Supergirl Batwoman/Gotham - Crossover?

personally I think the "forced" thing is a bit overblown

Nobody makes a big deal out of the Barry/Iris relationship shoving heterosexuality "down people's throats" or the fact that Lois & Clark had a whole series centered around their romance. Was L&C pushing the "heterosexual agenda"? Why is it a big deal when Sara makes out with Alex but not when Ollie jumps in bed with Helena or Felicity or Laurel or ...? Seriously, Ollie has been with more women than Captain Kirk!

if Batwoman is gay then great! If they play her as bi or straight then also great. If in the process she jumps in the sack with Sara or Alex and people gripe they had also better be expressing their displeasure if she also does the deed with Barry or Diggle or Winn.

personally I think the "forced" thing is a bit overblown

Nobody makes a big deal out of the Barry/Iris relationship shoving heterosexuality "down people's throats" or the fact that Lois & Clark had a whole series centered around their romance. Was L&C pushing the "heterosexual agenda"? Why is it a big deal when Sara makes out with Alex but not when Ollie jumps in bed with Helena or Felicity or Laurel or ...? Seriously, Ollie has been with more women than Captain Kirk!

if Batwoman is gay then great! If they play her as bi or straight then also great. If in the process she jumps in the sack with Sara or Alex and people gripe they had also better be expressing their displeasure if she also does the deed with Barry or Diggle or Winn.

That's because it's one of the most natural human interactions - between male and female, heck, of all species i'd imagine. In society, man and woman are attracted, they fall in love, lust whatever - common as night and day. You know that.

Society, some, not all are slowly introducing other aspects of the sexual spectrum - understandably because not everyone is ready. So sure, to some, being gay is abnormal.... to others, not at all. It takes time and understanding. But, not everyone will accept it, but that's up to them.

One day we will live in a society where anything goes - love is love.

But, what i will say is don't down play one to promote the other - all love is welcome.

Now, let's just hope Batgirl/woman is well written and she can inspire many people.

I'd rather Batwoman is on Earth 38 and Kara has some kind of friendship with her. Provided they cast a decent actor.

I don't want Alex to be anything other than a friend to the lady though because she is on another show..and besides, from what I have seen.. the two characters are too alike.

I am still holding out hope for Lena and Alex eventually considering dating. :gngl:
(Though Alex doesn't seem to like Lena much right now owing to her disagreement with Kara).

Of course.. it should happen after Kara and Lena bury their differences.. and Lena must remain a grey character (without the will she/won't she thing. Just make her a loyal friend who would do anything for Kara/SG, but also someone willing to bend the rules.. preferably without Kara's knowledge to avoid argument.. and sometimes just do things for selfish reasons such as getting ahead in business).

Imagine the possibilities. It'd be so much better than having Lena always be in some trouble of other with Kara rescuing.

PS: I just realised.. I hijacked this thread for talking about Lena sorry about that. Will stop right now. I came in here to speculate about Batwoman, I promise.

I think Kara and Kane being friends would be possible. But their alter egos might butt heads more than shake hands. Batwoman could be more than a little rough on the perps than Supergirl would like.

I think Kara and Kane being friends would be possible. But their alter egos might butt heads more than shake hands. Batwoman could be more than a little rough on the perps than Supergirl would like.

There is this series of comics on tumblr that shows Kara's and Bat Girl's friendships. You must have seen it?

The very first one I saw had SG coming to Batgirl and saying she is now on TV. :)

So.. it is not impossible. But,..in one interview of Melissa I read today, I saw that Kara may have reservations about a human vigilante because she worries about their vulnerability and their potential for getting killed or hurt so easily. So.. what you say may be right. Kara and Kate may become friends but Supergirl and Bat Woman may be at logger heads.

There is this series of comics on tumblr that shows Kara's and Bat Girl's friendships. You must have seen it?

The very first one I saw had SG coming to Batgirl and saying she is now on TV. :)

So.. it is not impossible. But,..in one interview of Melissa I read today, I saw that Kara may have reservations about a human vigilante because she worries about their vulnerability and their potential for getting killed or hurt so easily. So.. what you say may be right. Kara and Kate may become friends but Supergirl and Bat Woman may be at logger heads.

I know this is a route they like to go but I often find it kind of hypocritical.

Say both have to go stop a bank robbery with some armed robbers. You could argue that the only brave one in that situation is Kate as she is the only one who is any actual danger from gun fire. Kara is definitely being noble in that situation but I would argue in that situation she isn't brave. Bravery is to show courage even in the face of danger or pain and without Kryptonite or some seriously OP alien Kara has literally no threat of that.

Especially with how way over the top I think they have treated kryptonite. Like it being in the same city as Kara is an insult to her.

I know this is a route they like to go but I often find it kind of hypocritical.

