. They realized that it was doing more harm and they threw him away into the far side of the galaxy where he evolved into the planet collector.

I'd go with the Joker, and don't give me none of that no one can play Joker better then Ledger crap.

I'd go with the Joker, and don't give me none of that no one can play Joker better then Ledger crap.

The problem with doing Joker in a live action setting such as seen here is that Joker can't take on Superman unlike in the cartoon world where everything is silly. You need a decent enough opponent who can take on both Batman and Superman in the world of the DCCU.

The problem with doing Joker in a live action setting such as seen here is that Joker can't take on Superman unlike in the cartoon world where everything is silly. You need a decent enough opponent who can take on both Batman and Superman in the world of the DCCU.

I'd actually do the Riddler, but I don't think the character needs to take on Superman on a physical level. It can be all about testing Superman's will, morals and mental capabilities. "What would you do to save [insert person here]?"

The Riddler would be like a mix of Gerard Butler's character from Law Abiding Citizen, Jigsaw from the Saw series and John Doe from Se7en. He'd have this grand scheme and he'd put Superman through absolute hell. Tearing down the boy scout and getting him to kill again would be his endgame.

Of course you could also do that with someone like Machester Black. It ties in nicely with the ending to MOS.

Metallo and Deathstroke as Luthor's minions, with Hope and Marcy (Amazons) as Luthor's bodyguards.

And some sneaky grotesque man referred to as Desaad assisting Luthor in his tech but Luthor clearly not trusting him.

And if I had my way, a Brainiac Luthor could betray and steal his stuff from.

1. Metallo, who is supposed to be under ARGUS/Waller's control (as a replacement for Superman that they can control), but has secretly been programmed by Lex Luthor to attack Metropolis (so Lex can show up in a power suit to save the day). Before Metallo reaches Metropolis however, he randomly malfunctions and regains his own free will and won't respond to Lex's shut-down commands, foiling Lex's plans of impressing the public.

&

Deathstroke hired by another party (hinted in the ending montage to be the Joker, the one who was responsible for Metallo's programming 'malfunctioning' to cause chaos in Metropolis), and is the one stopping Batman (and Nightwing) from reaching the LexCorp mainframe to manually disable Metallo, who Superman is trying his best to keep up with in Metropolis.

or

2. Doomsday, buried under Themyscira thousands of years ago, but has seemingly awoken and has been making its way to the surface. (if they're going to tie the Gods/Amazons with Krypotonian genetic manipulation, which Doomsday would be a failed example of). Have it revealed later that Vandal Savage was the one to awaken Doomsday in an effort to significantly reduce the population of Earth, which he later tries again with his Legion of 'Doom' in Justice League.

Last edited:
Brainiac for me should be done similar to STAS. He could be a rogue AI that they banished to the phantom zone. Then in the Zone he finds a way to get out through Dr Hamilton. But be best done in MOS3 for me. I'd also add Kara into the mix and have her located in the ice by Superman, infact I'd start the movie off with a beginning similar to the prequel comic and even tie this in with Brainiac been banished to the Zone.

Personally I think it's too soon for Doomsday. Although I would eventually love to see him. I think they should go with Brainiac as well, he could be a challenge to the both of the characters. I'm assuming the first half of the film will be Bruce Wayne VS Lex Luthor and Batman VS Superman, Second half would be Superman & Batman VS Luthor, which leads to the final fight facing off against Brainiac together. With Brainiac sprinkled in through out the film. But who knows, we'll have to wait and see.

I can totally see a variation of this go down in SvB

I'd actually do the Riddler, but I don't think the character needs to take on Superman on a physical level. It can be all about testing Superman's will, morals and mental capabilities. "What would you do to save [insert person here]?"
We're already getting that with Lex Luthor.

Personally I think it's too soon for Doomsday. Although I would eventually love to see him. I think they should go with Brainiac as well, he could be a challenge to the both of the characters. I'm assuming the first half of the film will be Bruce Wayne VS Lex Luthor and Batman VS Superman, Second half would be Superman & Batman VS Luthor, which leads to the final fight facing off against Brainiac together. With Brainiac sprinkled in through out the film. But who knows, we'll have to wait and see.

I agree, too soon for Doomsday and any more aliens in this film either. We're already licking our wounds from Zod. This film should essentially be The Earth VS Superman.

As for Brainiac, I'd save him for a JL film actually. Having played DCUO, he feels too large for just Superman to handle alone in the live action setting they've got going on. Seeing also that he likes to collect and shrink various cities of different worlds, I could see him pick up Metropolis, Gotham, Themisycira and Atlantis for example. So obviously they'll come out to play.

I can totally see a variation of this go down in SvB

If they don't want to use Metallo for the kryptonite. What about parasite being the one. could be interesting.

If they decide to abandon the prequel comic(which they could easily do), then yes.

Ah ok, cool. I figured the way Kryptonian's can create a "consciousness" like the little USB-device Clark had could be used as an explanation. Arbitrary Kryptonian finds and activates Brainiac's conscience on the scout ship and Brainiac can use [Insert Method] to transfer his own conscience to a vessel. Could work out alrightish.

From what I've read Brainiac is a pretty cool villain, definitely a lot of themes surrounding him that could be used as social commentary.

Who exactly would be complaining against the utilization of Superman's own rogues gallery? Pretty certain that's what most (if not all) of us want.

I want a Batman villain but that is just me.

It's hard to know how much of that is true, if any. All speculation at this point. Those tidbits could be true, could have been true before the rewrites, or the guy is full of it.

It was no secret Lex was going to be in this movie. WB is trying as hard as they can to keep the rest under wraps.

In any event, I'd wager on either Metallo or Doomsday. I think Metallo can do the same for the story as Doomsday without all of the mindless destruction. Also, Metallo fits so much more with the stuff Zod left behind. Plus... with Metallo, you'd have more time for Bats and Wondy.

I remember when that info first showed up, sounded like BS then, sounds like BS now

I would like a henchman to Luthor, that can be made into a physical challenge for both Superman and Batman. So I guess someone like Metallo or Parasite. Maybe both?

I would like a henchman to Luthor, that can be made into a physical challenge for both Superman and Batman. So I guess someone like Metallo or Parasite. Maybe both?
I would say Parasite but he's gonna be uncontrollable and then the need to be stopped.
I want Deathstroke for Batman but I think it's unlikely.

What about David Cain as Lex's personal bodyguard? And Metallo or even multiple Metallo's created by Lex from the wreckage of kryptonian ships technology. This way we get Supes vs Metallo and Bats vs Cain along with the two of them teaming up to outsmart and defeat Luthor, with Bruce's master plan only being able to be done by Clark and his abilities. Not to mention it would be a nice way to let us know that Cass exists in this filmverse.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"