Say both have to go stop a bank robbery with some armed robbers. You could argue that the only brave one in that situation is Kate as she is the only one who is any actual danger from gun fire. Kara is definitely being noble in that situation but I would argue in that situation she isn't brave. Bravery is to show courage even in the face of danger or pain and without Kryptonite or some seriously OP alien Kara has literally no threat of that.

Especially with how way over the top I think they have treated kryptonite. Like it being in the same city as Kara is an insult to her.

Okay... But, how is it hypocritical when the discussion is not about bravery but about vulnerability and fear? Kara doesn't say she is braver than other people. She says, she is unlikely to get hurt compared to humans. That is the truth.

She doesn't go into a situation involving armed robbery to prove she can do it.... or that she is brave. She does it to protect people. Because she can. So... has nothing to do with hypocrisy or even pride.

As for whether Kara is brave when there is a likelihood of her getting injured.. She has shown time and again that she is willing to go into situations to save people irrespective of danger; when she is powerless.

The Lena situation is completely different. The problem there was that Lena may not know this but to Kara, Lena is a friend. So, her having Kryptonite behind her back comes as a surprise to her. It'd be like your friend having something that could harm you and only you. I think their emotional entanglement muddies the picture for her.

Kara doesn't say hand over the Kryptonite when it's Lillian or someone else having it. She just goes in and tries to save the day. It is much the same way Clark reacted to J'onn having Kryptonite.

So. I don't see any hypocrisy. It seems more like a consistent characterization (especially when you consider that Kara doesn't say hand over the kryptonite to me but to Alex.. who had Kryptonite as far back as S1).

The only place where Kara does seem to use double standards is with Alex and her fellow DEO agents because while they are also consistently in dangerous situations, Kara doesn't seem to stop them from doing their job. I assume it is for the same reason that she doesn't ask regular law enforcement officials to just pack up and go home. Because she doesn't have the right (and with Alex, she was already a DEO agent for years before Kara joined up).

And... what does bravery mean to an invulnerable person? That is a whole other question altogether; but, I'd think it could be considered the ability to open their heart to love and friendship, hope and compassion, after suffering immeasurable and unimaginable loss... And, Kara has shown time and again that she is brave in that regard.

Okay... But, how is it hypocritical when the discussion is not about bravery but about vulnerability and fear? Kara doesn't say she is braver than other people. She says, she is unlikely to get hurt compared to humans. That is the truth.

She doesn't go into a situation involving armed robbery to prove she can do it.... or that she is brave. She does it to protect people. Because she can. So... has nothing to do with hypocrisy or even pride.

As for whether Kara is brave when there is a likelihood of her getting injured.. She has shown time and again that she is willing to go into situations to save people irrespective of danger; when she is powerless.

The Lena situation is completely different. The problem there was that Lena may not know this but to Kara, Lena is a friend. So, her having Kryptonite behind her back comes as a surprise to her. It'd be like your friend having something that could harm you and only you. I think their emotional entanglement muddies the picture for her.

Kara doesn't say hand over the Kryptonite when it's Lillian or someone else having it. She just goes in and tries to save the day. It is much the same way Clark reacted to J'onn having Kryptonite.

So. I don't see any hypocrisy. It seems more like a consistent characterization (especially when you consider that Kara doesn't say hand over the kryptonite to me but to Alex.. who had Kryptonite as far back as S1).

The only place where Kara does seem to use double standards is with Alex and her fellow DEO agents because while they are also consistently in dangerous situations, Kara doesn't seem to stop them from doing their job. I assume it is for the same reason that she doesn't ask regular law enforcement officials to just pack up and go home. Because she doesn't have the right (and with Alex, she was already a DEO agent for years before Kara joined up).

And... what does bravery mean to an invulnerable person? That is a whole other question altogether; but, I'd think it could be considered the ability to open their heart to love and friendship, hope and compassion, after suffering immeasurable and unimaginable loss... And, Kara has shown time and again that she is brave in that regard.

Ive just never been a fan of the way this paints Superman/Supergirl its always rubbed me as sort of talking down to those without powers. To say you are vulnerable is to be human. To feel fear is to have something to be fearful of. And I know Kara can display these emotions I know that's what they were trying to convey in the episode Human For A Day, that she was vulnerable and still wanted to help.

Im saying if she was to try and get Kate to avoid doing this so she could it would be.

I agreed with you in that regard when she has been shown to be compromised due to kryptonite exposure or a big villain she does stick it out but this happens a hand full of times a season.

The kryptonite is a thing I can kind of understand they need to take away from the show because it would get a bit repetitive if the villain of the week could just pull out some kryptonite and make a get away. And I do get the emotional entanglement but it has always seemed so clunky how Supergirl/Superman try's to say that there shouldn't be any of it. Really you are arguably the two most powerful beings on the planet and Earth has already had evil Kryptonians, why wouldn't we keep some of this in case it happens again?

The whole its the only thing that can kill me so you don't understand how personal it is stance that Kara takes just really irritated me. If the only thing that could kill you was some magic rock that until Lena didn't seem to be in great supply I don't think you have over much to worry about compared to Kate who has to worry about bullets, knifes and other more human weapons. I really enjoy this show but the handling of the kryptonite has been one of the biggest annoying factors for me whenever its brought up lol.

I think we would need a separate thread for that one question lol but do you see where im coming from? The fact that your are immune from harm should have no bearing on weather others put there self's in harms way or not. Especially when those others are more vulnerable, yet still choose to fight.

I agree that the show addresses it badly. :)

I don't consider it an actual concern for Kara in terms of helping people though (that she could get hurt; she would do it anyways).

I have not read the comics enough to know how it's in them. As for the Bats.. they are insanely rich from what I understand; and have tech that ordinary citizens can only dream to have. So.. they are also not really your average first responder.

But.. I don't think we should have a debate on which is better: bat or super; because I think people will have their preferences and no one is going to change their mind after all these years.

That is the best thing about having each of them... (so many of them) we can have the hero we want and identify best with.

I agree that the show addresses it badly. :)

I don't consider it an actual concern for Kara in terms of helping people though (that she could get hurt; she would do it anyways).

I have not read the comics enough to know how it's in them. As for the Bats.. they are insanely rich from what I understand; and have tech that ordinary citizens can only dream to have. So.. they are also not really your average first responder.

But.. I don't think we should have a debate on which is better: bat or super; because I think people will have their preferences and no one is going to change their mind after all these years.

That is the best thing about having each of them... (so many of them) we can have the hero we want and identify best with.

Yeah I agree I just mean I hope they don't drag out what should really be a one episode storyline of her and Kara not seeing eye to eye before recognizing each other as allies.

Hmmm...I wonder if we'll see Victor. Between this, Superman/Lois and the mystery Kryptonian, this crossover keeps sounding increasingly random, lol. But I dig it.

It's going to be a lot to pack into three shows. And I wonder who story line they are going for in order to get them all to interact?

I was going to say they consecutively ramped up these crossovers, but then I realized they followed up the first Legends crossover with just The Flash teaming up on Supergirl's earth and the musical was after Invasion.

Hmmm...I wonder if we'll see Victor. Between this, Superman/Lois and the mystery Kryptonian, this crossover keeps sounding increasingly random, lol. But I dig it.
There's a "mystery Kryptonian" in this crossover? first time I ever heard this. Who do you think it will be?

There's a "mystery Kryptonian" in this crossover? first time I ever heard this. Who do you think it will be?
Yep:
This Year's Arrowverse Crossover Will Feature A Mystery Kryptonian

The casting call was looking for someone of “open ethnicity,” and it looks like he’ll continue to show up somewhere in the Arrowverse after the crossover, so the two guesses on the Supergirl board were Jax-Ur or H’el.

Last edited:
Okay interesting... you're right that it will be either Jax-Ur or H’el. Also the description of this Kryptonian also indicated that this character could appear in post crossover episodes on any of the Arrowverse shows. He will most likely be recurring on Supergirl if I had to guess.

Came across this comic cover art for the crossover!

dsfui7kucaalnos-jpg-large.jpg

I was trying to figure out the best thread for this and decided on this one. It looks like we get some Kate/Kara time minus the men. Apparently Kate Kane is the missing Bruce Wayne’s cousin and head of Wane Enterprises. Is Kate Kane Bruce Wayne’s cousin in the comics. So Kara and Kate bond over being female heroes with slightly more famous male cousins. I foresee this being compared to BvS.

Melissa Benoist, Ruby Rose preview Supergirl and Batwoman's friendship in 'Elseworlds'

That's good the hear. It would be different for Kara to bond pretty quickly with a vigilante, as she usually has a knew-jerk objective to their existence and actions.

Plus, I'm saying it here and now... Karate!:woo:

Kara + Kate = Karate

The article doesn't say Kara and Kate become insta friends like Kara and Barry did. Kate is after all a bat, she doesn't welcome the triad to Gotham and she doesn't trust people easily. It makes sense to me that it would be Kara, as oppose to Oliver or Barry, who wins Kate's trust enough for her to work with them. It's the beginning of a friendship fueled by bond between two women who have quite a bit in common.

Last edited:
Well, I didn't say 'insta friends...' :cwink: But you are right, it will be a little rocky at first, though bonding pretty quickly can happen fast when under duress, unlike with Guardian whom it took her a while to get 'comfortable' with.
And Barry is special. They were instabuddies right from the start and super cute to go along with it!

I do like that they are going to get along, and hopefully not be butting heads all over the place

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"